Ozzie has some words for Mariotti

Kyyle23

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I'd like to point out that when somebody calls me a "***" or a "pollack" or something it doesn't bother me.....if we're friends. That's why last year when Ozzie called his friend in the dugout in NY a "homosexual child molestor", I had no beef with it. Those 2 are friends and I"m sure they were just kidding around. However I can say for sure that Mariotti and Ozzie aren't friends...

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
please give us a summary if you can

Basically, it's wrong to do what Ozzie did. I dont go into the clubhouse because of a long standing fued with former players. I have no interst in going in here. I am a coolumnist and not a beat writer. I can say what I want. He also said the way Ozzie acted is symptomatic of the whole organization. They have a beef with me and don't like me.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
WTF? I missed this, and in this morning's Southtown, Phil Arvia is all over Ozzie -- from what I can gather, for Ozzie's political incorrectness in his tirade at the gasbag Jay:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/co...ia/x21-ard1.htm

The dailysouthtown is owned by the same company as the Sun Times. They are basically the same company. Of course they would stick up for Kotex boy. He is one of their own.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Basically, it's wrong to do what Ozzie did. I dont go into the clubhouse because of a long standing fued with former players. I have no interst in going in here. I am a coolumnist and not a beat writer. I can say what I want.

He's not allowed in the Cell because he is BANNED from it. If it were a feud with former players why the hell wouldn't be be allowed back. Moron.

BTW, for those that don't know, it was Bo Jackson that nearly ripped his hand off for eating something from the players food table and started the "feud".

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Basically, it's wrong to do what Ozzie did. I dont go into the clubhouse because of a long standing fued with former players. I have no interst in going in here. I am a coolumnist and not a beat writer. I can say what I want. He also said the way Ozzie acted is symptomatic of the whole organization. They have a beef with me and don't like me.

That's the problem with this whole thing. Marriotti gets to play the victim when he's been angling for this for years.

It's already been said, but I'm just backing up the opinion that *** and gay don't even mean the same thing anymore. Gay means you're just being dumb, being dorky, whatever. *** just refers to a guy acting feminine.

Maybe I should just become a PC asshole and complain everytime I see a leprechaun or an Irish man drinking and/or fighting on TV.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
He's not allowed in the Cell because he is BANNED from it. If it were a feud with former players why the hell wouldn't be be allowed back. Moron.

I thought that he had only lost his parking spot. I'm assuming that the ban came after the near-fisticuffs between him and Hawk in the press box a year or two ago?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
"It's not fair to me when their broadcaster sits in the booth and rips on me."

You have been ripping on them for YEARS! They can just stay there and not retaliate after YEARS of abuse.

And it's fair for you to rip EVERYBODY on ESPN and in your column that's featured in a major newspaper? f*** you, Jay. :finger

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
"It's not fair to me when their broadcaster sits in the booth and rips on me."

You have been ripping on them for YEARS! They can just stay there and not retaliate after YEARS of abuse.

True. Its not fair of Marriotti to write the lies he's written about the White Sox organization for years. Does anyone remember one of the Tribune's blogs last October which summarized Marriotti's negative White Sox columns? It was hysterical and showed what a worthless writer and observer he his.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
I thought that he had only lost his parking spot. I'm assuming that the ban came after the near-fisticuffs between him and Hawk in the press box a year or two ago?

He lost his parking spot what.. 7, 8 years ago? It's been a while. I know he's been banned since at least the 2002 season only being back once as a guest of a box owner - followed by a rumor that that box was then "closed" for 10 home games due to a "water leak".

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
True. Its not fair of Marriotti to write the lies he's written about the White Sox organization for years. Does anyone remember one of the Tribune's blogs last October which summarized Marriotti's negative White Sox columns? It was hysterical and showed what a worthless writer and observer he his.

THis is basically his attitude: "They dont like me, so I am going to take them down with my pen" yea, and he calls OZZIE immature.

Mariotti is on the score right now

He is basically talking as if this is an all out war between him and the sox organization...

he has ripped everyone in the organization...really pulling no punches

he wants a war? give him one.

Boycott the sun-times until Marriotti is removed as a columnist. This needs to happen. It's long overdue. I would personally go door to door with petitions if this could be organized effectively

I want this clown run out of town by any means necessary.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
The sad thing about this is it's just what Mariotti wants. Now he gets more attention and gets to play this for all it's worth. I wish everyone would just ignore him and he could just disappear for lack of interest.

That show on the Score wont ignore it because they work with him! Great press for the paper!

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
THis is basically his attitude: "They dont like me, so I am going to take them down with my pen" yea, and he calls OZZIE immature.

Ozzie is immature, as is Marriotti. There's a long line of athletes that don't like Marriotti. Every franchise in this town hates him. I really doubt there any athletes or executives of professional teams in this town that even remotely like him.

to me everything mariotti said on the score can be summed up as follows:

I should be able to dish out heat to the white sox, but they shouldnt be able to dish it back to me.

he kept going on and on and on about physical threats that are made to him when that happened what 10 years ago?!?

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
WTF? I missed this, and in this morning's Southtown, Phil Arvia is all over Ozzie -- from what I can gather, for Ozzie's political incorrectness in his tirade at the gasbag Jay:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/co...ia/x21-ard1.htm

Whatever.

Once again, the person doing the beaning -- in this case, Moronotti of Ozzie, repeatedly -- gets a pass, and the Soz when they retaliate get whacked -- in this case, by the news media. What a crock. Go, Ozzie! :cheers :gosox2:

ETA-- and no, that doesn't mean that I or anyone else thinks that Ozzie meant to offend a particular group with his epithet. Arvia and the rest need to get over the PC crap and realize that these are jocks, baseball players, who live in a world that is 90% testosterone and adrenaline and 0% political correctness. And if Ozzie says stuff that comes across as ignornant or uninformed, DON'T QUOTE IT! Even on an internet board, people are capable of using the IGNORE feature!

YES. But what I dont like, is people Realize that OZZ will talk, and will hold nothing back.

Knowing this, certain reporters continue to Instigate things by asking him certain questions knowing its fanning the flames of controversy. Memo to Ozzie: Know when your being baited

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
Ozzie is immature, as is Marriotti. There's a long line of athletes that don't like Marriotti. Every franchise in this town hates him. I really doubt there any athletes or executives of professional teams in this town that even remotely like him.

He seems to me like a person who would rather create news than report on it.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
I should be able to dish out heat to the white sox, but they shouldnt be able to dish it back to me.

If you'll notice the Sox really dont have a problem with any other reporters. Just him. Why? Because he skews news against the sox and spins it against them whole other reporters and columnists teend to be more even and balanced.

I loved in his interview where he talked about hos last fall he heaped praise on KW, Ozzie, and the White Sox. Well, what do you expect? If he even TRIED to put an anti-sox spin on the World Series, he would lose whatever credibility he has left.