The Official Parade Thread

southsideirish71

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9:30 AM train out of Arlington Park was SRO. Felt like I was on the Red Line. Couldn't say I was mad. It was packed with Sox fans. Time to head to the parade, then to the Rally Crede with some co-workers. Catch 'yall later.

:gosox4:

I went out to lasalle/jackson to check things out at about 11am, and it was nuts already. There were tons of people out there, and a bunch more streaming in from all directions. It was also the staging areas for the pipers and some of the civic groups, so the atmosphere was electrice as they were all warming up and practicing. I wish I could have stayed.

My dad works at 29 S Lasalle and is so happy that he doesn't have to work tonight. Last time there was a ticker tape parade, the mounds of paper were pushed into the private alleys/driveways and since he is a janitor it fell upon him to clean up - took his full 8 hr shift plus an additional 4 hrs to cleanup - it might have been 20 years ago, but he never forgot that lol.

My aunt is down there. My friend and I were going to go, but I woke up sick as did two of her daughters. About 10 pills (and a checking balance check) later and I am starting to feel better lol.