Rumor: AL Playoff OF tests positive for steroids

DonkeyKongerko

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Could you please explain to me why?  It's not like their got busted with it in their system during the playoffs.

As b>w said, you're assuming people will give any outfielder from our team the benefit of doubt. Do people believe Palmiero only used steroids after his congressional testimony?

weird.

if anyone its aaron id guess. on our team

but theres good chances its other players.. i mean come on, damon, manny, sheffield, anderson, vlad, all are possibilities and huge guys. then you think of pods, rowand and dye? just doesnt seem to be pods/rowand/dye. im not too scared about it being one of them.

but i am scared about the consequences of if it is one of them.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
If it's one of our guys it's Aaron.  Maybe it's just me hoping but I don't think it's any of our guys.

Well the odds are in our favor not just in that its 1 in 4 without looking at the players, but you figure that there is a better than average chance that this rumor will not pan out because it seems more often than not that rumors are false. I wouldn't spend a whole heck of a lot of time thinking or worrying about this now.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Well the odds are in our favor not just in that its 1 in 4 without looking at the players, but you figure that there is a better than average chance that this rumor will not pan out because it seems more often than not that rumors are false. I wouldn't spend a whole heck of a lot of time thinking or worrying about this now.

I always worry about things I shouldn't though. So this will be no different unfortunately and this will be stuck in my mind until the player is announced or after a few weeks pass.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)

Why would Carol lie about his placement on an appeals committee? It wouldn't look too good of him to mention this rumor without any merit.

Odd how the person responsible for interviewing Carol appeared rather enthusiastic about the possibility of a White Sox testing positive. Combine a potential steroid user with the fortunate calls our team capitalized on, our World Series would basically be tainted. I realize many here wouldn't care, but I'd like for people to give our club due respect.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
The thing is, THEY WEREN'T USING STEROIDS DURING THE PLAYOFFS!

What would that have anything to do with it? Steroids improve your performance over the long term, not the short term. Taking steroids all season and then going "clean" during the playoffs doesn't mean you weren't helped by steroids in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
If the appeals process already happened wouldn't our guy have been suspended for the series if it was one of our guys?

No. Selig delayed Palmeiro's suspension until he recorded his 3000th hit. It's quite possible he followed similiar procedure to limit all the attention a positive steroid testing would have drawn from the World Series.

However, if it is a member of the White Sox, and Selig knew several weeks ago, he'll catch so much critcism for allowing this person to play during the series. You can't just allow a potential steroid user to play the remainder of the playoffs, THEN set the appeal date following the World Series.

This rumor will bug for me awhile. And to answer a post of Fathom's earlier, if anyone from our outfield does test positive I want their ass gone.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
No. Selig delayed Palmeiro's suspension until he recorded his 3000th hit. It's quite possible he followed similiar procedure to limit all the attention a positive steroid testing  would have drawn from the World Series.

However, if it is a member of the White Sox, and Selig knew several weeks ago, he'll catch so much critcism for allowing this person to play during the series.

This rumor will bug for me awhile. And to answer a post of Fathom's earlier, if anyone from our outfield does test positive I want their ass gone.

Good point about Palmeiro and I agree with everything you said.

If the positive test occured prior to the playoffs -- and it almost certainly did -- and MLB let this person play in the postseason, I will be absoutely furious. I hope that, even if it is Rowand or Pods, it will create an uproar and get MLB to impose a steroid policy that actually has teeth.