Sox Jersey Question

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a guy this year at Sox game this spring in Peoria that took his 35 Thomas jersey and used some black tape and made it into Thome 25. I told him, "nice Ghetto job...". Said he was savin his penny's (as he bought 2 of those killer brats).

I went with AJ because I wanted a player that I figured would still be around for a few years (after getting burned getting an All-Star jersey with--doh!--Loaiza's name on it).

Who knows if Jenks will be around? Or Iguchi?

Konerko's obviously the safe bet, although there's a lot of PK jerseys out there.

I think Bmac is a great choice. Wish I would have thought of that.

I really, really wanted a Takatsu jersey last year at the beginning. PHEW... I didn't get one.

I went with AJ because I wanted a player that I figured would still be around for a few years (after getting burned getting an All-Star jersey with--doh!--Loaiza's name on it).

Who knows if Jenks will be around?  Or Iguchi?

Konerko's obviously the safe bet, although there's a lot of PK jerseys out there.

I think Bmac is a great choice.  Wish I would have thought of that.

I really, really wanted a Takatsu jersey last year at the beginning.  PHEW... I didn't get one.

Both Jenks and McCarthy will probably be around for awhile, unless Jenks completely stops throwing strikes. Iguchi will likely be here for at least two more seasons (he has a cheap 2007 team option).

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
Both Jenks and McCarthy will probably be around for awhile, unless Jenks completely stops throwing strikes.  Iguchi will likely be here for at least two more seasons (he has a cheap 2007 team option).

Probably. I guess I could have gone with Gooch. I chickened out.

I still love the McCarthy idea and now have buyer's remorse! But I like the AJ jersey (World Series).

I also figured for what they charge these days, I'd make them put as many letters on the back as would fit, LOL.

BTW is it just me, or did jersey prices shoot up $50. Ordering a custom AJ jersey cost $200 (getting my name last year cost only $150). And I was shocked at the Cell yesterday when looking in the gift shop and all the jerseys were now $150. Didn't they used to be $100?

And Lord oh Lord the '59 ones are now up to $275. Are you freakin' kidding me?

Also, what the hell happened to the "Hall of Fame" half of the gift shop?

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Do you play for the White Sox?

Thats basically why I hate it when I see people putting their names on the back of jerseys.

Hey I have one with my name on it! :bang

You do it because it's literally personalizing the jersey, not because you're trying to fool people into thinking you're on the team.

However, in your defense, my main Sox fan buddy with whom I attended most games last year feels the same way you do. He hates that jersey.

Here's what I want to know: I have all the regular jerseys, but only two have names. Is there a place that will stitch on the name and number of a player? Or would it make more sense cost-wise to just buy a new jersey.

Maybe I can then stick McCarthy on the black and Gooch on the gray. The jerseys look way cooler when they have the name/number on them.