Back In Victory Lane

aboz56

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's win this one for valponick and I'll tell you why. My first child was born on Monday night (Garland won us that one), they haven't won since then. I came home from work on Thursday evening and felt some sharp pain in my belly, had to go to the ER and have an emergency appendectomy :( I have been sitting here in excruciating pain with 10 staples across my belly watching this team the past two days, they owe it to me.

edit: OK maybe they don't owe me anything, I would just like a win to ease this pain a bit :gosox1:

Edited by valponick

QUOTE(valponick @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
Let's win this one for valponick and I'll tell you why. My first child was born on Monday night (Garland won us that one), they haven't won since then. I came home from work on Thursday evening and felt some sharp pain in my belly, had to go to the ER and have an emergency appendectomy :( I have been sitting here in excruciating pain with 10 staples across my belly watching this team the past two days, they owe it to me.

edit: OK maybe they don't owe me anything, I would just like a win to ease this pain a bit :gosox1:

congrats on the kid :cheers , sorry about the appendectomy :) & GOOOO SOX!!! 2bang9hj.gif2bang9hj.gif2bang9hj.gif

:gosoxretro:

Gload in at 1B for Konerko, Cintron in at SS for Uribe, and Mackowiak in at CF for Anderson.

Let the complaints begin.

Well its about time we start winning. The twins are doing their best part to help us knock off some of the Tigers lead. They have realigned their rotation for next weekend, skipping baker.

Manager Ron Gardenhire said that due to Thursday's day off Scott Baker will have his turn in the rotation skipped.

By skipping Baker the Twins will have Francisco Liriano, Johan Santana and Brad Radke lined up to face Detroit next weekend. Baker struggled in his start against the Indians on Saturday. Jul. 23 - 10:55 am et

Lets win today, take 2 out of 3 from the Twinks, and then start a roll.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
Well its about time we start winning. The twins are doing their best part to help us knock off some of the Tigers lead. They have realigned their rotation for next weekend, skipping baker.

Manager Ron Gardenhire said that due to Thursday's day off Scott Baker will have his turn in the rotation skipped.

By skipping Baker the Twins will have Francisco Liriano, Johan Santana and Brad Radke lined up to face Detroit next weekend. Baker struggled in his start against the Indians on Saturday. Jul. 23 - 10:55 am et

Lets win today, take 2 out of 3 from the Twinks, and then start a roll.

Good news there.

Gload in at 1B for Konerko, Cintron in at SS for Uribe, and Mackowiak in at CF for Anderson.

At least there's no Widger!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)

Lefties hit over .100 pts better against Padilla, so I don't mind it. At this point, might as well try anything new.

i\'m not sure i mind that much, except Gload for Konerko, but something has to be changed up to get out of this crap. although i would have hated it during the detriot series.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
Buck Showalter nearly passed out a few minutes ago, majorly dehydrated. He'll likely miss the first few innings of the game.

Buck doesnt want to be around when Padilla plunks AJ and Ozzie charges the Ranger dugout looking to maul Buck

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
I wouldn't be too terribly upset if Ozzie got suspended.

but you know they will suspend aj for the rest of the season for pointing and laughing while oz mauls buck...

That's not funny.

Seriously, this is the game they've been waiting for since the Tigers series started. If they don't win this win that'll be just another nail in the coffin of this season. I think they'll come up big today though and give us all hope for a little bit longer.

Sox - 11 (With 6 HR's)

Rangers - 0