Who are you picking to win it all?

UConn definitely should be the odds-on-favorite. They don't have any major weaknesses that I can see.

I really only see two other teams that stand out as potential national champs: Villanova and Memphis. Those are the only other two teams that I've been impressed with. I know that Nova could have a tough time because of their size and that Memphis is a little young, but everyone else has some bigger flaws.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
UConn definitely should be the odds-on-favorite. They don't have any major weaknesses that I can see.

I really only see two other teams that stand out as potential national champs: Villanova and Memphis. Those are the only other two teams that I've been impressed with. I know that Nova could have a tough time because of their size and that Memphis is a little young, but everyone else has some bigger flaws.

No Duke? I hate them as much as anybody, but they've gotta be right up there as one of the favorites.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
No Duke?  I hate them as much as anybody,  but they've gotta be right up there as one of the favorites.

I really don't think they will win 6 in a row on a neutral floor, with refs that should be less favorable than normal. They would have lost about 3 more games if not for the favorable calls that they get at home, and they needed a half court prayer to bail them out against another non-tourney team. They rely on Redick and Williams very heavily. One bad game from either of them and they are done. This is especially a concern since Redick seems to be wearing out recently. In his last two games he's shot 5-21 and 3-10, with only free throws propping up his totals. Considering he'll probably get fewer favorable calls and his performance in the tournament the last few years, I can't really consider them a strong favorite to make the Final Four.

Edited by ZoomSlowik