Official Cheer Frank Thomas Tomorrow Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
Personally speaking...instead of cheering for Frank, I'd just cheer for every Sox player that actually helped us get to the World Series.

I wouldn't boo Frank, but I wouldn't give him an ovation either.

That I disagree with, he won us several key games that we ended up really needing with that home run binge he was on for about a month or so. I just wouldn't boo or cheer him since you can't boo the best player in team history, but I can't cheer him either because of the way he went out.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
sox fans, please give him the standing ovation he deserves tomorrow :gosox3:

I am going to the Game tonight! I will definitely give him a standing Ovation! Especially after everything he has done for the White Sox organization! :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: Frank Thomas was my favorite player while growing up watching the White Sox! :D

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
If I was going Id give Frank a standing O.

I am sure that you would give Frank a standing Ovation! Especially reading all your other replies on this thread and how loyal you are to Frank! I wish that you would be going to the game and taking the place of a fan who is not willing to give Frank the ovation he deserves.

QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
I am sure that you would give Frank a standing Ovation! Especially reading all your other replies on this thread and how loyal you are to Frank! I wish that you would be going to the game and taking the place of a fan who is not willing to give Frank the ovation he deserves.

Get the people around you on their feet as well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Yup, but everyone seems to forget about that. Anyone who boos him isnt a sox fan in my eyes.

I won't say isn't a Sox fan, because I don't think you can really judge how much of a fan someone else is, but I'll be embarassed for them.

Also, for those of you who are going, if you see anyone booing, "discourage" them from doing so :P (maybe this shouldn't be in green, I don't know)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
That I disagree with, he won us several key games that we ended up really needing with that home run binge he was on for about a month or so. I just wouldn't boo or cheer him since you can't boo the best player in team history, but I can't cheer him either because of the way he went out.

We went 24-12 in the games he played in 2005, and we increased our lead from 3.5 to 12 games in that time. That increased division lead obviously gave the Sox plenty cushion to hold off a small spiral and an insane surge of Cleveland.

Look at the White Sox pre-Frank Thomas and look at them during Frank Thomas. I believe he played as big a role as any in getting this organization moving in the direction it did. He was one of the best players in the game for about 10 years and deserves a nice hand. His ideas and thoughts are none of my business I paid to enjoy his ability to play baseball. I did not pay to hear his thoughts on anything.

Look at the White Sox with Frank Thoams on that team. How often did they finish below second place. I also believe they had the 4th best record in baseball while he was on the White Sox.

Standig 'O'

Also Thome was offered a big contract and turned it down for Philly who offered a bigger contract, Thomas was released. FWIW.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Look at the White Sox pre-Frank Thomas and look at them during Frank Thomas. I believe he played as big a role as any in getting this organization moving in the direction it did. He was one of the best players in the game for about 10 years and deserves a nice hand. His ideas and thoughts are none of my business I paid to enjoy his ability to play baseball. I did not pay to hear his thoughts on anything.

Look at the White Sox with Frank Thoams on that team. How often did they finish below second place. I also believe they had the 4th best record in baseball while he was on the White Sox.

Standig 'O'

Also Thome was offered a big contract and turned it down for Philly who offered a bigger contract, Thomas was released. FWIW.

The contract Cleveland offered was a joke. It was way less money, and less years because they had no intention of resigning him. The situation mirrored the Sox with Robin Ventura very well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
The contract Cleveland offered was a joke. It was way less money, and less years because they had no intention of resigning him. The situation mirrored the Sox with Robin Ventura very well.

In fact did the GM admit that they wanted to go in another direction?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)

The Sox didn't even make Robin a formal offer.

I'm surprised Doug Eddings didn't get a better ovation than Frank initially :P

Frank's homecoming was just a piece of a very unusual game...

Doug Edding returns...with a crazy strike zone, Ozzie is thrown out in the second inning, the park becomes a zoo with squirrels and gulls, Pablo wins the game with a "walk off bunt," Frank returns and hits 2 HR, only he's on the opposing team, and oh yeah, we win the opener against OAKLAND.

Wow, what a f***ing wierd game...

Edited by TheBigHurt