Pointless Facts

beautox

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.

Can there ever really be enough bathrooms?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

You must be old enough to have taken typing class

The original name of the New York Yankees.............

Baltimore Orioles

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 08:34 AM)
The Who's most successful US single was "I Can See For Miles." Wouldn't have guessed that.

No way? Not Who Are You or Baba O'Reilly??

from wiki

"I Can See For Miles" is a song written by Pete Townshend of The Who, which was recorded for the band's 1967 album, The Who Sell Out. It was the only song from the album to be released as a single, on October 14th, 1967.

The recording of "I Can See For Miles" exemplified the ever-increasing use of studio techniques in the late 1960s. Not only was it recorded in separate sessions, it was recorded in a geographic range stretching thousands of kilometers. The backing tracks were recorded in London, the lyrics and overdubbing were performed in New York (probably at Talentmasters Studios), while the record was finished with mastering in Los Angeles, at the Gold Star Studios.

It reached #10 in the U.K. and #9 in the U.S. Though these figures would seem successful to most bands, Townshend was disappointed. He is quoted as saying, "To me it was the ultimate Who record, yet it didn't sell. I spat on the British record buyer."

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
No way? Not Who Are You or Baba O'Reilly??

I have no independent confirmation, but listening to a local radio station last week (97.1, for those familar), it was mentioned as their most successful US single. Surprised me as well.

Reminds me of VH1 mentioning how Jimi Hendrix and The Grateful Dead both could be considered "one hit wonders," as neither had two songs climb above 20 in the billboard charts.