My uncle

GasHeGone

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
So, there's good news and bad news:

The bad news: My uncle passed away this morning.

The good news: He was wearing his 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox t-shirt when he died.

Go Sox.

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad he was at least able to enjoy the World Champions.

QUOTE(traydragen @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
can't really say anything about the White Sox shirt bc that's not important at all when it comes to something like this

But it is. Sports can be a huge part of a person's life, and they bleed their favorite team's colors their entire lives. It also seems, atleast to me, that baseball specifically has this as well. Maybe that's because baseball is this way to me, maybe it just truly is this way, and maybe it is every sport in general...I'm not sure. The fact that he witnessed something huge, something monumental in White Sox history, something that hasn't happened since 1917 can help put closure to one's life. If he was a true, diehard Sox fan, then he witnessed something incredible, and it was a hell of an end.

Sorry for your loss...many condolences go out. I wish you the best through these times, and it will get easier to cope with the loss as time goes on. Be happy and thankful he did witness a world championship before he passed, and that he was a happy man in resting for the final time.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
But it is.  Sports can be a huge part of a person's life, and they bleed their favorite team's colors their entire lives.  It also seems, atleast to me, that baseball specifically has this as well.  Maybe that's because baseball is this way to me, maybe it just truly is this way, and maybe it is every sport in general...I'm not sure.  The fact that he witnessed something huge, something monumental in White Sox history, something that hasn't happened since 1917 can help put closure to one's life.  If he was a true, diehard Sox fan, then he witnessed something incredible, and it was a hell of an end.

Sorry for your loss...many condolences go out.  I wish you the best through these times, and it will get easier to cope with the loss as time goes on.  Be happy and thankful he did witness a world championship before he passed, and that he was a happy man in resting for the final time.

U said diehard fan........ sorry i know no pun was intended. Condolences ,prayers and best wishes.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
But it is.  Sports can be a huge part of a person's life, and they bleed their favorite team's colors their entire lives.  It also seems, atleast to me, that baseball specifically has this as well.  Maybe that's because baseball is this way to me, maybe it just truly is this way, and maybe it is every sport in general...I'm not sure.  The fact that he witnessed something huge, something monumental in White Sox history, something that hasn't happened since 1917 can help put closure to one's life.  If he was a true, diehard Sox fan, then he witnessed something incredible, and it was a hell of an end.

Sorry for your loss...many condolences go out.  I wish you the best through these times, and it will get easier to cope with the loss as time goes on.  Be happy and thankful he did witness a world championship before he passed, and that he was a happy man in resting for the final time.

i think you are very correct in what you said, as i am a huge sports fan. bears, bull, hawks and sox. i was a season ticket holder when i was living in chi for the bulls, hawks and sox. i saw 3 bulls championships, a hockey all star game, a hockey stanley cup, even tho the hawks lost(pitt). i am said i wasn't able to see in person the series game but was glad we won. so i would want something with me when it is my time.