April 22nd Game Thread Twins at Sox

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Maybe they're having Jenks come into a game situation to throw his breaking balls?

Is he throwing them?

Nope. Jenks has had plenty of work. Thornton's someone who could have used an inning. It's fine though...as long as he doesn't get hurt.

QUOTE(Guillen'sGuy @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
Get the kid some work.  Not that big of a deal in my mind.

The thing is everyone in the pen needs some work and it might just get worse for the pen as the season goes on(meaning our starters are going to eat up more innings). In this situation it'd be nice to get Matt or Cliff in there. Oh well, when this is the only thing to complain about, life is good. :)

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Nope.  Jenks has had plenty of work.  Thornton's someone who could have used an inning.  It's fine though...as long as he doesn't get hurt.

He has said he needs regular work to keep building up his arm, so it could be that he wanted to get in in a game like this.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Oh, I don't mind at all. Bobby could have said that he wanted some work today.

If I was Ozzie (which I am not and never will be), I would've saved Bobby in case we need him tomorrow afternoon. Day game after a night game, logic says to keep him fresh.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
He has said he needs regular work to keep building up his arm, so it could be that he wanted to get in in a game like this.

Yep, it's not a big deal at all. Like Rowand said, when we have this to complain about....things are going well.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
wtf was Castro doing?  Weren't there two balls anyway?

Nope, it was a full count.

Damn....Bobby had to do too much freaking work for a game we led by 7, but at any rate....

SOX WIN!!!! INDIANS LOSE AT KANSAS CITY!!!!

We have now won 11 of 12 and are 7-1 on the homestand.

:)