Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
f*** YOU TIGERS YOU LUCKY f***S. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DIVISION NEXT YEAR.

It's quite possible their starters can regress next season as ours did this season, but even with such a possibility, Miller and Sanchez are available in the wings. We sure as hell didn't have such alternatives this season, or next season for that matter.

The Tigers will regress next year without question. They have some pitching that's for real like Zumaya, Bonderman, and Verlander which will keep them decent, but this offense of theirs really isn't any good, Kenny Rogers and Todd Jones will remember they are washed up, Fernando Rodney and Jamie Walker, as well as Jason Grili and Wilfredo Ledezma will remember they are average. The Tigers will win about 80 to 85 next year, problem is the Twins aren't going away.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
The Tigers will regress next year without question. They have some pitching that's for real like Zumaya, Bonderman, and Verlander which will keep them decent, but this offense of theirs really isn't any good, Kenny Rogers and Todd Jones will remember they are washed up, Fernando Rodney and Jamie Walker, as well as Jason Grili and Wilfredo Ledezma will remember they are average. The Tigers will win about 80 to 85 next year, problem is the Twins aren't going away.

They'll regress, just like we did this year.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
They'll regress, just like we did this year.

They'll regress a lot worse though. The only reason we still won 90 games is we got so much better this offseason (yay Kenny). Dombrowski is a fine GM, but I doubt he'll be able to do as much this offseason as Kenny did last offseason, and even in season getting MacDougal, Riske, etc.

You guys crack me up..........our team is extremely young at the core.....we have players in the minors who are ready to come in and pick up the slack........we will be active in FA and with a team like ours, and with the manager we have, we'll attract our share of talent.......

It's sad you can't just congratulate your opponent without trying to tear them down....sounds a lot like sour grapes to me........guess that's to be expected though.....

QUOTE(bunkerf16 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
You guys crack me up..........our team is extremely young at the core.....we have players in the minors who are ready to come in and pick up the slack........we will be active in FA and with a team like ours, and with the manager we have, we'll attract our share of talent.......

It's sad you can't just congratulate your opponent without trying to tear them down....sounds a lot like sour grapes to me........guess that's to be expected though.....

So it's sour grapes to state the obvious, which is your going to regress next year? I'm not hating to say it, it's a fact. It'd be sour grapes for me to hate on your team this year, which I won't. The Tigers performance this year has been admirable, and your going to win the World Series. I'm just stating my opinion, which is we're going to be better than you NEXT year, but that doesn't take away the amazing season you've had this year.

i hope the Tigers win the world series

AL central represent!

I'm for the AL and particularly the AL Central, and am still a Magglio fan, so go Tigers. They are handling these playoffs like the White Sox handled last year. They really were the best team in the AL for most of the regular season, so its very fitting they are the AL representives in the Fall Classic. Good pitching and a few homers puts you in a pretty good position.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
I'm for the AL and particularly the AL Central, and am still a Magglio fan, so go Tigers. They are handling these playoffs like the White Sox handled last year. They really were the best team in the AL for most of the regular season, so its very fitting they are the AL representives in the Fall Classic. Good pitching and a few homers puts you in a pretty good position.

:cheers

i agree on all points

I'm certaintly not dismissing the Tigers' success.

Even entering next season with the possibility of regression occuring I'd still rate your club and Minnesota ahead of ours.

For everyone about to wet themselves and criticize me, put it this way -- Detroit and/or Minnesota lose one arm within their rotation there are viable substitutes available. Even though Miller and Sanchez are raw arms for Detroit, they possess quality "stuff" capable of dominating lineups. Minnesota, on the other hand, actually got BETTER without the most dominating pitcher in baseball down the stretch. They hold several quality starting pitchers in their system as well. I'm sure Guerrier could spot start if worse came to worse.

What happens if one of our starters go down? Sure, last season McCarthy was available, but what do you do now with his eventual promotion? Our teams lack of depth (ie, piss poor minor league system) is again exposed. Considering Buehrle's alarming troubles and Contreras' late season injuries, we're not exactly in the clear here. Yes, it's a broken record, but I'll continue to annoy every single person until it's resolved. My complaints will only intensify with every quality prospect promoted from teams within our division.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
Your going to annoy everyone on a White Sox fan message board until Sox management resolves the minor league system? Makes sense...

I agree with him in the fact the Sox need to resolve the system. It's not the worst in the league, but I'd say it'll come in around 20 in BA's rankings next year. I wouldn't mind the Sox subtracting their payroll and putting the money into player development.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
What happens if one of our starters go down? Sure, last season McCarthy was available, but what do you do now with his eventual promotion? Our teams lack of depth (ie, piss poor minor league system) is again exposed.

Broadway? Haeger? Phillips? Prospects acquired for Garcia/Contreras/whoever? There are plenty of short-term options, and if a long-term solution is needed, KW will find one. It's not as if there are no #5 starters available at any given time.

There are no dominant arms within the White Sox minor league system, and no one that is sane would argue that. It doesn't mean there are no #5 starters within the minors, or that are available for cheap or in FA.

Considering Buehrle's alarming troubles and Contreras' late season injuries, we're not exactly in the clear here.

I have no doubt in my mind that Buehrle will be back with one of his best seasons ever next year. QuesTec is leaving, which was as much of a reason as it was an excuse, along with the fact that he will not only be fully rested, but he will have worked harder this offseason than any in recent memory.

Contreras I have nothing for, but I have been an advocate of trading Contreras for quite some time now. I'd almost rather see him traded than Garcia.

Your team just got into the World Series. You dont have anything better to do than be on a White Sox message board?

Actually I have been on the board almost all year because as a Tigers fan, I enjoy hearing the opinions of other teams and their fans..........there is no saying how anyone is going to perform next year based on this year's results.....to assume the Tigers will regress because you guys did this year is as silly as me saying we'll get to the playoffs again next year because the Red Sox and Yankees do it every year.....

One thing I think I can say with confidence is that with us, the Sox, the Twins and the Indians, the AL Central will be the toughest division in all of baseball next year.......should be a great year.........

Edited by bunkerf16

In case you noticed you are on a White Sox message board. We can have all the sour grapes we want. If you don't like sour grapes, there are a couple very nice Detroit sports message boards.

QUOTE(bunkerf16 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
Actually I have been on the board almost all year because as a Tigers fan, I enjoy hearing the opinions of other teams and their fans..........there is no saying how anyone is going to perform next year based on this year's results.....to assume the Tigers will regress because you guys did this year is as silly as me saying we'll get to the playoffs again next year because the Red Sox and Yankees do it every year.....

One thing I think I can say with confidence is that with us, the Sox, the Twins and the Indians, the AL Central will be the toughest division in all of baseball next year.......should be a great year.........

If you've been on the board for a year, why did you just register on Sept 1 2006?