Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
Can the Sox afford that left side of the infield, though?

Ya, that's a fair point. But I mean if you get Arod you have to move him to short, he's the most valuable position player in baseball when he's at short imo. Do you remember how much money the Sox have tied up already for next year, isn't it around 90? Anyways, one of the starters is gone for sure, I'm sure we all agree with that, and I think the Yankees would eat a bit of his salary. It could get tricky but he'd have to play short if we traded for him imo.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might try and get creative and keep all three of Crede/Uribe/A-Rod. How? Hate to do it, but see if the Angels are interested in a big bat -- Thome or Konerko. You could have ARod play everyday, but let him rotate between SS/3B/1B/DH. Or is asking a star player to do that too much of a 'difficult' thing?

This is assuming, of course, that Crede wouldn't be part of the deal to get ARod. If the deal was Crede for ARod + cash straight up, I think you have to do it, seeing that ARod is still a much better hitter, along with Crede's back concerns (plus the fact is, Joe will never be an elite hitter. Even this year, his OPS+ was only 108, mainly stemming from a below average .323 OBP.)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
Sox were also very semi close to getting A-Rod before Texas, so there is a little history there. And with that contract, your not really going to have to deal with Boras. Once that deal is done, so is A-Rod.

And we actually have money this time around. If Arod indeed goes on the trading block, I expect us to be serious players.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
I just lost a little respect for Detroit when the started playing "Whoomp there it is!" when the score rose to 6-0.

haven't they been doing the wave a lot there in Detroit? I'm suddenly rooting for the A's, and in a big way.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
Looking at the espn "expert" predictions, not one of them picked the Tigers to win this series. Good stuff.

How many of us did? The way Detroit backed into the playoffs, who wouldn't have picked NY.

Congrats to Detroit. they deserve it. They are clicking on all cylinders.

And a big FU to the Yanks. :D

QUOTE(loltrain @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
*plays Journey and participates in TNA Wrestling events*

Don't start. Congrats on the win, but no need to start arguments right now. You know sox fans in general are going to be pissed off about things with the way our season went, so don't expect to see a lot of praise for anything right now from the majority of sox fans, minus Frank Thomas.

Edited by Rowand44

Here is the little piece of reality that our sox fans should look at when deciding to root for the tigers. You are rooting for a team that will make more and more money the further they go. How much of a windfall did our team have by winning the world series, how much did our payroll go up. That money can be reinvested in the club making them tougher to deal with.

For that reason I hope they get swept out with Oakland.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
I just lost a little respect for Detroit when the started playing "Whoomp there it is!" when the score rose to 6-0.

No. I gained a TON of respect for Detroit when they did that. Anything to rub it in their faces just a little more. Hell, Id even sanction them using "NA NA NA NA HEYYYYY HEYYYYYYYY GOOOD BYE!!" to send them on their way to the golf course in Florida.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Holy s***, just saw the high lights on ESPN. If I sound like a bitter Sox fan, so be it, but act like you have been there before, at least a little. Showering the fans with bubbly? Your going to the ALCS, win 8 more first.

How many of them have been there before?

I did not see the Tigers' starters coming through like they have. I thought Verlander would falter and I expect him to in his next start. I've been thinking Rogers would crumble since July, but that hasn't happened either. and how hasn't Todd Jones been scorched in every save opportunity? I'm growing increasingly bitter. I need to get out of here and back to my apartment so I can watch the 2005 World Series and Sox Pride DVDs.