Sox to increase tix prices/Seats still going FAST

southsider2k5

Interesting stuff in here. According to Brooks both the Scout seats and the club level are almost sold out for the 2006 season.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,1779839.story

At least the increased cost of watching the White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field in 2006 will be less than buying a beer.

Individual tickets, which go on sale Jan. 27, will rise $1 to $4, according to the team's Web site, except for the upper box and upper reserved sections that will remain the same.

The Sox also will keep their popular half-price Monday promotion in the club level, lower box and lower reserved, bleacher, upper box and upper reserved sections.

The $4 increase will occur in the premium lower box seats. The $3 increases will occur in the premium club level and bleacher sections.

Tickets will increase $2 in the club level, lower box and lower reserved sections. Premium upper box tickets will increase $1.

The most expensive ticket will cost $55 for "premier" games in the premium club level. That doesn't include any tack-on for the Cubs' series.

"Coming off a championship year, we did increase ticket prices," Sox vice president of marketing Brooks Boyer said. "But we didn't want to jam it to our fans. We could have raised prices higher, but we want to be fair to all our loyal fans who have stood behind us."

Despite Internet rumors, the White Sox haven't sold all their lower deck seats. Boyer added that about 30 seats remain in the club level and the team has sold nearly 290 of their 318 scouts section seats behind home plate.

- - -

Comparing next year's prices with 2005. Note: There are six half-price Mondays included in the "regular" games and three Cubs games in the "premium" list. Cubs-Sox tickets are $5 more than in 2005.

(GAMES) REGULAR (44) PRIME (15) PREMIUM (22) LOCATION 2006 2005 2006 2005 2006 2005 Premium Club $46 $43 $50 $47 $55 $52 Club Level $43 $41 $47 $45 $52 $50 Premium Lower Box $45 $41 $49 $45 $54 $50 Lower Box $32 $30 $36 $34 $41 $39 Lower Reserved $28 $26 $32 $30 $37 $35 Bleachers $27 $24 $31 $28 $36 $33 Premium Upper Box $21 $20 $25 $24 $30 $29 Upper Box $18 $18 $22 $22 $27 $27 Upper Reserved $14 $14 $18 $18 $23 $23

Copyright © 2005, The Chicago Tribune

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
I know they aren't raising prices by a lot but they have been raising it higher the past 2 years. At least from what I remember. How much more are they gonna raise it? I go to as many games as I can but with parking you're guarenteed to spend about $50 bucks each time you go to a game.

seriously, the train is the only way to go for me...i can't WAIT for the metra stop!

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I know they aren't raising prices by a lot but they have been raising it higher the past 2 years. At least from what I remember. How much more are they gonna raise it? I go to as many games as I can but with parking you're guarenteed to spend about $50 bucks each time you go to a game.

Relative to the other side of town.. the Sox are a bargin with their pricing. Also, they are one of the last in all of MLB who does staggard pricing. I know it sucks for those strapped for cash, but if we want top talent, we're going to have to contribute to it in this way. And if we keep winning.. it will only get worse.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Relative to the other side of town.. the Sox are a bargin with their pricing. Also, they are one of the last in all of MLB who does staggard pricing. I know it sucks for those strapped for cash, but if we want top talent, we're going to have to contribute to it in this way. And if we keep winning.. it will only get worse.

and if we want a huge payroll, it HAS to be this way. It sucks for people like me who are on a really tight budget, but if you want to do the crime, you have to do the time.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
and if we want a huge payroll, it HAS to be this way.  It sucks for people like me who are on a really tight budget, but if you want to do the crime,  you have to do the time.

Uhh.. yea..

"but if we want top talent, we're going to have to contribute to it in this way."

:P

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Uhh.. yea..

"but if we want top talent, we're going to have to contribute to it in this way."

:P

Look, I need to add something that I don't think anyone's touched on yet:

The ONLY way the Sox are going to be able to afford the VERY BEST PLAYERS is to get additional revenue, and that revenue may have to come from a price increase. In other words, fans are going to have to be a contributing factor in this process. I CANNOT stress this enough, and quite frankly I'm shocked that no one's mentioned this yet in this thread.

:P :lol: :lolhitting Did I forget the green? ooooopsy.....

I do not mind the price increase but lets spend some of the new found money no more of KW and JR crying no money to do anything and R.Gload at first is not a way to please fans with revenue.Links like below already are getting old.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/cs...-home-headlines

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)

You could raise even more money for the Sox if you had one of those Nielsen boxes on your TV.....

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
That would be great.

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

I personally miss the days when the White Sox were our little secret. 16,000 is the ideal attendance. You could go to a game on whim, show up 15 minutes before first pitch, park within 100 yards and buy great seats at the gate. You could get from your seat to the can and back between innings. You could pick up your brat / polish / kosher on the way and still not miss a pitch. You could keep your coat and stuff in an empty seat. You could tell the beer vendor what inning you want him to come back. If somebody blocked your view, or was just obnoxious, you could just slide down the row. Life was good, life was good…

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)

I personally miss the days when the White Sox were our little secret.  16,000 is the ideal attendance.  You could go to a game on whim, show up 15 minutes before first pitch, park within 100 yards and buy great seats at the gate. You could get from your seat to the can and back between innings.  You could pick up your brat / polish / kosher on the way and still not miss a pitch.  You could keep your coat and stuff in an empty seat.  You could tell the beer vendor what inning you want him to come back.  If somebody blocked your view, or was just obnoxious, you could just slide down the row.  Life was good, life was good…

Yeah, that was nice, but this is nicer:

CHICAGO WHITE SOX - YOUR 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

Attendance problems in trade for world title? I'll make that trade 11 times out of 10.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)

Attendance problems in trade for world title? I'll make that trade 11 times out of 10.

Good way to put it, we... will still have a great time with a packed house :)

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)

I know you're right but I really enjoyed the Cell when it had that minor league feel. What I really want is the best of both worlds -like that old car commercial where 'Bob' had all his own roads and nobody else could drive on them.

I'm sure you'll still be able to go to games next year with the ideal 16,000 in attendance. I'm actually looking forward to attending those games the most next year. When tickets go on sale in January, only a handful of games will sell out. And then people will get to choose what games they want to attend, while most likely the KC and Tampa Bay games (and maybe the 2nd and 3rd game of the season) will go ignored. April 18/19 vs KC... and late August games vs KC and TB will also draw small crowds.

We'll have record crowds this year, and a record number of sellouts (I'm guessing 35).. but inevitably the media will ignore that and only bring to the forefront the games vs the Royals where they can show the empty upper deck. And I'll probably be up there stretching out, drinking a beer with the beer man. Good times! :cheers

Edited by SouthSidePride05

It does look like corp Chicago is stepping up to the plate. I think the suites & other high priced admissions are even more important than individual ticket sales.

But I am surprised that they chose to go the general route rather than the premium route. They still play in the ALC & they are still going to struggle to draw against the Tiggers & Roys. I think it might have been a better strategy to raise prices for premium games such as BOS, NYY, STL, & the CUB. They play the NLC next year & I think they could have charged exorbant prices for these games if they wanted to. The revenue they could have generated from these games would have exceeded what they will get from their entire home schedule against either the Roys or the Tiggers.

Any word on 2 for 1 Tuesdays?

The number of season ticket holders will increase. What was it in 2005? 11,000? So, maybe that figure jumps to 15,000?

No surprise that prices went up. We're lucky they didn't go up by even more than they did. For me, it doesn't matter whether a bleacher seat costs $24 or $27.. it might as well be $100, because that is just an absurd amount of money to pay. There are 6 monday 'hal price' nights, and I plan on attending one of those.

And $6 beers? Forget it! I'll drink the parking lot.

You'll see an increase in attendance. But I think most Sox fans are like me - we simply won't pay our own hard earned cash to get into the park. I use my connections - friends with other teams, friends who work for US Cell, season ticker holders.. etc...

2006 will definately be one of the Sox Top 5 in franchise attendance.. no small feat for a club that's been around for 100 years....

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)

I personally miss the days when the White Sox were our little secret.  16,000 is the ideal attendance.  You could go to a game on whim, show up 15 minutes before first pitch, park within 100 yards and buy great seats at the gate. You could get from your seat to the can and back between innings.  You could pick up your brat / polish / kosher on the way and still not miss a pitch.  You could keep your coat and stuff in an empty seat.  You could tell the beer vendor what inning you want him to come back.  If somebody blocked your view, or was just obnoxious, you could just slide down the row.  Life was good, life was good…

Ah, the good days. Back when we weren't world champs.

QUOTE(easyw @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
You'll see an increase in attendance. But I think most Sox fans are like me - we simply won't pay our own hard earned cash to get into the park. I use my connections - friends with other teams, friends who work for US Cell, season ticker holders.. etc...

2006 will definately be one of the Sox Top 5 in franchise attendance.. no small feat for a club that's been around for 100 years....

Speak for your self. I dont think most Sox fans are like you. Yes they might not have enough money to drop down for season tickets, but I think most Sox fans will pay with their hard earned cash to see the 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!! Even if they only go to a couple of games a year.

QUOTE(Soxfan78 @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
Speak for your self. I dont think most Sox fans are like you. Yes they might not have enough money to drop down for season tickets, but I think most Sox fans will pay with their hard earned cash to see the 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!! Even if they only go to a couple of games a year.

i paid my money to see the.........white sox, no matter if they were champions or not. There's just something about going to the ballpark for a day that's just unbeatable.