Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
Balta, fair points and I am not saying Mackowiak is a good CF, he isn't. I am stating why Guillen has him in there.

But it comes down to pitching doesn't it? Don't the pitchers have to pitch over mistakes?

There's only so many mistakes that you can expect a pitcher to deal with IMO. He shouldn't have to put up with one of the worst Center Fielders in baseball when the best is sitting on the bench. Especially since the one on the bench has finally learned how to hit on occasion. And on top of that, most of them I wouldn't call mistakes, since a fly ball to Center Field is usually something that should be turned into an out.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Balta, fair points and I am not saying Mackowiak is a good CF, he isn't. I am stating why Guillen has him in there.

But it comes down to pitching doesn't it? Don't the pitchers have to pitch over mistakes?

As you said, it probably would have been nice if our sinker ball pitcher would have thrown sinkers to a power hitter in a 2 on situation. I'm still of the belief that we need our best defensive team on the field when Garland and Buehrle pitch.