TEJADA

bogie

QUOTE(bogie @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
you wouldn't want him if the deal was right?

The deal won't be right, and can't be right. His salary is too large, and he gave up on his team last year. The White Sox don't want overpaid players who give up on their team.. its not a fit. Give it up.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Thats all we need.  A player that wants out because he is on a losing team.  He signed the contract, honor it!

ditto! ^^^^ Its typical for the Red Sox and Cubs to go after a guy like that. Yep- TRASH there farm system for a 'super star' player.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5157958

White Sox, 30 to 1: G.M. Ken Williams is always up for a blockbuster, and Tejada would be a major upgrade over Juan Uribe. But with Konerko and new designated hitter Jim Thome set to earn a combined $20 million annually, it's doubtful the White Sox could absorb Tejada's contract.

Then again, the White Sox could start their package with right-hander Freddy Garcia, who is earning $9 million next season and $10 million in 2007. They also could include Uribe, one of their rising young outfielders and a pitching prospect.

Garcia, Uribe, one of our outfield prospects, and a pitching prospect? Way too much to pay for Tejada.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
ditto! ^^^^ Its typical for the Red Sox and Cubs to go after a guy like that. Yep- TRASH there farm system for a 'super star' player.

If the Sox had a huge hole at SS or were still in need for a big time bat, I'd be really high on giving up a few top notch prospects for Tejada. The guy is arguably the best shortstop in baseball and unlike some of them he's signed to a very fair deal (basically Konerko's deal). He's above average offensively and defensively and is a hard working player (although he stunk to finish the season but so did everyone on Bmore).

Tejada is a very good player and would be a big time pickup for the BoSox, Cubs or any other team looking to get better.

Honestly, if the Sox had a younger El Duque I'd make that proposed deal (well Freddy) although I'd hold onto Uribe as a super sub (this is in a make believe world).

But the Sox aren't in position to deal Frederico (even though I have my doubts as to his long term durability, although I hope I'm wrong).