Am I crazy?

aboz56

I made a comment to a NL fan recently which didn't sit well, but its something I think may just be valid.

My comment was that the NL doesn't have a team I believe can win the World Series.

I feel that the top 6 teams in baseball when its all said and one are all in the AL: The White Sox, Indians, Red Sox, Yankees, Athletics and Angels.

I said maybe the Cardinals or Mets should be in that group, but I doubt it.

Am I crazy or not?

Not at all. I'm with you. Look at the NL West, its garbage. If the Mets are the best in the East, that is sad. Cardinals are the best in the NL and they have problems with their bullpen and some starters.

I'd say White Sox, Clevelan, Anahiem, Oakland, NY, and Boston are the best 6 in the MLB.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Yes, the Mets are damn good, definately better than the Angels IMO.

Angels were the team I think were a stretch possibly in my group, but I still like their pitching with Escobar, Lackey, Santana and a healthy Colon. Who knows if a healthy Colon will ever happen. Plus they usually never beat themselves and they still have Shields and K-Rod.

The only problem with that is Colon is not healthy and I really don't think he will be at all this season, Escobar has been pretty bad and Santana is streaky.

Pedro is god like thus far, Glavine right below him the rest of the rotation has been pretty solid and their bullpen has been the best in the NL.

Their lineup is f***ing stacked and that's with a badly struggling David Wright.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
How can Cincinatti not be considered a legitimate contender?

Let's see.

Staff Ace: Arroyo

Closer: David Weathers

If that holds up over the entire year, I'll be shocked.

I wouldn't call you crazy but I don't entirely agree here. For sure they have many more bad teams than we do. The NL has the entire NL West, Pittsburgh, and Florida. I wouldn't brag about Washington, Philadelphia, or Chicago either. Cincinatti is surprising while Milwaukee is where I expected them to be. The top 4 teams in the NL are St. Louis, Houston, New York, and Atlanta as far as I'm concered. Atlanta for some reason can never win in the post season anymore so they're gone. New York is going great right now but who knows if they can keep it up all season. Houston depends on Roger Clemens in my opinion. So that leaves St. Louis to be the top team in my eyes. I would say that St. Louis and New York are better than Los Angeles and Oakland in the AL. But I think Chicago, Cleveland, New York, and Boston are all better than the NL.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 2, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
I made a comment to a NL fan recently which didn't sit well, but its something I think may just be valid.

My comment was that the NL doesn't have a team I believe can win the World Series.

I feel that the top 6 teams in baseball when its all said and one are all in the AL: The White Sox, Indians, Red Sox, Yankees, Athletics and Angels. 

I said maybe the Cardinals or Mets should be in that group, but I doubt it.

Am I crazy or not?

Angels are mediocre and won't even make the playoffs. Indians don't have the pitching. Red Sox and White Sox are both heavy favorites in the AL and until the Yanks find some pitching they will remain the 4th team. The A's could make a run at it.

In the NL I think the Mets and Cards are the only two teams that can compete.

The Mets are a good team, better than Anaheim IMO. I don't think they are much worse than the Yankees. By the way, we have problems with our bullpen too. We're just lucky that we can hit this year. Don't underestimate the NL.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Not at all. I'm with you. Look at the NL West, its garbage. If the Mets are the best in the East, that is sad. Cardinals are the best in the NL and they have problems with their bullpen and some starters.

I'd say White Sox, Clevelan, Anahiem, Oakland, NY, and Boston are the best 6 in the MLB.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
If Houston gets back Clemens, they go right back to being a top team, very close to us.

Yeah with the way they have hit so far, they'll get Backe get as well, and if they can get Clemens, they could shop a SP for a big upgrade somewhere in their lineup like at SS (I still wouldn't rule out Miggy Tejada here).

The Stros do worry me probably the most of the NL teams just because of their SP.

My friend (initials B.K.) predicted that Clemens would return this season but for the Boston Red Sox. He then went on to predict that the Red Sox would be 2006 World Champions. It's been his preseason prediction from the start.

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
My friend (initials B.K.) predicted that Clemens would return this season but for the Boston Red Sox. He then went on to predict that the Red Sox would be 2006 World Champions. It's been his preseason prediction from the start.

Is your friend Beter Kammons?