Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's rather obvious from these last two AB's that avoiding outside pitches against Glaus is the smart decision. First AB Glaus smashed a changeup, last AB he hit two fastballs rather solid.

Next matchup Garland needs to continue busting him inside until he shows an ability to adjust.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
Exactly. If i were Mack i'd be pissed he keeps putting me out there

Mack is the type of guy who would be thrilled if Ozzie put him behind the plate. I just don't see how much more evidence you need to come to the conclusion that Mack should only be in CF in an emergency. An extreme emergency. Seriously, and I never thought I would say this, I think if they don't want to tweak the roster, Pods should be in CF and Mack in LF when Anderson sits. Mack is much better in LF than Pods, and as little as I think of Pod's defensive prowess, he can't be worse than Mack in CF, can he?

If Ozzie wants someone, than ask Kenny and I'm sure Kenny would have been able to find him a backup CF (we all know Kenny does all he can to get whatever Ozz asks of).

Jason,

Who has been available? The way they're looking at it, especially with these starting pitchers very much underperforming, who's better who replaces Mackowiak's offense?

I think it will be very fair to do a post mortem on this team after the year, and comment on who won the AL and how they did it. My guess is, pitching will be a huge factor in terms of who wins.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
I just got back from dinner. What's going on so far? The score doesn't look nice.

Garland gave up a bomb to Glaus in the first (after Mack had a ball drop that BA would have caught). in the 2nd, Pods bunted a hit, stole 2nd, and scored on a double by Thome. Both Halladay and Garland are throwing a metric fishton of pitches.

Actually, I was really, really pissed at Ozzie for starting Mack the last time Vazquez was out on the mound. Having him out there instead of Anderson led directly to 2 hits and 1 run, and maybe led to Vazquez tiring out a little bit more as well.

And Mack doesn't suck. He's just not a Center Fielder.

Balta, fair points and I am not saying Mackowiak is a good CF, he isn't. I am stating why Guillen has him in there.

But it comes down to pitching doesn't it? Don't the pitchers have to pitch over mistakes?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Garland gave up a bomb to Glaus in the first (after Mack had a ball drop that BA would have caught). in the 2nd, Pods bunted a hit, stole 2nd, and scored on a double by Thome. Both Halladay and Garland are throwing a metric fishton of pitches.

So Pods has looked good I'd say?