Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
Nah, they could always have a hell in a cell match between Rosie and the Donald.

Holy s*** that was horrible

Honestly, I think that was the single worst thing I've ever seen in wrestling.

Worse than the Finger Poke Of Death.

Worse than the Shockmaster.

Worse than the Gobbledygooker.

Worse than the Kane/Katie Vick angle.

Worse than Giant Gonzalez, Great Khali and Bastion Booger combined.

Worse than the Turkey On A Pole Match in the AWA's dying days.

Worse than David Arquette's or Vince Russo's wCw title wins.

Absolutely embarrassing is what that "match" was.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)
oh man, what awful thing did I miss on Raw this week?

A Donald Trump impersonator defeated a Rosie O'Donnell impersonator after a cake to the face.

It wasn't even as funny as that might sound.

The funniest thing was the "WE WANT WRESTLING" chant going on late in their far-too-lengthy "match".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
A Donald Trump impersonator defeated a Rosie O'Donnell impersonator after a cake to the face.

The funniest thing was the "WE WANT WRESTLING" chant going on late in their far-too-lengthy "match".

im glad the only horrible spectacle i watched was the BCS game i guess

The only thing worse is probably the Brisco-Patterson evening gown match at a King of the Ring which involved either a maxi pad or a pair of depends.

The crowd was dead from the start and the segment, and once the match started, they couldn't stop booing. The funniest part was when "Rosie" collapsed on the "Donald" and people thought the match was going to be over. The ref took forever to get the count, and "donald" kicked out at 2. The crowd was SOOOO pissed. They started chanting "TNA."

The best part of that Donald and Rosie segment was seeing Ace Steel in a E ring.

So glad I turned off Raw and watched ROH's Glory By Honor V Night 2 -- a must see for any wrestling fan. The KoW vs Aries and Strong was amazing as was Marufuji vs McGuinness and AmDrag vs KENTA.

I can't wait to get some more cash so I can pick up some more ROH DVD's.

For the ROHbots, what are some high quality shows I should pick up?

I'm looking at Death Before Dishonor 4, Glory by Honor 5 Night 2, Final Battle 2005, Final Battle 2006 (when it comes out) and Joe vs Kobashi. Any duds there or shows I'm missing?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)

Not to mention the multiple skits they ran backstage including Rosie eating a cake, the Donald getting his hair sprayed, Rosie checking out Maria's ass amongst other things.

Well WWE is gonna continue to pimp the ECW name by releasing a 2-disc DVD set on 1/30 entitled ECW:Extreme Rules...one disc will be stuff from the good ol days and the second disc will be stuff from the WWECW era.

Match listing you say? Well here you go.

Disc #1:

Sandman vs. Cactus Jack (Singapore Cane vs. Barbed Wire) Hardcore Heaven '95.

Gangstas vs. Eliminators in a Natural Born Killaz cage weapons match (8/24/96).

Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Lee High Incident scaffold match (10/26/96, with Jonathan Coachman & Dreamer doing new secondary commentary).

Sandman vs. Sabu Stairway to Hell (House Party '98).

The Dudleys Boyz vs. The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer & Spike Dudley in Extreme Street Fight (Heatwave '98).

FTW champion Sabu vs. ECW World champion Tazz: ECW Death match - Living Dangerously '99.

Mike Awesome vs. ECW World champion Masato Tanaka White Plains, NY 12/31/99.

Tables, Ladders, Chairs & Canes: ECW World champion Steve Corino vs. The Sandman vs. Justin Credible (Guilty as Charged '01).

Disc #2:

The Dudley Boyz vs. Tommy Dreamer & Sandman (ECW One Night Stand).

WWE World champion Rey Mysterio vs. Rob Van Dam (WWE vs. ECW special).

WWE World champion Rey Mysterio vs. Sabu (ECW One Night Stand II).

Mick Foley & Edge & Lita vs. Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk & Beulah (ECW One Night Stand II).

ECW World champion RVD vs. Big Show (7/4/06).

ECW World champion Big Show vs. Ric Flair (7/11/06).

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam: Ladder match (8/16/06).

Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. Test & Mike Knox (9/5/06).

Rob Van Dam vs. Hardcore Holly from 9/26/06.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
Well WWE is gonna continue to pimp the ECW name by releasing a 2-disc DVD set on 1/30 entitled ECW:Extreme Rules...one disc will be stuff from the good ol days and the second disc will be stuff from the WWECW era.

Match listing you say? Well here you go.

Disc #1:

Sandman vs. Cactus Jack (Singapore Cane vs. Barbed Wire) Hardcore Heaven '95.

Gangstas vs. Eliminators in a Natural Born Killaz cage weapons match (8/24/96).

Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Lee High Incident scaffold match (10/26/96, with Jonathan Coachman & Dreamer doing new secondary commentary).

Sandman vs. Sabu Stairway to Hell (House Party '98).

The Dudleys Boyz vs. The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer & Spike Dudley in Extreme Street Fight (Heatwave '98).

FTW champion Sabu vs. ECW World champion Tazz: ECW Death match - Living Dangerously '99.

Mike Awesome vs. ECW World champion Masato Tanaka White Plains, NY 12/31/99.

Is this the match the Awesome won before going to WCW? I remember he signed with the WCW days after winning the title and took it with him. Of course, Heyman was having problems paying people back then(well, he paid them, but the checks bounced)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 07:11 AM)
Is this the match the Awesome won before going to WCW? I remember he signed with the WCW days after winning the title and took it with him. Of course, Heyman was having problems paying people back then(well, he paid them, but the checks bounced)

I believe so, i could be wrong tho.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
The best part of that Donald and Rosie segment was seeing Ace Steel in a E ring.

So glad I turned off Raw and watched ROH's Glory By Honor V Night 2 -- a must see for any wrestling fan. The KoW vs Aries and Strong was amazing as was Marufuji vs McGuinness and AmDrag vs KENTA.

I can't wait to get some more cash so I can pick up some more ROH DVD's.

For the ROHbots, what are some high quality shows I should pick up?

I'm looking at Death Before Dishonor 4, Glory by Honor 5 Night 2, Final Battle 2005, Final Battle 2006 (when it comes out) and Joe vs Kobashi. Any duds there or shows I'm missing?

Not to mention the multiple skits they ran backstage including Rosie eating a cake, the Donald getting his hair sprayed, Rosie checking out Maria's ass amongst other things.

Almost all of the Milestone Series is terrific - both Chicago shows were stellar. The best ROH match I've seen has to be Samoa Joe/CM Punk II, incidentally also in Chicago. I hear United is awesome, although I don't have it yet.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
Almost all of the Milestone Series is terrific - both Chicago shows were stellar. The best ROH match I've seen has to be Samoa Joe/CM Punk II, incidentally also in Chicago. I hear United is awesome, although I don't have it yet.

Which show had BJ Whitmer powerbomb Jimmy Jacobs into the audience off the top rope? I'm kind of interested in seeing that one on DVD.

Also, what shows would you rate as a top 5 of all ROH shows?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
Which show had BJ Whitmer powerbomb Jimmy Jacobs into the audience off the top rope? I'm kind of interested in seeing that one on DVD.

Also, what shows would you rate as a top 5 of all ROH shows?

The powerbomb is from 'In Your Face' in June. I don't recall the rest of that show being all that great. Solid for sure, but towards the bottom of the 06 shows. I enjoyed the KENTA/Joe/Dragon main event, but was a little disappointed in it.

Better Than Our Best and SuperCard of Honor in Chicago, Death Before Dishonor 4, Unified and GBHV Night 2 would be my top 5 from this year. Of all time would take a lot of thinking.

agree about Impact. Looking forward to Final Resolution. And for my own sanity, I think I'm going to stop watching WWE unless I hear something amazing happens. With Rosie v Donald and CM Punk's loss to Holly in the same week, I think I'm done with them.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
agree about Impact. Looking forward to Final Resolution. And for my own sanity, I think I'm going to stop watching WWE unless I hear something amazing happens. With Rosie v Donald and CM Punk's loss to Holly in the same week, I think I'm done with them.

Going to the E supershow (SD and WWECW) on Super Bowl Sunday afternoon most likely simply to mark out for Punk and hold up a giant sign with an old roommate "Needs More Colt Cabana!" and "Second City Saints!"

Totally going to mark for Londrick, Finlay, King Booker, Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiister Kennedy (Kennedy!), Punk, RVD, Sabu, Sandman, the other EC Dub originals and a hopeful JBL sighting.

But another question.

5 must have shows for ROH outside of Death Before Dishonor IV, Glory By Honor V Night 2 (and I'm getting myself the Chicago Spectacular Night 1 from December when it is out on DVD simply because I was in attendance and I love Kikutaro). I want five must haves for my ROH collection so I can build from there. I really want to avoid the dud shows which is why I'm questioning.

Are the War of the Wires any good (I or II)?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
Christian Cage is your NWA champion once again!

Kurt Angle goes over Joever-rated to take "the rubber match".

I'm a happy Critic.

Next PPV will be Angle vs. Christian.

Was Iron Man Match any good?

I read what happened all night and TNA is starting to resemble WWE in some aspects with stupid stuff going on. Hiring Vince Russo was a mistake!

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 08:37 AM)
Next PPV will be Angle vs. Christian.

Was Iron Man Match any good?

I read what happened all night and TNA is starting to resemble WWE in some aspects with stupid stuff going on. Hiring Vince Russo was a mistake!

I didn't see it, I was at work.

I read the recap and the Iron Man match seemed like it was really good.

Angle vs. Christian promises to be excellent, even with the horrible Tomko lurking around to add his own particular brand of suck to things.

I agree that anyone hiring Russo to script anything is a mistake, but it does seem that Jim Cornette is providing a counterbalance to Russo's juvenile stupidity. I shudder to think what TNA would be like if no one bucked up to Russo's dopey booking. We've seen it before too many times, and it's always sucked (even when Vince was supposedly filtering and editing Russo's ideas. I have to wonder if Vince was ever actually doing that, given the moronic ideas he's presenting on TV these days).

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
I read the recap and the Iron Man match seemed like it was really good.

Angle vs. Christian promises to be excellent, even with the horrible Tomko lurking around to add his own particular brand of suck to things.

While I didn't see the Iron Man Match, I question the quality because 5 falls in 30 minutes kind of dilutes things. That is a fall every 6 minutes for these wrestling machines.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 09:55 AM)
While I didn't see the Iron Man Match, I question the quality because 5 falls in 30 minutes kind of dilutes things. That is a fall every 6 minutes for these wrestling machines.

I guess part of the way they did it was to have Joe tap twice to the ankle lock pretty quickly, which kind of makes sense in the context of the match. If he taps to the ankle lock, the ankle would logically be weakened. If Angle slaps it on again relatively quickly, the ankle would still be weakened and sore, so a second tap isn't unbelievable.

I'd have to see the match to see if 5 falls in 30 minutes made sense, but in theory it could have.