My friends and I are all 18 now...

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
What are the best places to go to in or around the city?  It seems like we need to visit an fine establishment now that we are 18.  What did u guys do once you turned 18?

Are you referring to a strip club?

What are the best places to go to in or around the city?  It seems like we need to visit an fine establishment now that we are 18.  What did u guys do once you turned 18?

This is what I did when I turned 18: Watch Freddy Garcia throw a one hitter and lose the game. :(

I registered. Made me feel like an American.

I then proceeded to field phone calls from every single branch of the military for the next two years.

I stopped by a strip club one night. I saw the entry fee, choked. I saw the minimum drink limit, and then asked the price. $10 for a coke. I did the math, it would have costed about $70 just to get in. I laughed. I left. I've never been to such an establishment, and I am now closing in on 36.

Your local Quickie Mart (or whatever) has a fine selection of magazines you could possibly buy now. As long as they don't lecture you. That was another thing I did right away back then. Stopped in, asked for a copy of...I think it was Oui or Chic, and the guy behind the counter (the owner, BTW) decided I was in need of lecturing. It ended with me explaining to him I was just buying one magazine for kicks, he on the other hand was selling them and making a profit on them, so who was at the greater wrong.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
I registered. Made me feel like an American.

I then proceeded to field phone calls from every single branch of the military for the next two years.

I stopped by a strip club one night. I saw the entry fee, choked. I saw the minimum drink limit, and then asked the price. $10 for a coke. I did the math, it would have costed about $70 just to get in. I laughed. I left. I've never been to such an establishment, and I am now closing in on 36.

Your local Quickie Mart (or whatever) has a fine selection of magazines you could possibly buy now. As long as they don't lecture you. That was another thing I did right away back then. Stopped in, asked for a copy of...I think it was Oui or Chic, and the guy behind the counter (the owner, BTW) decided I was in need of lecturing. It ended with me explaining to him I was just buying one magazine for kicks, he on the other hand was selling them and making a profit on them, so who was at the greater wrong.

$70 bucks. That is outrageous.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
maybe :ph34r:

LOL.. :lolhitting

I'll let those who may have more experience answer then.

If all else fails, Scores on North Ave and Mannheim isn't in the city... but it'll serve the purpose. ;)

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
$70 bucks.  That is outrageous.

They ain't cheap man. Also, if you don't want to be treated rude, you better plan on tipping. No tips leads to some surly strippers from what my buddies tell me. They get mean, and they get uglier than they already are.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
Never pay for a woman's attention.

At the very least, make sure they reciprocate. :chair :D

My dad and I went to the liquor store and then we had a get together/bonfire/campout with a bunch of people at my uncles.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
At the very least, make sure they reciprocate.  :chair  :D

My dad and I went to the liquor store and then we had a get together/bonfire/campout with a bunch of people at my uncles.

The drinking age is 18 in Iowa? Oh right...Iowa... :P

When I turned 18, I spent my birthday immersed in school material.

However, several weeks later I attended my first strip club, and couldn't say I enjoyed the experience. Not because I dislike objectifying women :D , but I don't share the excitement others feel. Straddling suddenly became less enjoyable when the prospect of paying money was introduced. Difficult to appreciate a lapdance as well when nearly half the room is comprised of unemployed, depressed, middle aged men.

It felt more like an rite of passage than an activity I'd consider repeating. You want a true experience? Find yourself the dirtiest prostitute and have all your friends take turns. That's what I really should have done. :D ;)

On my 18th birthday...went to the usual swimming 2-a-day practices, came home with a godawful splitting headache, wanted to just go to sleep, was forced by parents to accompany them to the nearest Ponderosa (the one, mind you, on Route 20 in Gary), spent the whole meal except for the chewing part with my head lying face down on the table trying to keep head from hurting. Went home, passed out.

So yeah, yours will probably be a step up from mine.

at mizzou there is a strip club with a dollar entry fee and just need a drink on you at all times...cokes are 3.50...

some of the girls aren't lookers but i think thats why we have so much fun. y'know...cause making fun of people with low self esteem is hilarious

that really was a joke...

Go during the week, lots of specials. Most places are about $10 to get in. I dont see a drink limit at most places. each dance is about $10 that lasts a song. You can have a fun night on 40 bucks easy.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:54 AM)
All you need to know.  Stay far, far away.  :P

Ahhh, my 18th.  I remember about 1/2 of that.  Early in my freshman year, my roommates threw a big party.  Good times.  I'm pretty sure of that.

i'm so offended.