Pointless Facts

beautox

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a huge Who fan in high school and college. One of my favorite memories was SIU, Halloween, someone playing Baba O'Reilly at full volume outside a dorm building. About 200 people singing along in between chugs of Bush beer. OK, the beer sucked, but the rest of the moment was cool. :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
I was a huge Who fan in high school and college. One of my favorite memories was SIU, Halloween, someone playing Baba O'Reilly at full volume outside a dorm building. About 200 people singing along in between chugs of Bush beer. OK, the beer sucked, but the rest of the moment was cool. :D

Wow.

They played oldies at your high school?

:drink :usa

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
I remember doing this in elementary school for a science project.

The average human farts about 6-16 times per day. Just as I'm typing this, I have just added to the theory.

Obviously this doesn't apply to women, who -- in my world -- neither fart or crap.

I refuse to acknowledge such events.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
I remember doing this in elementary school for a science project.

The average human farts about 6-16 times per day. Just as I'm typing this, I have just added to the theory.

I just hold them all in and have one big super fart when I get off work.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
You must be old enough to have taken typing class

The first time I learned that fact was while reading a story by Stephen King. :D

Some pointless Stephen King facts:

His first published novel was Carrie.

He wrote the first book in his 7-book Dark Tower series in 1982. The last one came out 22 years later in 2004.

*spoiler alert below*

The first line of the first book and the last line of the last book are the same:

"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
For the pessimists out there... It is always raining somewhere on planet Earth.

I would bet that it's possible to find a finite unit of time where there is actually no raindrop hitting the ground anywhere on earth. You just have to subdivide the units of time far enough.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
Did you know that after two years, 10% of your pillow's weight consists of your dead skin and the microscopic organisms that feed of it.

My pillows get changed every 4-6 months. :) Phew. . .

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
Did you know that after two years, 10% of your pillow's weight consists of your dead skin and the microscopic organisms that feed of it.

Some of us have annoyingly strong allergies to those f***ing things. You get the right cleaning system and you can prevent that buildup, but god I hate those little f***ers.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
Some of us have annoyingly strong allergies to those f***ing things. You get the right cleaning system and you can prevent that buildup, but god I hate those little f***ers.

What's with the potty mouth? ;)

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Either / Or

Is one of Soren Kierkegaard's, the father of Existentialism, best works.

Kierke (as I like to call him) was one of the first major European writers to embrace writing in the native tongue and not latin. In fact, he had to get permission to write his dissertation in Danish.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
I would bet that it's possible to find a finite unit of time where there is actually no raindrop hitting the ground anywhere on earth. You just have to subdivide the units of time far enough.

http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_cause...ecipitation.htm

PRECIPITATION EQUALS EVAPORATION All of the precipitation that falls originated as water vapor that was evaporated from the surface of the Earth. It is always raining somewhere on the Earth, just as evaporation is always occurring over most of the Earth's surface. At any given time, precipitation covers only about 2% to 5% of the surface of the Earth, while evaporation is occurring over the remaining 95% to 98% of the Earth. Thus, water vapor gets "concentrated" into relatively small rain systems that turn this vapor into precipitation.