AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
8 out of 11 vs. the pussy cats........THIS TRAIN IS STARTIN TO ROLL.....GOIN FOR IT TOMORROW, WE TAKE IT WERE BACK IN BUSINESS

CHOOO CHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!! ALL ABOARD!!!! DESTINATION: GLORY

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anderson drives in 2. The bullpen shuts them down, and Buerhle has a good outing. Now lets sweep them out of the state and send them into a tailspin.

we all saw it coming after game one for destoyit vs minisota when the destoyit dugout was laughing, joking, & kicking back like they were a bunch of teenage girls in a limo....

WE ARE BACK SO TAKE NOTICE!!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
That bullpen is just SICK.

Excellent job of managing the pitching staff today Ozzie. Didn't try to get too much from Buehrle, didn't obsess over giving him the win, and wound up winning the game because of it.

What you gotta say about that shoota

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Other than the clutch hit by Anderson, we didn't do much of anything to deserve a win today. BUT I'LL TAKE IT, now finish the damn sweep tomorrow for once and we'll be at 70 wins and be back in this race (somehow).

They have the best record in baseball. You take them however you can get them.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Horrible defense by Detroit. I'm not worried though. Much bigger series for Chicago then it was for Detroit.

Not true. The tigers need to prove they can beat the White Sox at some point. If the planets align and the Tigers and White Sox should meet in the ALCS, the Tigers would have little to go on.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
They have the best record in baseball. You take them however you can get them.

I'll wager that Detroit has won quite a few games on the strenght of sloppy play by the opponent's defense this year, and I doubt they complain afterwards.

Yeah, Detroit gave us a few runs on defense...but we also didn't give them any gifts back.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
What a game. We're startin' to get those breaks again. I almost felt bad for Rogers out there. His defense straight molested him today. Buehrle was brilliant. If not for Uribe, Buehrle probably throws a complete game shutout. He was that good. And how 'bout that Brian Anderson? God I love him.

Between that hit today and the 9th inning homers, he has shown he's not afraid to come up with a big hit.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Other than the clutch hit by Anderson, we didn't do much of anything to deserve a win today. BUT I'LL TAKE IT, now finish the damn sweep tomorrow for once and we'll be at 70 wins and be back in this race (somehow).

Really? I think we pitched pretty well. Sandy's clutch sac fly has to count as something, too.