Sox @ Rangers, June 14

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
That was just embarassing. How can you go out like that? At least go down swinging. :headshake

Exactly, knowing that warnings have been issued and therefore a pitcher is less likely to go inside, you have to be looking away. Even though those pitches to Crede were a little bit off the plate, this team needs to drop the victim mentality tonight and make their own luck. This is a frustrating game sometimes.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
How about voting for the ASG since were not gonna win this one.

Yup, nothing in the past week has shown us we can post 5 runs in the final couple innings of the game.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Wow, Hawk is pissed. He's going to be going on about this for weeks.

And sadly, he is rightfully doing it. Padilla has just totally made us his b****.

-He should have been thrown out after the 2nd beaning, he wasn't.

-Ozzie should have stood up for AJ, and screamed his head off at an ump, he didn't.

-Javy should have thrown at someone, he didn't.

This better not turn into Minnesota and Tori Hunter 2k3.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
That was just embarassing. How can you go out like that? At least go down swinging. :headshake

Agree, agree, agree.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
This better not turn into Minnesota and Tori Hunter 2k3.

I was actually just going to post the same thing, exactly the game I thought of.

Vazquez had his chance to establish the inside corner in, and before, that big inning and he didn't do it. Further, in the big inning I sat here and watched Pierzynski set up outside on 12 of 14 pitches. I question not only Vazquez's execution but the pitch calling sequence as well.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
It's amazing how many times the last few seasons the sox have got warned for doing absoutely jack s***. We're always the ones getting hit and can never do anything about it.

This is why the system of administering warnings need to be changed. It shouldn't be based upon a rule, but an umpire looking at the entire situation. Is there history between a pitcher and a hitter? Did the HBP appear intentional?

It gives a team free reign to hit a certain player, than when an umpire gives warnings, no retaliation can be given.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
This is incredibly demoralizing to the White Sox. I honestly would not be surprised if this was the start of a losing streak right here.

jesus christ, just stop already

this is one game...let's not blow this out of proportion

we were not going to sweep a 4 game set at arlington, big surprise

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
This is why the system of administering warnings need to be changed. It shouldn't be based upon a rule, but an umpire looking at the entire situation. Is there history between a pitcher and a hitter? Did the HBP appear intentional?

It gives a team free reign to hit a certain player, than when an umpire gives warnings, no retaliation can be given.

Ya I agree, we still need to do something though, suspension or not. This team is dead right now and needs something to get the energy back up for future games.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Hawk's not making sense now. He is saying the warning has hurt Vazquez making him pitch away, away, away. The warning was issued in the 4th inning. Vazquez hasn't allowed a run since the warning.

I was thinking the same thing.

I would not be surprised one bit if warnings were issued before tomorrow's game. The umpires know the contentious history between these two managers.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
jesus christ, just stop already

this is one game...let's not blow this out of proportion

we were not going to sweep a 4 game set at arlington, big surprise

Or you could stop blowing sunshine out of your ass, either one. How did you feel after Hunter took out Burk? Did you think the Sox were demoralized? This is the same damn situation, this game is incredibly mental and a rough mental patch like this can kill a team's spirit.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)
Or you could stop blowing sunshine out of your ass, either one. How did you feel after Hunter took out Burk? Did you think the Sox were demoralized? This is the same damn situation, this game is incredibly mental and a rough mental patch like this can kill a team's spirit.

This is NOTHING like that situation. The Rangers aren't our main rival. If we go on a losing streak, it will be because we have too many hitters slumping at the same time, and pitchers that can't handle the Reds thunder.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)

I dont think a hit batter can crush a teams spirit, it actually made them more pissed off. Padilla is just getting 3 inches on each corner and is hitting the spot with ease. Theres really nothing we can do about that right now.