Easter Dinner

Soxy

Since I'm not going back to Chicago and the fam for Easter I'm having some people over and we're having a kind of easter pot-luck. Here's the menu that's been rsvp'ed:

Herb roasted turkey breast

Salmon

Cheesy potatoes

Sweet potato casserole

zuccini

chocolate pie

So, what are you guys all having for Easter Dinner?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
The local supermarket has a special on it's free range, corn fed Turkies. So that with piles of nutmeg mash, sweetcorn and gravy, with a Lemon Tart from the local French Farmers market (visits every 6 weeks) will have to do I suppose.

I'm thinking Nachos and a Polish for my dinner tomorrow. :cheers

Every easter one of my best friends folks throw a huge easter bash (mainly for his younger brothers) but we all go over. They bbq as well as cook a ham and his mom is a baker so there are pies and cookies everywhere.

Usually we play a football game in the early afternoon and than eat like pigs before finishing off the evening/afternoon with a short game of bruiser ball (basically its basketball on my buddies ghetto hoop which is like 9 feet tall) and than bust out the video games.

I'm still a kid at heart.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Every easter one of my best friends folks throw a huge easter bash (mainly for his younger brothers) but we all go over.  They bbq as well as cook a ham and his mom is a baker so there are pies and cookies everywhere.

Usually we play a football game in the early afternoon and than eat like pigs before finishing off the evening/afternoon with a short game of bruiser ball (basically its basketball on my buddies ghetto hoop which is like 9 feet tall) and than bust out the video games. 

I'm still a kid at heart.

You still have the grammar abilities of a 10 year old too. :P

Pre-Easter dinner: Tonight I smoked 3 pork butt roasts, did up some slaw, and made some sweet tea for all the family who came over. I'm a BBQ nut, and I am just falling further and further into the BBQ world. The sweet tea is this weeks addition, and the next time out with also include some collard greens or for desert some sweet potato pie. Yes, all day there was John Mooney, Lightnin' Hopkins, and Ronnie Dawson. If your going BBQ, ya have to also go Delta and Rockabilly.

Tomorrow is the standard Easter meal: Ham, cheesy potato's, green bean casserol, and some other stuff, over at the in-laws. I could use the day of rest though, I am wiped after today.

Now I'm off to play a little slide guitar.

"I was born a poor black child..." keeps going through my mind. :D