Awesome Trade Idea

Heads22

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Hey, Mark, what do you think of this idea that would kill two birds with one stone: The White Sox send Juan Uribe and Jose Contreras to San Francisco for Omar Vizquel and a middle reliever like Steve Kline or Jeremy Accardo. Omar is a defensive stud who is still hitting over .300 at age 39. The time to move Contreras is now while he's hot. This also opens up a spot for Brandon McCarthy and helps the bullpen at the same time. Thanks for the great column! --Dan Jukic, Durham, N.C.

lols.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Couldn't agree more with Dan.

I'm with you, I know some of you will laugh at this trade but that's because you're all dumbass meatheads. Think about it, remember the days when Contreras was on the Yankees? He sucked, I mean he was real bad, that Contreras will soon be back no matter what he's doing now. Why not move him now and get something for him before he reverts back to his sucky ways?

Steve Kline is a stud, plain and simple, this one time when he was on the Cardinals I saw him strike out 2 batters in 1 innning, how pitchers have you seen do that? With Steve Kline comming out of the pen with his fire and crazy awesome heat (98 MPH fastball) the Sox would be totally unstoppable.

Uribe blows ass, plain and simple. I havn't seen him get a single hit all year and the guy strikes out more than Adam Dunn but you never hear about it because the Chicago Media is always putting a positive spin on the Sox and ignoring the fact that Uribe is probably the worst SS in baseball right now. Also, have you seen this guy play defense? He's crazy out there, way too erratic for my taste.

Omar Vizquel is easily the best defensive SS in baseball and has a ridiculously high OBP something this team needs desperately. Vizquel's sick combination of contact hitting, power, speed and OBP would put this team over the top while soidifying the defense.

A lot of you unintelligent people will probably think this is a bad idea because of your ridiculously pathetic and misguided love for that 60 year old Cuban guy and Juan "teh suck" Uribe but take it from someone who is much much smarter than you are, this trade would gaurantee a return to the World Series and I think we all know there ain't a damn team in the NL who can hang with us.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
I'm with you, I know some of you will laugh at this trade but that's because you're all dumbass meatheads. Think about it, remember the days when Contreras was on the Yankees? He sucked, I mean he was real bad, that Contreras will soon be back no matter what he's doing now. Why not move him now and get something for him before he reverts back to his sucky ways?

Steve Kline is a stud, plain and simple, this one time when he was on the Cardinals I saw him strike out 2 batters in 1 innning, how pitchers have you seen do that? With Steve Kline comming out of the pen with his fire and crazy awesome heat (98 MPH fastball) the Sox would be totally unstoppable.

Uribe blows ass, plain and simple. I havn't seen him get a single hit all year and the guy strikes out more than Adam Dunn but you never hear about it because the Chicago Media is always putting a positive spin on the Sox and ignoring the fact that Uribe is probably the worst SS in baseball right now. Also, have you seen this guy play defense? He's crazy out there, way too erratic for my taste.

Omar Vizquel is easily the best defensive SS in baseball and has a ridiculously high OBP something this team needs desperately. Vizquel's sick combination of contact hitting, power, speed and OBP would put this team over the top while soidifying the defense.

A lot of you unintelligent people will probably think this is a bad idea because of your ridiculously pathetic and misguided love for that 60 year old Cuban guy and Juan "teh suck" Uribe but take it from someone who is much much smarter than you are, this trade would gaurantee a return to the World Series and I think we all know there ain't a damn team in the NL who can hang with us.

Post of the year. You nailed it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
You sir, are a damn fool. I ask that you refrain from using me as the subject of your pathetic attempts at humor.

Had we just kept the guy in your avatar, the SS issues woulda never surfaced really. A true 5 tool player who was destined for greatness, that we foolishly gave up prematurely.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Had we just kept the guy in your avatar, the SS issues woulda never surfaced really. A true 5 tool player who was destined for greatness, that we foolishly gave up prematurely.

Preachin' to the motha fracking choir here. The kid knew how to get the damn job done, it's a shame the way baseball treats minorities these days. He had a crazy bright future in this league.

From the same article...

"With the Marlins in the budget basement is there any chance they would move Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera? And if so, could the Sox get a deal done trading McCarthy, Fields plus and Anderson or Owens for Cabrera or going after Willis by trading Garland or Garcia to another team for good prospects and trading these and an Anderson or Owens for Willis? --JD, Chicago

I think Cabrera has the better chance of being dealt, but it's hard to get a read on the Marlins, who held onto A.J. Burnett last summer. McCarthy, Fields and Anderson/Owens is way too much for Cabrera, especially with McCarthy's value."

McCarthy, Fields, and Owens for Cabrera being too much? I would do that in a blink of an eye. Cabrera is some kind of good.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 05:03 AM)
I think Cabrera has the better chance of being dealt, but it's hard to get a read on the Marlins, who held onto A.J. Burnett last summer. McCarthy, Fields and Anderson/Owens is way too much for Cabrera, especially with McCarthy's value."

I like how the writer puts the slash between Anderson and Owens' name, like these two are even close to being equal players...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
In a deal for Miggy, would you rather deal B-Mac if you have to give up more, or deal Joe Crede if you could give up less?

Unfortunately, I doubt Florida inquires about Crede considering his arbitration status expires one year sooner than Cabreras. It's obvious he'd depart as quickly as possible. McCarthy and Fields are two players which Florida would rather accept. Probably would have to throw in another prospect, perhaps Lumsden. Not a fan of any scenario in which McCarthy/Fields/Lumsden are packaged together; even for Cabrera. These types of deals have a way of backfiring.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Unfortunately, I doubt Florida inquires about Crede considering his arbitration status expires one year sooner than Cabreras. It's obvious he'd depart as quickly as possible. McCarthy and Fields are two players which Florida would rather accept. Probably would have to throw in another prospect, perhaps Lumsden. Not a fan of any scenario in which McCarthy/Fields/Lumsden are packaged together; even for Cabrera. These types of deals have a way of backfiring.

It would depend on where Florida are in terms of a stadium or relocation.

Still if they were able to get say Crede, Sweeney and Liotta for Miggy, it would be an interesting offer for Larry Beinfest to consider.

I really like the way Florida's building their team at the moment. Great middle infield combo in Ramirez and Uggla. And they've got Josh Johnson and Scott Olson providing good stuff as starters.

I think it would be great to get Miggy

*Thread Hijack*

but im going to be honest Florida is stacked with pictching prospects and GOOD ones at that, they already have their starting rotation of the future with or with out Willis and their bullpen is stacked!!!!

SP

L Dontrelle Willis 24

R Josh Johnson 22

R Rickey Nolasco 23

L Scott Olsen 22

+ Sergio Mitre/Harvey Garcia/Anibal Sanchez/Yusmeiro Petit

BP

R Logan Kensing 23

R Randy Messenger 24

L Jason Vargas 22(hes in AAA right now, and i doubt they give him another chance at starting)

R Chris Resop 23 (also at AAA)

R Carlos Martinez 24

L Taylor Tankersly - Closer 23

They also have Travis Bowyer who is very Jenks-esk in a good way.

They have an amazing core of guys. I realize you can never have to much pitching but in the case of the Marlins i think they do. They're looking for blue chip posistion prospects at C and CF.

Some Marlins fans feel if Joe Borowski continues to pitch well, someone is going to want him. Some fans think its going to be the reds. They think that they will want both Joe Borowski and Brian Moehler and possibly Sergio Mitre and in exchange the marlins would get Chris Denorfia giving them their CF of the future.

infact the Marlins might already have their C of the future in Miguel Olivo, hes only 27 and hes got a cannon for an arm and he is currently batting .273, all though he is a career .235 batter.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
I think Fields and B-Mac probably would be musts. Than maybe we can give a guy like Broadway or Liotta... I think or I hope we would be able to hold on to Lumdsen and Sweeney since they seem overloaded on OF's anyways I think.

They've got Josh Willingham and Jeremy Hermida, who should be their corner OF's for the next 5-10 seasons. They could do with a CF who has more talent than the likes of Ross, Abercrombie or Borchard.

Actually looking at it now, Josh Fields would REALLY interest them big time if they were to move Miggy. He's the type of player they can control for 6 seasons at a pretty good price, and they wouldn't really have anyone to replace Miggy besides Wes Helms at the moment.

Of course it's all speculation but it's fun to talk about nonetheless. :D