Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guillen is expected back for the series with the Twins, Polanco perhaps by next week.

If you look at any sort of Runs Saved/Range Factor/Zone Rating/Defensive Efficiency the Tigers are easily among the best in the majors, or in some categories far and away better than everyone else, merely look at our pitchers incredible statistics this year and it backs it up.

Guillen and Ordonez have been our only bad fielders all season, while Inge/Rodriguez/Polanco/Shelton(Casey)/Granderson have all ben above average.

Even Guillen has good range, he just commits too many throwing errors.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
then why are they reporting that Polanco is done for the season?

Polanco

Here's a note on the Tigers official website. (Link)

Polanco progressing: Both Leyland and Placido Polanco said they're hoping the second baseman can return to action in as little as two weeks. Polanco says his separated left shoulder feels good and he's doing well on his exercises.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
DD said it was performance related. Of course, it isn't. He was batting third today. If he was all mad being pinch hit for by Hooper, he is a problem. Hooper came in to bunt, which led to two runs for the Tigers.

Yeah this looks kind of wierd. Three weeks to go in the season, forty man rosters, etc. If the tigers can have agreat showing in Minny this weekend, this story will go away real quick.

Young has to be pissed. He was looking at a pretty good shot at the postseason, now he cant even make another teams roster for the postseason this year.

Its like the Bulls holding on to John Starks until the trade deadline was over so he couldnt make the playoffs with another team.

Anybody think this could hurt the Tigers? I thought he was pretty well liked in the clubhouse. I know Leyland won't put up with much, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet for the greater good of the team. And if they were going to decline his option for next year anyway...

I don't care what the Tigers say, it's just weird.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
Anybody think this could hurt the Tigers? I thought he was pretty well liked in the clubhouse. I know Leyland won't put up with much, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet for the greater good of the team. And if they were going to decline his option for next year anyway...

I don't care what the Tigers say, it's just weird.

Actually think Jimmy is trying to send the rest of his team a wakeup call.

Two things about Dmitri

1. Don't feel bad for the guy, last year immediately after he reached 500 plate apperances triggingering an option year in his contract he refused to come into a game to pinch hit because he was 'injured' he then didn't play the rest of the year, in some ways this is sweet karma. (Well, besides the fact the guy choked out his girlfriend and is apparently a drunken drug abuser... :/)

2. The Tigers have been in an awful 9-19 stretch where we have been unable to hit, during that time Dmitri has sucked. (Something like a .650 OPS from your DH...)

It's not a suprise he was released, and I really doubt it's going to effect 'team chemistry' we played great when he was off in rehab or jail or whatever earlier in the year.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Two things about Dmitri

1. Don't feel bad for the guy, last year immediately after he reached 500 plate apperances triggingering an option year in his contract he refused to come into a game to pinch hit because he was 'injured' he then didn't play the rest of the year, in some ways this is sweet karma. (Well, besides the fact the guy choked out his girlfriend and is apparently a drunken drug abuser... :/)

2. The Tigers have been in an awful 9-19 stretch where we have been unable to hit, during that time Dmitri has sucked. (Something like a .650 OPS from your DH...)

It's not a suprise he was released, and I really doubt it's going to effect 'team chemistry' we played great when he was off in rehab or jail or whatever earlier in the year.

Yeah I seemed to remember him being a big part of the tigers September fold last year in more ways than one.