Favorite WS Game 2 Homer

whitesoxfan101

Which Home Run in Game 2 of the World Series is your favorite?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Home Run in Game 2 of the World Series is your favorite?

• Paul Konerko's Grand Slam
    • Scott Podsednik Walk Off Home Run

Ok I wasn't sure how to word this, but I think you get the idea. Looking back at the memories, which home run is your favorite? To be honest, I think Paulie will win, but I'm voting for Pods home run. With the way things were going so far in the playoffs, as soon as Dye got that call and the Astros made the pitching change, I knew something good was happening and that Paulie would come up big. That home run was AMAZING, and to have it happen on the first pitch was even more incredible....BUT I vote for Pods. With Paulie's homer, it put us up 2 in the 7th and I quickly began to worry about holding the lead (which we didn't), but with Pods homer, you had so many elements.

It was a walk off home run, so game over, we win, we're up 2-0 leaving town. His homer was SOOOOOOOO unexpected, I was just praying Pods would walk and maybe steal 2nd and we could come up with a clutch hit to win the game. He f***ing killed the ball, and I still refused to believe it was going to leave. Even when it left the park, I wasn't sure what to do, there was like a delay before I realized we had won and started to go completely wild and cheer and yell "OH MY GOD" over and over again.

I know this isn't all that important, but I figured it would be a fun thing to talk about and look back on and debate as tomorrow is March 1st and the beginning of the Spring Training games. Vote and post away.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I look at it differently. When Paulie came up, although I had a good feeling, I was also like "ok, this is our last chance, we better not f***ing blow this and head to Houston 1-1". When he hit that slam, it was part extreme joy and subconsious relief that we had the lead. With Pods homer, it was the 2nd most shocking thing I've ever seen in sports (next to the Illinois/Arizona comeback) and I was just completely losing my mind since it officially won the damn game and sent Houston home in a state of horrid depression.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
I guess I look at it differently.  When Paulie came up, although I had a good feeling, I was also like "ok, this is our last chance, we better not f***ing blow this and head to Houston 1-1".  When he hit that slam, it was part extreme joy and subconsious relief that we had the lead.  With Pods homer, it was the 2nd most shocking thing I've ever seen in sports (next to the Illinois/Arizona comeback) and I was just completely losing my mind since it officially won the damn game and sent Houston home in a state of horrid depression.

In my eyes, I just felt Kong's won us the game. I wasn't scared at all after Jenks blew the save. I was freaked out when we were down earlier in the game, but I knew something ridiculous would happen in our favor after the BS. We weren't going to let it slip away.

Konerko's homerun just had a sense of magic about it. I bet every one of us on this messageboard watched that moment, and just like me they knew what was going to happen. Paul had a perfect pitch, perfect swing, and a perfect moment. When Pods hit that homerun, I was stunned, but his homerun was more of a pump-your-fist-YES! moment. Paul Konerko's grand slam was the stuff of legends. Down 4-2 in the seventh with the bases loaded, and he nails the first pitch he sees outta the park? It was too great of a moment for me.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
For whatever reason, I could just see Konerko's home run coming.

Pod's took by by total surprise. Never in a million years could I have seen that one coming.

I didn't even know how to react to the Pod's homer. For one, I was shocked. Two, I had used up every bit of emotion I had after the Konerko blast.

Paulie's my boy, that salami was a game saver, but I still have to go with pods....14th walk off in world series history, off one of the best closers in the league, from someone who hadn't hit a home run all season. I loved PKs reaction, but the reaction from pods was freaking hilarious/heart warming/utterly joyful.

oh and I forgot to add, both make me tear up everytime i watch the WS DVD.

Edited by DABearSoX

It was PK's GS for me. I want to say Pods' homer. I really, really feel like that should be my choice, but it's not. The GS caused me to scream, jump up, run around high-fiving anyone, etc. By the time Pods had his moment, I had already experienced the highs and lows, and I just didn't know how to react to it. I stood up the second it left the bat, said, "no way...OMG," and then I walked around stunned. I guess I have to pick PK's shot because it came first.

Paulie's Grand Slam caused everyone in the stadium to jump up and down, including the guys in our bullpen.

If not for PK's grand slam, Pods would've never had a walkoff homer. To be honest, I really thought Pods might go deep because Lidge gave up a pretty deep out to Uribe.

Paulie's Grand Slam caused everyone in the stadium to jump up and down, including the guys in our bullpen.

If not for PK's grand slam, Pods would've never had a walkoff homer.  To be honest, I really thought Pods might go deep because Lidge gave up a pretty deep out to Uribe.

Even Marte was hopping around like a little kid, haha. You can see him in the replay at WhiteSox.com.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Haha I always tell people that is my favorite Marte memory.

I remember when I was first able to use MLB.TV last year, he made this tag play at home on a WP in KC. It saved us this game. That was really awesome. The Sox fans and myself were all huddled around the monitor for that one and going crazy lol.

I remember when I was first able to use MLB.TV last year, he made this tag play at home on a WP in KC.  It saved us this game.  That was really awesome.  The Sox fans and myself were all huddled around the monitor for that one and going crazy lol.

One of the only other good memories of Marte...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...d=cws&ym=200504

April 23: CWS @ KC

• Marte tags out Diaz: 56K | 350K

Hawk and DJ blew their collective load on that play.

Ok I wasn't sure how to word this, but I think you get the idea.  Looking back at the memories, which home run is your favorite?  To be honest, I think Paulie will win, but I'm voting for Pods home run.  With the way things were going so far in the playoffs, as soon as Dye got that call and the Astros made the pitching change, I knew something good was happening and that Paulie would come up big.  That home run was AMAZING, and to have it happen on the first pitch was even more incredible....BUT I vote for Pods.  With Paulie's homer, it put us up 2 in the 7th and I quickly began to worry about holding the lead (which we didn't), but with Pods homer, you had so many elements.

It was a walk off home run, so game over, we win, we're up 2-0 leaving town.  His homer was SOOOOOOOO unexpected, I was just praying Pods would walk and maybe steal 2nd and we could come up with a clutch hit to win the game.  He f***ing killed the ball, and I still refused to believe it was going to leave.  Even when it left the park, I wasn't sure what to do, there was like a delay before I realized we had won and started to go completely wild and cheer and yell "OH MY GOD" over and over again. 

I know this isn't all that important, but I figured it would be a fun thing to talk about and look back on and debate as tomorrow is March 1st and the beginning of the Spring Training games.  Vote and post away.

I can remember freakin everything about Pods HR, but Paul's homer was what put us up, and I vote for that

:gosox3: :gosox2: :canada :usa

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
I vote both. :)

Hehe that's the best part. In reality, they are 2 of the 3 biggest home runs in team history (along with Blum's) and helped us win the World Series, so this is a silly argument. Fun times though, I never thought I'd be able to start a poll like this.