White Sox @ Mariners 4/25

ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
lol..you should quit why you're ahead. His pitching is an adventure for the fielders, hitters, coaching staff and fans. It's all fun and games in a game like today but other than that we might as well just let Uribe finish the game.

If you guys think I really think this logan guy is good then you are all mistaken....He is not good, but as a coach and as a ballclub you need to give your prospects the chance to pitch in the big's. Maybe he shouldnt be here but it was a decision that was made and we saw how it worked out. A good pitching prospect is not something you stumble across on the side of the road. You need to see how they compete in the big's because it is so much different from the minors. So now we saw...and now we let him refine his work lower in the orginization, but at least he got some work done up here and he can see what he needs to work on. But in my opinion I don't think he is good, but I think he can improve immensly, and I don't think Ozzie is going to move him down just yet.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
The funny thing is that Logan gets a save for tonight.

I agree..

I forgot we got the 2 runs after he began pitching. Therefore it was 3 inning save because he came in up by 8, kinda. My bad.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 04:54 AM)
Is Matt Thorton dead or something.  He hasnt been in a game in forever.  We dont pitch him in close games, we dont pitch him in blowouts.  Has he been sitting to close to Ross.

He's been having back issues.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
How does he get a save?  Makes no sense.

If you throw 3+ innings of relief with a lead to end a game, you get a save.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
I'm pretty sure if you pitch the last 3 innings of a win, you get a save.

It has to do with the ability of the tieing run to come to the plate while you are pitching in a lead.

I.E. in the 9th, if you are up by 3, the third batter is theoretically the tieing run, so you get a save.

If you come in in the 9th, with the bases loaded and no outs, and you didn't load the bases, you can be up 6 and still get the save.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
If you guys think I really think this logan guy is good then you are all mistaken....He is not good, but as a coach and as a ballclub you need to give your prospects the chance to pitch in the big's.  Maybe he shouldnt be here but it was a decision that was made and we saw how it worked out.  A good pitching prospect is not something you stumble across on the side of the road.  You need to see how they compete in the big's because it is so much different from the minors.  So now we saw...and now we let him refine his work lower in the orginization, but at least he got some work done up here and he can see what he needs to work on.  But in my opinion I don't think he is good, but I think he can improve immensly, and I don't think Ozzie is going to move him down just yet.

Lets look at the positives.

Hitters could pull a muscle overswinging at the meatball that Logan puts over the plate, when he throws something over the plate.

A large amount of injuries could happen as after Logan is announced the entire opposing team starts a fight at the batrack.

Our defense has amazing web gems to catch rocket after rocket off the bat of Logan opponents.

Current Rule

A relief pitcher is awarded a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:

* He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club;

* He is not the winning pitcher; and

* He qualifies under one of the following conditions:

o He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or

o He enters the game with the potential tying run either on base, at bat, or on deck; or

o He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

Under the last condition, the official scorer has some discretion as to whether or not to award a save to a pitcher. This is rule 10.20 (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_scorer_10.jsp) of the Major League Rules.