Castillo to the Twins

SoxFan562004

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Castillo is a better player than Graffanino overall, and would still be the better 2-hole hitter.

Castillo is a better player than Graffanino overall, and would still be the better 2-hole hitter unless its on a team like the Twins who need more pop.

Is that easier to follow? I copied your whole sentence for you.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Castillo is a better player than Graffanino overall, and would still be the better 2-hole hitter.  He will put up much higher OBP's over the years than Graffanino will ever be able to dream of, unless he manages to repeat on his career year last season.

I don't know what to say to you if you think you can compare Tony's PH and utility OBP to Castillo's everyday OBP. It's like apple and oranges. I can't believe you really think that. Hurry hurry hurry. I gotta go.

Edited by jphat007

Castillo is a better player than Graffanino overall, and would still be the better 2-hole hitter unless its on a team like the Twins who need more pop.

Is that easier to follow? I copied your whole sentence for you.

It all depends on who the Twins sign to DH. They will get some power there. And when did Graffanino become a guy with a lot of pop in his bat? In 379 AB's last season, Graffanino hit 7 homeruns. In 439 AB's last season, Castillo hit 4 homeruns. It's really not that big of a difference. Give me Castillo's much better OBP over Graffanino's few extra homers, especially if you are comparing them both as #2 hitters.

Edited by SSH2005

:gosox3:

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
It all depends on who the Twins sign to DH.  They will get some power there.  And when did Graffanino become a guy with a lot of pop in his bat?  In 379 AB's last season, Graffanino hit 7 homeruns.  In 439 AB's last season, Castillo hit 4 homeruns.  It's really not that big of a difference.

I disagree. we'll see I suppose. It was fun!

From the Marlins Board...

C - Bugs Bunny

1B - Jacobs

2B - Bugs Bunny

SS - Ramirez

3B - Cabrera

LF - Willingham

CF - Bugs Bunny

RF - Hermida

SP - Willis

SP - Vargas

SP - Olsen

SP - Johnson

SP -Bugs Bunny

CL - Bowyer

SU - Messenger

MR - Resop

MR - Bump

:headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Imagine how the twins fans felt when we got paulie back and signed thome.

I didnt like it when the Sox got both of them :lol:

Bowyer is a flamethrower. But the Twins bullpen is pretty much set

Rivas SUCKED and anybody is an improvement

Punto isnt that bad, he is just not an everyday player

all in all, I liked this move

I think Lo Duca will probably end up in Arizona, since the Dodgers are really under budget constraints right now. Of course, when you've got catchers on the markets like Molina, Hernandez and Ausmus still, you probably won't see a move there for a while.

But this is a really good trade for the Twins, for the obvious reasons, when you look at Luis Rivas who they've had for the past few seasons and Nick Punto and compare them with Luis Castillo. Plus they didn't have to give up one of their good bullpen arms either, although Bowyer could definitely be Florida's closer in the future.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I didnt like it when the Sox got both of them :lol:

Bowyer is a flamethrower. But the Twins bullpen is pretty much set

Rivas SUCKED and anybody is an improvement

Punto isnt that bad, he is just not an everyday player

all in all, I liked this move

Great move for the Twins, Castillo would have been nice with the SOX but of course Iguchi is there.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
I congratulate the Twins on their 2006 Division crown.

OMFG.

You are so god damn ridiculous homefish.

I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic because you were prediciting doom and gloom for the Sox back in August while they were taking 2 of 3 from your beloved Twins. :headshake

So do the Twins have any more money left to spend?

If there was a color halfway between green and black, I'd use it.

I mean, this is a guy that plays Twins baseball, and we all know how hard that spanked us from 2001 - 2004. This is still a team that has Johan Santana, a bunch of no-names who turn into superstars against us, and, of course, their dreaded minor league system, which will invariably produce a new generation of Sox killers as it does every damn season.

Hopefully we luck out again and they get injured or come off to a bad start, but never, ever count out the Twins. The Indians might be the media darlings, but the Twins are still the team that gives me nightmares.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)

I mean, this is a guy that plays Twins baseball, and we all know how hard that spanked us from 2001 - 2004. This is still a team that has Johan Santana, a bunch of no-names who turn into superstars against us, and, of course, their dreaded minor league system, which will invariably produce a new generation of Sox killers as it does every damn season.

Hopefully we luck out again and they get injured or come off to a bad start, but never, ever count out the Twins. The Indians might be the media darlings, but the Twins are still the team that gives me nightmares.

They're a machine, right? One of your famous posts from the beginning of last year.

Luck? :rolly

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)

When Morneau figures out how to hit like a major leaguer and not like a reincarnation of Joe Borchard then give us a jingle on their chances.

Over/Under on number of times Mauer is on the DL with his knees.