2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
Funny how the Crede banner is used for a full game and the Sox just happen to win.

I think the soundclip of Hawk saying "JOOOE CREDE!" should be available for listening on the main page, much like Hawks "Soxtalk, Yes!" call last year. That way I can hear it whenever i want. :)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
I think the soundclip of Hawk saying "JOOOE CREDE!" should be available for listening on the main page, much like Hawks "Soxtalk, Yes!" call last year. That way I can hear it whenever i want. :)

I've had this bookmarked since it happened.

http://joecrede.ytmnd.com/

I'm not happy that Pujols is hurt, but it's time (well Tuesday) for Thome to take over the MLB home run board.

I was going to put $50 on it back in Feburary, but didn't really have the funds to waste, and by the time I was ready to put more on it, his odds dropped big time. I just threw $5 on it.

Oh yeah, his odds are 40-1

Not sure if this has been posted :

Jun 4 Scott Merkin, of WhiteSox.MLB.com, reports Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen threw batting practice Saturday, June 3, to OF Brian N. Anderson, SS Alex Cintron, OF Scott Podsednik, SS Juan Uribe, 2B Tadahito Iguchi and OF Pablo Ozuna, with the goal being to stress bunting and hitting in order to advance baserunners. "I believe those six guys I brought to the field today, if they don't do the little things, we're not going to win," Guillen said. "I don't care if Thome hits 40 home runs and Dye hits 30 and Konerko hits 40. Those guys I bring to the field, if they don't do what they're supposed to do, it's going to be hard for us to win."

Between the game and the kids that couldn't sit still for more than a half inning at a time, I thought I was going to go balistic there for a short while. Other than that, had a nice time at the old ball park ;).

Seriously, we need pitching help and no I do not know where to start the search.

I know how you feel. I did that for hte first time at a college football game this year as ISU lost to Baylor.

Joe Crede for the IPB Default Skin.

Crappy Heads Photoshop of BA in the HeadsCustom skin.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
Awesome. I am glad to see Ozzie taking the Bull by the horns, and it really showed with the excellent bunt that Tads laid down on Sunday.

Now lets see Coop and Walker do some magic.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
Now lets see Coop and Walker do some magic.

Outside of Brian Anderson and Juan Uribe (who hasn't listened much at all, just reading the quotes this year, and years past) the hitters are doing fine. I can even excuse Anderson as a rookie who is still working along the learning curve. The pitching on the other hand has been just disappointing. I almost wonder if the lack of offense seemed to force the pitching to be extra fine last year, and with the team scoring like it has this year, if that edge that the pitching had is gone, at least for now?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
Outside of Brian Anderson and Juan Uribe (who hasn't listened much at all, just reading the quotes this year, and years past) the hitters are doing fine.

Not sure I agree. Feels like 2004 all over again. Hitters look amazing one day and the next day they seem to all pull the ball or hack at the 1st pitch. Would like to see some more patience out there, have some of the guys slap the ball to the opposite field, shorten up with 2 strikes, etc.

All these 6 and 7 pitch innings are getting on my nerves. We see them way more than we should.

Edited by BigSqwert

David Ortiz greeted Detroit's Jamie Walker with a solo shot in the fifth inning. It was the third time this season that Ortiz homered immediately following an opponent's pitching change; he previously victimized Scott Sauerbeck and Mike Myers in that fashion. Ortiz's third such homer tied him with Joe Crede, J.D. Drew and Craig Wilson for the most in the majors this year.

From ESPN.com

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
So, it seems that no matter what banner is up we are losing at the moment. Would anyone like me to reinstate the game banners yet?

I like them. We are losing because the team is playing like s***.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
So, it seems that no matter what banner is up we are losing at the moment. Would anyone like me to reinstate the game banners yet?

we are 1-1 with the original crede Banner. Thats not bad considering we have lost 5 of 6. I would stick with the original crede baner for a week. or it may be time to dig out thye old rally crede banner and avatars (depending how we do vs detroit)

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
we are 1-1 with the original crede Banner. Thats not bad considering we have lost 5 of 6. I would stick with the original crede baner for a week. or it may be time to dig out thye old rally crede banner and avatars (depending how we do vs detroit)

While we're at it I'll look up a witch doctor in the phonebook.

*shakes head*