Sunday Yankees vs Whitesox 7/16/06 Gamethread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
I would in a heartbeat. Freddy has 10 wins this year and a decent WHIP even though his ERA is high. Yes his velocity is down, but Diaz would be an automatic loss every 5 days. The Mets are looking at the prospect of Jose f***ing Lima. You can't tell me Freddy isn't better than that.

Big AB for Dye here, let's tie this game back up.

Finally, I think people are forgetting how bad it was for the Sox when they were trotting out Felix Diaz, Josh Stewart, Danny Wright, Jon Rauch and countless other bums with the automatic loss.

The Cards tend to have a couple guys in the rotation doing that while the Mets need a guy if they want to really solidify there rotation and if anyone can point out someone else thats available thats better than Freddy (and yes career numbers do matter when you make a trade because in general people tend to trend to there average unless they are done and Freddy is not done my friends).

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
Jim Thome is the one guy I'm not gonna fault on the basepaths. He knows he slow as heck, but he f***in sprints everytime.

He didn't exactly go hard into secondbase. I know he's been great, but there is absolutely no reason for that to ever happen.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
That ball was hit straight at the 2b, no? He had to hold up in case it was a line drive.

Yes, but if he would have run hard and slid into second, it wouldn't have been close. He pulled up and went into second standing up.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
I wouldn't count out Schmidt, nor Zito, especially if Harden makes some progress in his recovery. Smoltz could be moved. Then you have to lump Freddy in with the 2nd tier guys, Livan Hernandez, Jon Lieber, Tony Armas. So if all the top tier guys are called untouchable, and all the teams owning the 2nd tier guys demand the very best prospects, then you could perhaps command that price for Freddy. I just don't see that happening.

Livan, Lieber and Armas aren't near as valuable as Freddy. Although the first two when on are total horses, not the greatest pitchers but definately solid. Armas has a ridiculous injury history.

A's aren't about to deal Zito unless they are getting front line stuff in return and there is no way the Giants are moving Schmidt unless they fall out of contention. Plus I Think the Giants are planning on doing what they can to resign Jason.

This game is far from over it's only a matter of time before the Sox bats get ahold of some stuff and turn this into a laugher. The Yanks are not good enough to sweep us. Win today, then sweep detroit and everyone else can kiss our asses. This game is the major turning point of the season.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I think you're being overly optimistic and homeristic, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll agree to disagree.

really? Quote one of my homeristic posts.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I wouldn't count out Schmidt, nor Zito, especially if Harden makes some progress in his recovery. Smoltz could be moved. Then you have to lump Freddy in with the 2nd tier guys, Livan Hernandez, Jon Lieber, Tony Armas. So if all the top tier guys are called untouchable, and all the teams owning the 2nd tier guys demand the very best prospects, then you could perhaps command that price for Freddy. I just don't see that happening.

I would be very, very surprised to see Oakland tinker with its rotation right now, especially Zito. I don't see him going anywhere until after the season is done, if he does go

here come's Freddie's meltdown

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
Livan, Lieber and Armas aren't near as valuable as Freddy. Although the first two when on are total horses, not the greatest pitchers but definately solid. Armas has a ridiculous injury history.

A's aren't about to deal Zito unless they are getting front line stuff in return and there is no way the Giants are moving Schmidt unless they fall out of contention. Plus I Think the Giants are planning on doing what they can to resign Jason.

But from everything that's been written, Beane considers Milledge "front line stuff". So how is it Freddy is going to leapfrog Zito?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
ROB MACKOWIAK IS COSTING THIS TEAM GAMES IN CENTERFIELD!

Thats been obvious, but I've gotten tired of seeing our manager dick around with our combo. With our pitching sucking ass it becomes more important to make sure our team can field imo. We have enough bats in this lineup.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
ROB MACKOWIAK IS COSTING THIS TEAM GAMES IN CENTERFIELD!

It is amazing almost everytime he's in CF there is a ball that a lot of guys would get to that he doesn't get. You would think at least sometimes there would be nothing but routine plays out there.

This game is far from over it's only a matter of time before the Sox bats get ahold of some stuff and turn this into a laugher. The Yanks are not good enough to sweep us. Win today, then sweep detroit and everyone else can kiss our asses. This game is the major turning point of the season.

I don't mean to be a broken record, but with our starting pitching, the Yanks are definitely good enough to sweep us.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
Thats been obvious, but I've gotten tired of seeing our manager dick around with our combo. With our pitching sucking ass it becomes more important to make sure our team can field imo. We have enough bats in this lineup.

It's just another example of Guillen not learning from his mistakes.