Dye Update?

joeynach

The diagnosis was a Knot in the calf and some tightness. Said he was getting some treatment yesterday and then they would decide if he plays today. Does anyone have any info on his status, maybe they said something on the radio today?

On the Royals telecast the announcers said JD took part in the stretches and the pre game warmups. I assume this is one of those things where when JD says he's ready, Ozzie will give him an extra day or two just as a precautionary measure.

Waiting game: If this three-game series against the Royals was taking place in September, during a drive for the postseason, Jermaine Dye would have been in the starting lineup and out in right field. But Dye could end up missing the entire weekend series with a knot in his left calf, playing it safe now rather than being sorry later in the season.

"It's still sore a little bit," said Dye. "I went out there and did some running [pregame], but I still felt it grab a little bit. [Third-base coach] Joey [Cora] came out there with me and just told me, 'Don't do anything stupid.'

"I'll probably give it another day or so. I'll see how I feel every day."

Rob Mackowiak earned the start in right field on Friday, with Ozuna already in the lineup in left. Dye said that he first felt the knot prior to Wednesday's series finale against Cleveland, a pain that transformed into a feeling like something released inside and tightened up once he was on the field. He left Wednesday's game after just one inning of play.

"It was just there. It was weird," he said. "We didn't want to try anything stupid the third game of the season."

Dye Update