Frank fires on the Sox - again

Al Lopez's Ghost

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Players leaving on bad terms isn't some epidemic that only happens to the Sox. Every team deals with this. No player likes to be traded, released, cut, etc. On the surface, its basically being told that you aren't wanted or needed. The difference is, some players handle it better than others. I don't blame Frank for being upset about all this. I just don't like the way he's handling it.

Looks like this things only starting. Here is the caption to a picture of KW:

"World Series Champion Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams, left, vents his anger for Frank Thomas to manager Ozzie Guillen during spring training at the Sox training facility in Tucson, Ariz., Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006. Seething Williams fired back at former slugger Thomas, calling him "an idiot" and saying "he's selfish" after his latest comments criticizing his ex-team. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)"

Looks like this things only starting. Here is the caption to a picture of KW:

"World Series Champion Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams, left, vents his anger for Frank Thomas to manager Ozzie Guillen during spring training at the Sox training facility in Tucson, Ariz., Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006. Seething Williams fired back at former slugger Thomas, calling him "an idiot" and saying "he's selfish" after his latest comments criticizing his ex-team. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)"

Yeah, I posted that quote a couple pages back. I wonder when this is going to hit the news?

Interesting.   Was it just a week ago that KW was babbling about how Ozzie needs to learn 'no comment'?

This new interview with Frank must have set KW off. It's obvious that Frank was mainly trying to jab Kenny in the interview. Still, "no comment" probably would have been the best course of action.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Yeah, I posted that quote a couple pages back.  I wonder when this is going to hit the news?

This new interview with Frank must have set KW off.  It's obvious that Frank was mainly trying to jab Kenny in the interview.  Still, "no comment" probably would have been the best course of action.

Kenny's best course of action should be to thank Frank for his "contributions" to the playoff run, and eventual World Series, that the White Sox had.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
Kenny's best course of action should be to thank Frank for his "contributions" to the playoff run, and eventual World Series, that the White Sox had.

^^^

Neither Frank or KW is right for having this make it out in the press. Frank shouldn't have started it, and KW shouldn't have responded. It does no good.

How would you feel if you were Frank Thomas? That reported came across as an asshole to me. I'm not offended by this, and I am still going to Frank's first game back in Chicago and giving him a standing ovation, just like I did last Memorial Day when he played for the first time in '05. It doesn't matter what team he is on, I will always cheer for the Big Hurt.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
How would you feel if you were Frank Thomas? That reported came across as an asshole to me. I'm not offended by this, and I am still going to Frank's first game back in Chicago and giving him a standing ovation, just like I did last Memorial Day when he played for the first time in '05. It doesn't matter what team he is on, I will always cheer for the Big Hurt.

I think we all know how Frank feels. After all, how many times does he use I, me, or my in the interview?

Frank, you are finished.

Just admit and retire.

You weren't disrespected by the Sox at all. You are dilusional.

Shut the f*%k up and quit talking about the White Sox. You are NO LONGER apart of the organization. We've moved on to bigger and BETTER things like Jim Thome.

We won a ring without you.

You're simply mad about that and refuse to admit that you are no longer a productive, everyday major league baseball player.

You say you are in your prime?

That is without a doubt the absolute funniest thing I have heard ALL offseason.

I mean, Robin (Ventura). Guys that could have been cornerstones forever in your organization. Alex Fernandez, Wilson Alvarez. It just continues. OK?

Wow, great point, Frank... and what did those three guys do after they left? Ventura had 1 decent year with the Mets and that was it... Alvarez only finally had a decent season two years ago.

Frank Thomas had the gall to say he is "in his prime" at 37. What a f***ing headcase... I wish he would shut up so I could keep on lovin' him...

Edited by Steve9347

And you're talking to me right now like I'm 40 years old. I'm not 40 years old. I'm 37. I'm in my prime.

That had to be the one quote I really shook my head at. Frank is dellusional. I sincerely hope he can have a healthy year, but IMO he's reaching his final days of his career. As I said, I hope not, but that seems to be the likely case. It's just really sad to see Frank's ego growing and growing.....

I am so glad that I have tickets for his return to Chicago. I can not wait to boo the hell out of him. Yea he was the face of the Sox for many years, but this is not how Frank should handle this.... SCREW YOU FRANK!!!!

I no I might get grilled by some people here, but I have tried to back Frank his whole carrer, and how he is acting now, just ruined everything for me about his time here.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Frank, you are finished.

Just admit and retire.

You weren't disrespected by the Sox at all.  You are dilusional.

Shut the f*%k up and quit talking about the White Sox.  You are NO LONGER apart of the organization.  We've moved on to bigger and BETTER things like Jim Thome. 

We won a ring without you.

You're simply mad about that and refuse to admit that you are no longer a productive, everyday major league baseball player.

You say you are in your prime? 

That is without a doubt the absolute funniest thing I have heard ALL offseason.

:lolhitting

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
I'm actually happy Frank didn't play during the playoffs, or else I'm sure he'd be taking credit for that also.

It is pretty funny Frank mentioned his 2000 season, but forgot how he came up empty in the playoffs. I guess he must be pretty frustrated considering he doesn't have a hit in the postseason since 1993. I love his b****ing about pay. He was paid $10 million in 2001 for 68 ABs. He was paid $6 million in 2004 for 240 ABs, and $8 million last year for 105 ABs plus a $3.5 million buyout. That's $27.5 million for a little more than 400 at bats. He just needs to shut the f*** up.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Outside of Durham and Jose,  the whole team sucked.

But he was the greatest player in team history. Nobody does anything on the baseball field that he doesn't do. Just listen to the mope. If he ever plays at USCF again, I'm not going to cheer or boo, but I will throw him a tissue.

I had to laugh at Frank saying: 'Like I said before, if they had just called and said, "Thanks for the ride, we're going a different direction," I could handle that'.

What a load of bull. On the one hand he says he should be treated special because he has been so special and then he comes up with this pile of utter nonsense. The fact is Thomas' ego/insecuriy simply can't accept that the Sox feel they are a better team without him. When I see how Konerko, who was such a force, carries himself like he is just one piece of the puzzle, I am reminded of how this team pulled together as one last year. No prima donna bulls***.