**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
The Twins sure act like its a big series. Maybe thats why their kicking the Sox ass again. If the Sox continue to fall apart, it will be interesting to see what KW does with the roster. I don't think he'll make a lot of changes, but I think he will make a couple big moves.

I want to see the Sox trade for Jimmy Rollins (one of our starters and a good prospect) and then try to sign Mathews Jr. to a 2/3 yr deal.

My ideal lineup would be: Rollins, Mathews Jr, Dye, Thome, PK, Crede, Iguchi, AJP, Anderson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Lets just hope the Bears don't dissapoint cause that would really suck. Two straight teams where I have high hopes only to get crushed.

Especially because I am just counting down the days till Bears and College football because I hate this Sox team so much lately.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
I want to see the Sox trade for Jimmy Rollins (one of our starters and a good prospect) and then try to sign Mathews Jr. to a 2/3 yr deal.

My ideal lineup would be: Rollins, Mathews Jr, Dye, Thome, PK, Crede, Iguchi, AJP, Anderson

That would be real nice.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
Maybe it's just me not having seen him pitch for a month, but McCarthy's delivery looks slightly different than last time out. Seems less violent to my eyes.

I can't tell...it's like a man who's been in prison for 20 years going to a strip club once he gets out.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
BMac shows our staff how it's done, just like he did last year. Man did he look good there. 7 pitches, 3 outs against the top of their order.

Guess he isn't showing much rust yet.

Don't worry, if he does good Ozzie will stay make some comment like "he's a piece of s*** compared to my other guys. Brandon isn't worthy to start in our amazing rotation. "

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
Please don't play the race card.

This is baseball. Oz is better than that. My gosh.

I'm not saying what he said is true...but I'm also not saying that Ozzie doesn't favor some of his buddies. I can't wait until next year when McCarthy gets pulled at the first sign of trouble.

This game can still be semi-fullfilling. If Brandon pitches four or five scoreless innings, like I said earlier, then maybe the heat will start to rise on Ozzie. Maybe some reporters will see what we're seeing, that McCarthy can't and wouldn't be any worse than any of the five starters were sending out there save Jon Garland.

Please, B-Mac, that's all we got tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
I'm not saying what he said is true...but I'm also not saying that Ozzie doesn't favor some of his buddies. I can't wait until next year when McCarthy gets pulled at the first sign of trouble.

The good news? I don't think this kid's going to be getting in much trouble. God I love watching him pitch.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
Maybe some reporters will see what we're seeing

No. The reporters are Ozzie's personal b****es. If they had ANY balls they would have asked why the f*** he starts Mack in CF a long time ago.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
Does it make me a bad fan when I hope that certain players go on the DL tonight in order to improve this team? Of course, I'm not rooting for serious injuries...just little things that they'll recover 100 pct from.

Rob Macko...ah screw it. I'm getting beer.

Ok, here's an idea...Ross Gload in CF?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
This game can still be semi-fullfilling. If Brandon pitches four or five scoreless innings, like I said earlier, then maybe the heat will start to rise on Ozzie. Maybe some reporters will see what we're seeing, that McCarthy can't and wouldn't be any worse than any of the five starters were sending out there save Jon Garland.

Please, B-Mac, that's all we got tonight.

Ozzie will just say that he's not stretch out enough or that he only did so well because he came in with no pressure seeing as we're down 5 runs to Santana.

He'll minimize it as best as he can.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SOLO HOMER, WE'RE RIGHT BACK IN THIS ONE BABY WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

JUST THREE MORE OF THOSE AND WE'RE TIED