Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand ozzie wants macks bat in games. But put him in for gooch/pods/crede if he plays a crapload of games in a row.. I mean.... Its Obvious and its been obvious he can't handle CF and todays game might be the highlight of the year for this where the 2nd batter in the game makes ozzie pay.

Now, since this is the most glaring play so far this year, early so its easy to see, Will HE LEARN......I think he keeps doing it until one more screwup.

I know I'm a bit behind in relation to the game, but Garland pitching 6 CONSECUTIVE OUTSIDE PITCHES to Glaus was atrocious. Pierzynski deserves most of the blame for that.

He was comfortable on the corner -- since it was obvious that was their intended target -- and Pierzynski called a changeup DESPITE the fact Glaus had yet to catch up to his fastball. It's embarrassing to watch this crap unfold.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
My only wish is that if we tank the rest of the year, Ozzie will quit. Then, Sandy can retire, and he'll become manager.

I love Sandy, but I want Razor. Either way, call me a pessimist, but I've completely given up on this team. They are absolutely hopeless with there weak ass starting rotation. Things aren't going to just magically get better either.

I know Freddy is crap, the only miracle that could happen would be Garland continuing to dominate (sans the first inning with some spiffy defense), Contreras starting to dominate again and Buehrle/Vaz figuring things out.

The odds of all of that happening in a few month span with our pitchers already worn down is slim to none and without that, we are a .500 team at best.

Oh and Hawk, just stop whining. Who gives a crap if the calls don't go our way, calls don't cost you from making the playoffs, bad plays do.

Then, Sandy can retire, and he'll become manager.

Then, you'll complain about Sandy to no end.

It's not the manager, it's the players. Your blame is, for the most part, misdirected.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
yep, especially when 4/5's of your starting staff are having subpar years, and the Manager decides that the Defense must play lackadasical against righties. THANK GOD our offense has come through!

Fixed

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
I know I'm a bit behind in relation to the game, but Garland pitching 6 CONSECUTIVE OUTSIDE PITCHES to Glaus was atrocious. Pierzynski deserves most of the blame for that.

He was comfortable on the corner -- since it was obvious that was their intended target -- and Pierzynski called a changeup DESPITE the fact Glaus has yet to catch up to his fastball. It's embarrassing.

Great, great observation by you. I thought he kept playing with fire by pitching it outside, and I was hoping he'd throw his sinker.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
I understand ozzie wants macks bat in games. But put him in for gooch/pods/crede if he plays a crapload of games in a row.. I mean.... Its Obvious and its been obvious he can't handle CF and todays game might be the highlight of the year for this where the 2nd batter in the game makes ozzie pay.

Now, since this is the most glaring play so far this year, early so its easy to see, Will HE LEARN......I think he keeps doing it until one more screwup.

Most glaring play? He's had other just as bad, if not worse.

Jerry Owens come on up to help us

He's not gonna help the team in CF if that's what you meant. He is not good in CF.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)

It's not the manager, it's the players. Your blame is, for the most part, misdirected.

I will absolutely blame the manager when he continues to play a corner outfielder in CF. Seriously, how many times does Mackowiak have to mess up out there before they realize he shouldn't be out there?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)

Disagree. Ozzie handled himself absolutely disgracefully between the Garland and Tracey incident (more so with the Tracey incident, especially when you consider behind the scenes stuff). Than his lone strenght (being agressive) has dissapeared and he continually puts players in a position where they can't possibly succeed (Mack in CF, Pablo in LF, sadly Pods in LF, not giving Bmac a chance a month ago after we had contiuosly horrible starting all season).

Its one thing if we didn't have the players, but we do. Our guys in the rotation are also totally to blame as well, Ozzie hasn't hung or made the poor pitches, but at the same time he's sat there expecting them to magically get better as opposed to being proactive and trying something.

My problems with Ozzie are with all of his dumb idiotic comments and statements (see Tracey/Garland) and with his failure to be proactive and try to improve things. I've been saying this for a while now and I've called for his firing more than once (not that it really means anything).

Give me Mike Scioscia any day of the week.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Yeah I know. I was just responding to the question as to why he was in the LINEUP. That is why I previously asked about Anderson and Mack starting in the same game

I don't see why we don't try it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
Disagree. Ozzie handled himself absolutely disgracefully between the Garland and Tracey incident (more so with the Tracey incident, especially when you consider behind the scenes stuff). Than his lone strenght (being agressive) has dissapeared and he continually puts players in a position where they can't possibly succeed (Mack in CF, Pablo in LF, sadly Pods in LF, not giving Bmac a chance a month ago after we had contiuosly horrible starting all season).

Its one thing if we didn't have the players, but we do. Our guys in the rotation are also totally to blame as well, Ozzie hasn't hung or made the poor pitches, but at the same time he's sat there expecting them to magically get better as opposed to being proactive and trying something.

My problems with Ozzie are with all of his dumb idiotic comments and statements (see Tracey/Garland) and with his failure to be proactive and try to improve things. I've been saying this for a while now and I've called for his firing more than once (not that it really means anything).

Give me Mike Scioscia any day of the week.

Then the championship honeymoon for Ozzie is rapidly coming to a head.