Tigers V. Sox

MHizzle85

There are automatic outs because Ozzie only doesn't use L/L R/R mathups when they make sense. Last year KW was the biggest factor for the WS and we won in spite of Ozzie, this year they've both sucked ass. You were set with McCarthy in the rotation (showing every making of a stud, came in last year and saved the Sox, shutting down the league's top offenses) and El Duque as a long man in the pen, instead you go and trade for Vazquez who has sucked for years except for one game against the Sox, and take a guy who gives up the long ball in a park that gives up the long ball with the best of them, giving up a solid bullpen guy and a stud prospect in the prospect. You make the right move by parting with Rowand (but again give up too much on the minor leaguers) to make way for the Anderson era (who would be a ROTY candidate if played everyday, instead of mainly starting against lefties, when he statiscally hits righties better), but then Ozzie f***s up with his Mackowiak mancrush (like Timo last year), who is in bewilderment on what he is doing in Center, saying he sucks defensively there, even though everyone knew Mack would be a nice bat off the bench and fill in for Joe or the corner outfielders (though he gets put in Center, where he costs us some games, which would help tremendously right now). Team was built to win now, this team will be a mess in a few years

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I'll take bets on a DP by Gooch.

I love how our players wait until there's an opportunity for a DP to hit perfectly positioned ground balls.

If we lose, that should be about it. You can't realistically expect this ballclub to go on a 11-1 run, whereas hoping Minnesota or Detroit collapse.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I'm so glad I'm not at this game.

So was Rogers worth $8m to the Tigs? I couldn't believe they offered him that in the offseason but thanks to his dominance of the Sox this year, he's basically guaranteeing them a playoff spot.

The 8 mil was worth it. Look at what some of these other guys are getting.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I'm so glad I'm not at this game.

So was Rogers worth $8m to the Tigs? I couldn't believe they offered him that in the offseason but thanks to his dominance of the Sox this year, he's basically guaranteeing them a playoff spot.

You design you team around your division foes. Who cares about everyone else, as long as you get in the dance you have as good a shot as anyone, provided your pitching is up to par.