Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
We suck...and so does our manager.

I'm beginning to really believe that. This $hit is becoming BEYOND frustrating now. This is not a playoff team, and by the end of the month we will probably be out of the race. I know this sounds VERY harsh, but it's EXTREMELY hard to be confident about this team right now, especially with Oz in the driver seat..................I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but at this point i doubt it,

Edited by CYGarland

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
Face it people, we aren't a good team. Good teams don't have piece of spiff pitching staffs. Thats the bottom line.

Then why in the world did we sit through the deadline with a thumb up our ass. We should have opened up a spot for McCarthy ASAP, instead we were holding out for a king's ransom for some spiffty starters.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
Think Ozzie will beach at Mack for not playing defense well enough in CF, just to see how ironic things can get?

Of cfourse not. Ozzie has double standards, some people get treated completely harsh and ran over, while others get away with everything. He should be fired and I've been calling for it for some time now (ever since the Tracey incident which I thought was complete and utter garbage; than again after the Garland incident and for the fact that he did absolutely nothing to try and get the tema fired back up when they were in a major funk, ie base running; afterall, Hawk kept saying he wouldn't just sit around, but thats all Ozzie's done this year).

Has there been one game this year where Mack started in LF and Anderson started in CF? I don't even recall them being in the lineup at the same time.

I guess Crede's emergence has prevented Mack from playing and third base.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Did you read the article about Cooper working with Javy on closing his stance and standing taller? Granted, it's no guarantee, but maybe it leads to an improvement... :huh

The next big game Javy Vazquez wins will be his first. He blows. He's below .500 lifetime with a 4.50 ERA pitching mostly in the NL. He isn't that good. His contract doesn't represent his overall results.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
I'm beginning to really believe that. This $hit is becoming BEYOND frustrating now. This is not a playoff team, and by the end of the month we will probably be out of the race. I know this sounds VERY harsh, but it's EXTREMELY hard to be confident about this team right now, especially with Oz in the driver seat..................I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but at this point i doubt it,

We have an absolutely scary schedule coming up. If we keep playing as badly as we have against good teams, we'll be out of the race in 2 weeks.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
This is bullspiff. Amazing. Ozzie pisses me off before the game even started with Mackowiak in center, and of course the ball just finds him.

Get someone that can play centerfield as a backup from Charlotte here, I don't care if he hits under .200, at least we'll have someone who knows how to judge fly balls in center.

How about just leting Brian Anderson play centerfield? He is supposed to be our everyday centerfielder . Mac has shown time and time again that he can not play CF. Does Ozzie think Mack is going to just wake up as a good CFer one day? Or is Ozzie just stuck in his stubborn and stupid mode?

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Get someone that can play centerfield as a backup from Charlotte here, I don't care if he hits under .200, at least we'll have someone who knows how to judge fly balls in center.

Why? How about just letting BA play 9 out of 10 games? That should do the trick.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Of cfourse not. Ozzie has double standards, some people get treated completely harsh and ran over, while others get away with everything. He should be fired and I've been calling for it for some time now (ever since the Tracey incident which I thought was complete and utter garbage; than again after the Garland incident and for the fact that he did absolutely nothing to try and get the tema fired back up when they were in a major funk, ie base running; afterall, Hawk kept saying he wouldn't just sit around, but thats all Ozzie's done this year).

My only wish is that if we tank the rest of the year, Ozzie will quit. Then, Sandy can retire, and he'll become manager.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
I have no idea why umpires like Bucknor, Angel Hernandez, and Bruce Froemming still have jobs in the league.

As soon as I saw C.B. behind the plate, I knew it wouldn't be pretty.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
this just isnt our year guys.

yep, especially when 4/5's of your starting staff are having subpar years, and the Defense decides to play lackadasical. THANK GOD our offense has come through!