X-Men: The Last Stand

WilliamTell

Has anyone else seen this movie? I went to a midnight show since I didn't have to work today and because I'm an X-Men fanatic. I won't ruin the movie for anyone by saying what happens and stuff but I guess honestly I was a little dissapointed probably because of my very high expectations and waiting for 3 years for this movie. I thought it was a very good movie still, but they cramped a lot of stuff in a movie that was only 1 hour and 45 minutes long when they could've easily made it at least 30 minutes longer. The biggest part I didn't like was that Rogue continues to get a smaller and smaller part in these movies. Anyways I'd like to hear others comments about it if you've seen it or even haven't seen it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
I'm seeing it at 10:45 tonight. And I hear there's a scene they show after all the credits have ended. So be on the lookout for that.

movie looks awesome... :headbang

i'm gonna try and go see these tonight, too. thanks for the headsup... :cheers

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
I'm seeing it at 10:45 tonight. And I hear there's a scene they show after all the credits have ended. So be on the lookout for that.

Yes there is. I stayed for that and it is pretty interesting. I was on an X-Men forum and some people said they had a different ending than the one that a bunch of others and I saw. So if you remember, tell me which one you saw, haha. I also heard that they had a hard time deciding how the end of the movie was going to happen and made like 5 or so different ways to end the movie, hopefully the 4 extra alternate endings will come out on the DVD.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
I'm still not happy that there's no Gambit in this movie. I haven't see it yet, though. One thing I'm glad about is that they have Beast in it.

I dont know how I feel about a lack of Gambit. Gambit turns things pink and they fizzle and pop, right? (i kid I kid, I know he charges items and they explode)

Rogue is basically phased out right now anyways, Wolverine and Jean Grey have become the focus of the series. Whats the point of bringing Gambit in to start a side story that probably wont be finished.

Next time they pick an actress to play Rogue, it better be a sassy southern HOT chick. Because Paquin just aint cutting it

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
I dont know how I feel about a lack of Gambit. Gambit turns things pink and they fizzle and pop, right? (i kid I kid, I know he charges items and they explode)

Rogue is basically phased out right now anyways, Wolverine and Jean Grey have become the focus of the series. Whats the point of bringing Gambit in to start a side story that probably wont be finished.

Next time they pick an actress to play Rogue, it better be a sassy southern HOT chick. Because Paquin just aint cutting it

Gambit was the guy with the cards. He was very cool.

Gambit2.gif

And I personally find Paquin very attractive, but she doesn't have the sas that Rogue did have. I don't know if that's the writers fault or Paquin's.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 26, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Gambit was the guy with the cards. He was very cool.

Gambit2.gif

And I personally find Paquin very attractive, but she doesn't have the sas that Rogue did have. I don't know if that's the writers fault or Paquin's.

I know who Gambit was, and what his weapon of choice is. But he can charge anything and use it as a weapon, he just chooses playing cards. And the charge is usually drawn/colored in pink, for whatever wierd reason.

And Paquin is cute, but she is no Rogue. Not even close.

just to preface, i've never read the comics but was a big fan of the cartoon...

she is still a kid (teen) in the movies so i imagine a lot of that sas would develop more into her adulthood...

Edited by Goldmember

I saw it last night at the midnight.... its horrible.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS *******************************************

the action is OK, thats the only thing that i would consider positive about this movie

The story is an absolute abomination... i watched the cartoons when i was younger on FOX.... and they completely created their own story which i always consider a big no-no, you can tweak an already made story within the Universe of the comic... but you cant just KILL PEOPLE in the MOVIE THAT DONT DIE!

There are parts in the movie that you will just scratch your head at... i spent the majority of the second half just cracking jokes about A) the enormous nerd behind me B.) how bad it was. The new characters are completely useless... you dont get to know the kids at all but were supposed to feel for them. (Angel is a complete waste) And the old characters that we had grown to love.... ARE f***ING KILLED! How do you KILL CYCLOPS in such an absolutely nonchalant way.... PROFESSOR X DEAD? ugh.... lame

If this was just any run of the mill movie i wouldnt care, i would have written it off as a bad action movie and moved on.... but Brett Ratner completely RUINED X-MEN.... perhaps 2nd behind spider-man in the world of comic book heroes.... I think it was a combination of Ratner being a horrible director, Halle Berry throwing her weight around for a bigger part and them ruining the already horrible script in order to get her to stay on....

END SPOILERS ***************************

Im not even a big comic book guy, i think i bought 1 in my life... but i did watch the cartoons when i was younger and this movie was just down right awful.

2/10

I really line Anna Paquin as Rogue and I tend to blame the writers for her not being able to have any action in these movies. I heard there was an interview where she basically said she was upset that her role is getting smaller and smaller and she continues to not get to be apart of the battle scenes.

I just saw it. And I thought it was awesome. I may like this one more than the first, and definitely more than the 2nd.

And that's f***in' priceless that they got that Juggernaut line into the movie!! If you don't know what I'm talking about: WATCH THIS, regardless if you plan to see the movie or not.

And WilliamTell, ****SPOILER alert*****

the scene I saw after the credits was Professor X reincarnated into the body of another in a hospital. Obviously saying that he's not dead.

The scenes with Juggs were the best because they brought me back to our dearly departed poster. Other than that, the movie was your basic action flick full of one-liners and continuity problems. I'm glad I'm not a diehard X-Men fan, or this would be a three page rant of outrage over all the canonical violations.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:32 AM)
And that's f***in' priceless that they got that Juggernaut line into the movie!!

That line was absolutely hilarious! The entire theater erupted in laughter...

Anyway, I thought the movie was badass. Although, I don't know anything about the comic, so I don't know what the director made up and what really happened in the comic. Basically, everyone that knows the comic is disappointed, and anyone that knows very little about the comic loves it. Therefore, I fall into the latter.

It's kinda like a novel that's made into a movie. You just don't have enough time to develop story lines, etc. when you only have 2 hours or so to work with. That's why anyone that has read the novel will think the movie sucks ass, and anyone that hasn't read the novel will normally think it's a pretty good movie.

I'm with Greasy, I liked it a lot. I still think 2 is my fave but this one was real good imo, loved the ending.

SPOILERS, sort of:

There are definitely some loose ends that this movie doesn't tie so I'm interested to see if there will be another. The way the movie ends and the bonus scene makes it seem like there has to be another one but this has been talked about as the last one.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:43 AM)
That line was absolutely hilarious! The entire theater erupted in laughter...

Anyway, I thought the movie was badass. Although, I don't know anything about the comic, so I don't know what the director made up and what really happened in the comic. Basically, everyone that knows the comic is disappointed, and anyone that knows very little about the comic loves it. Therefore, I fall into the latter.

It's kinda like a novel that's made into a movie. You just don't have enough time to develop story lines, etc. when you only have 2 hours or so to work with. That's why anyone that has read the novel will think the movie sucks ass, and anyone that hasn't read the novel will normally think it's a pretty good movie.

Haha a couple people in my theater screamed out "Charles!" :lolhitting

I saw it during the game today (Man, I'm glad I went, not only was it a s***ty game, but it wasn't on TV at all here. Stupid f***ing FOX.) Anywho...it was a decent flick, but as one of my earlier posters said...yeah they were waaaay to casual and careless about which people they disposed of.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
MORE SPOILERS:

Supposedly, Cyclops got killed off real early because the actor is making another movie and he wasn't able to film that much for this one.

Man, you just gotta love how much the movie business is willing to sacrifice to make a good plot.