Are you in or are you out?

Kid Gleason

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
WE'RE STILL IN FRONT IN THE WILD CARD STANDINGS! If anyone says they're "out", they should just stop watching baseball and go watch Dancing with the Stars, or something that requires no intestinal fortitude.

Couldn't have put it better. In.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild Card- IN

AL Central- Out! It will be very difficult catching Detroit now. Unless we somehow win these next 2 games. But with Freddy going tommorow I highly doubt that will happen. I like our chances with Garland though.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 03:50 AM)
I am in and feeling good. Getting the rough stuff out of the way early and a big swing of momentum should occur in starting tomorrow :gosox4:

God I hope you right!!! :pray

Awww f*** it, I'm IN!!!

Can we call someone with a bottle of "killer instinct" and get them to dump the mother f***er on this team?!?!

Find it, get it, struggle through it. Do whatever the f*** you have to do, win these next two games and get some f***ing life into this team....

In the immortal words of Samuel L Jackson, " I am motherf***ing tired of these motherf***ing snakes on this motherf***ing plane!!!"

Get it done!!!!

The team reached it's high water mark of 27 over on July 6, for the following 7 weeks they are 6 under. 7 weeks is not just a bad streak that 'everyone' goes through. This is just not playoff caliber baseball, and they have shown me no reason to believe they will turn it around. It's not impossible, but I see no evidence which would lead me to expect it.

I'm in as a White Sox fan, follower and devotee. But I'm out as to predicting this group will make the post season. There are 7 weeks left, at the current rate of play they will end up at about 88 wins. A good season but no cigar.

Thank God we are taking a tally of who is 'in' and 'out'. We can then fax the results over to Ozzie and the team. Seeing how supportive a message board is will most likely give them the boast they need so they can start pitching and hitting again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
There's going to be a long line at the doctor's office tomorrow. Lots of sprained ankles from people jumping off the bandwagon (not in this thread, but it's definitely happening with some Sox fans).

You used that line last year. Get some new material. :P

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
So kids, lets see how things stack up against last year. Are you still believing this team will be post-season, or do you think they are done? No fighting, just a simple "in" or "out", as we did last year.

I already said, this team is done. My anger and disappointment were highest at the AllStar Break when we dropped in the standings bigtime, and dug a hole for ourselves, knowing the schedule for us wasn't going to get easier. Theres too much going against the SOX right now, not counting the schedule. High team ERA's, Javy "5 inning" Vazquez, Mark "10 runs a game" Buehrle, are not the kind of guys who help you get on 10 game winning streaks when your down in the standings.

When we need to take 2 of 3, we get swept. When we need a sweep, we take 2 of 3. When we need to win the remaining 10 games against the Tigers, we lose 2 games instead. Losses like last nite arent as bothersome to me at this point in the season, Ive accepted our fate. I just hope like heck that we fix the weaknesses .............. this team for the most part is still good. Focus on BUNTING, MOVING RUNNERS OVER, SITUATIONAL HITTING, and most of all ................ MAKING CONTACT. way too many strikeouts from our #1 & #3 hitters

Edited by Hangar18

Still in.

I'll predict... we continue the up and down the rest of the season, and go on a run the last couple weeks, winning the wild card with about 95-97 wins. With that energy finally in place, we make our playoff run, sore bits and all. The only question is - when will they run out of gas, and when will the tiredness knock them back down. I'll guess we make the ALCS and lose.

For those questioning, this was not meant as a "are you a fan of the White Sox or not" type of question. It was mainly a "do you still believe we are going post season" type of thing. I'm sure there are diehard fans of teams that are going nowhere still supporting their teams. Belief in a team NOT making it is not saying you are not a fan. If that were true, then you must not have been a fan in 2001 and all the other years the team was going nowhere.

I myself have huge doubts they will make it. If they do, it won't be our stellar play that does it, it will be Minnesota and Boston collapsing alongside and allowing us to get in. I haven't seen anything in a long while that makes me believe this team "has it" any more.

But that being said, I will be watching every game still, I will be hoping my doubts are false, and I will be trying to get to a few more games this year and I will support the hell out of my team. But common sense tells me to not get my hopes up.

Edited by Kid Gleason