Could Kenny make a huge deal?

GreatScott82

Not sure if any of you guys listened to the Levine and Defalco show this morning. But they interviewed KW and he Bruce jokingly said, so Kenny we can expect us to announce that the Sox acquire Soriano next weekend? Kenny said "No, the trade im going to make would be a lot BIGGER than that"

Is there a possible blockbuster waiting to happen? D-train? Cabrera? Soriano and D-train? Hmmm is KW just blowing smoke?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
Not sure if any of you guys listened to the Levine and Defalco show this morning. But they interviewed KW and he Bruce jokingly said, so Kenny we can expect us to announce that the Sox acquire Soriano next weekend? Kenny said "No, the trade im going to make would be a lot BIGGER than that"

Is there a possible blockbuster waiting to happen? D-train? Cabrera? Soriano and D-train? Hmmm is KW just blowing smoke?

I didn't hear the interview, but that sounds like was being sarcastic.

I can't think of a reason why we'd need a big trade. Honestly, aside from a few small pieces, I don't see this team needing anything. The starters that are struggling (Vazquez, Garcia) can't easily be replaced, since their trade value is low right now. And what would we get back that we need? What weak spots do we have, really, outside of one or two bullpen spots and a backup C?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
I can't think of a reason why we'd need a big trade. Honestly, aside from a few small pieces, I don't see this team needing anything. The starters that are struggling (Vazquez, Garcia) can't easily be replaced, since their trade value is low right now. And what would we get back that we need? What weak spots do we have, really, outside of one or two bullpen spots and a backup C?

Exactly. We just need a couple of guys to start performing like they should. We most definitely need another arm in the 'pen; a right-handed setup man.

QUOTE(BoKnows @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
maybe Kenny is trying to save A-Rod from turning into Chuck Knoblauch in NY.

if we got a-rod i wouldn't know what to think, i wouldn't even know if i'd like it. But it won't happen so what am i thinking!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
if we got a-rod i wouldn't know what to think, i wouldn't even know if i'd like it. But it won't happen so what am i thinking!

If Jerry was willing to pay the rest of his contract (which he more than likely wouldn't) I would be focking ecstatic to have a player of Alex Rodriguez' caliber manning SS for years to come. Of course the Sox do not have the available major league pieces necessary to pull off such a deal but a guy can dream.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
If Jerry was willing to pay the rest of his contract (which he more than likely wouldn't) I would be fishing ecstatic to have a player of Alex Rodriguez' caliber manning SS for years to come. Of course the Sox do not have the available major league pieces necessary to pull off such a deal but a guy can dream.

Bingo. Arod is the best player in baseball when he's at shortstop. I know many people hate the guy, but I've always been a big fan and would no doubt love to have him.

A-Rod is a touch of class and only gets a bad rep because he makes so much money. Actually, the money wouldn't be all that bad. He makes $25 mil a year, but Texas is still paying $10 mil of that. It is a lot still, but that is similar to what Mags got from Detroit and what the sox gave Paulie this year.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
That is by far the funniest thing I have read in some time.

hey a guy can dream...

send haeger, send broadway, heck, send garcia, or give them vasquez back

Edited by toasty

Phil Rogers is making his case for why the Cubs should trade ARam and J. Jones for ARod. We don't have the pieces to trade the Yanks to get ARod, as we don't have a 3rd baseman to give back (we'd be trading ARod to play SS). Personally, I think Tejada would be so much of a better "blockbuster" guy to try and trade for.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Phil Rogers is making his case for why the Cubs should trade ARam and J. Jones for ARod. We don't have the pieces to trade the Yanks to get ARod, as we don't have a 3rd baseman to give back (we'd be trading ARod to play SS). Personally, I think Tejada would be so much of a better "blockbuster" guy to try and trade for.

cairo could play 3rd.

or give them fields

Sell the farm for ARod...IF the Yankees pay roughly 2/3 of that deal.

Just remember...right now ARod makes $6 million more than any other player in baseball. He is not "Jermaine Dye" better than everyone else in baseball.

Anyway...yes, Kenny Williams will TRY to make a gigantic deal. The question is how much people want our pitching.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
Just remember...right now ARod makes $6 million more than any other player in baseball. He is not "Jermaine Dye" better than everyone else in baseball.

No, but put him at SS and it's pretty close...(also, Jermaine is one of the biggest bargains in baseball.)