Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
Dear God, is Juan trying his damndest to throw spiff away?

As someone who played SS during his baseball career, it definitely becomes a confidence issue after a while. You start to aim the ball over to first, and that results in the throws having a lot less velocity on it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
Give me Mike Scioscia any day of the week.

Dodgers so screwed themselves when they mistreated Scoscia.

As for Ozzie, the first WS title in 88 years will get you a lot of free passes on bad behavior. It's not right, but it's true.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Then the championship honeymoon for Ozzie is rapidly coming to a head.

I'll always thank him for that year, but I live in the now and Ozzie doesn't work with a team full of quality players. He works best with a scrappy firy team and this team isn't exactly that. I also think ozzie would be one of the worse when it came to developing young players on a rebuilding ball club (not that we will be there).

People call Mike Ditka great, I call him crap. To only win 1 superbowl with that team was a travesty. I'm not saying its as big of a travesty for the Sox not to do so (and we don't know what will happen) but when this taem misses the playoffs and fails to make noise (note I didn't say "if") it will be a total embarassment and joke. I realize its not easy to make the playoffs, but we haven't had injuries to blame thus far (not saying it couldn't happen). Bottom line is this team has played without fire and while thats on the players its also on the manager.

I'd hate to see Ozzie cost us a few more years just like I think Jerry Manuel cost us a few times.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Halladay has control of his curve now. It's too bad we couldn't capitalize on all the hangers in the 1st inning.

Ok...seriously...how many times does Jermaine Dye have to save our asses this season before we give him a free pass? If there's anyone on this team who's earned one, it's JD.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
Dodgers so screwed themselves when they mistreated Scoscia.

As for Ozzie, the first WS title in 88 years will get you a lot of free passes on bad behavior. It's not right, but it's true.

^^^^^^

Bad behavior and putting players in positions they can't play. Maybe Garland can get a start at SS tomorrow; good arm and a decent hitter.

I will absolutely blame the manager when he continues to play a corner outfielder in CF. Seriously, how many times does Mackowiak have to mess up out there before they realize he shouldn't be out there?

You need to take a freaking step back from the whining ... for once.

Try this on for size ...

Garland is a ground ball pitcher, or should be. Halladay is a great righthanded pitcher. Mackowiak has been killing righties to the tune of .342 .

They will need offense in this game. Anderson, despite trending upward, is still regularly overmatched by good pitchers, let alone great pitchers. And I am a fan of Anderson.

Mackowiak did not throw that big fat 3-2 changeup, Garland did. Even if there's no one on base, it's 1-0, they're still losing and they still need offense.

You seem to think that constantly freaking whining about something on a message board will change things. Give it a rest already fathom. It has gotten well beyond old, Mr. Pessimism.

If you truly want to make a difference, why not email Guillen directly, or write him a letter, and come back and tell SoxTalk what he says. Anything but this constant incessant freaking whining that you do in every single game thread. You ruin it ... maybe not for your fellow pessimists, but for at least a dozen people you've chased away from the game threads with your negative sarcastic "humor", and your whining.

There, I said it. And it needed to be said, a long time ago.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
OH MY GOD

Double that. We see more of this Pods and I'd be a whole lot happier. Halladay is slow but Molina has a cannon (even if he's throwing out a lower % of guys right now than he did with the Halos).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Ok...seriously...how many times does Jermaine Dye have to save our asses this season before we give him a free pass? If there's anyone on this team who's earned one, it's JD.

Definitely cant blame JD there, but it is frustrating how many scoring opportunities we have squandered in the last month or so.