LOST! thread

southsider2k5

I was just too lazy to post.

I thought it was good but it's tough to compare to some of the 'wow' episodes of the past few weeks. I liked how the showed Desmonds flashes so you could see how they worked. I liked the beginning where Charlie died (too bad that couldn't have been real). I really liked Sawyer this episode, his line about making a mixed tape was great.

BTW I read in the RedEye this morn:

According to tvguide.com, at least five characters will die on the ABC show in May. Executive producer Carlton Cuse also told the site that during the two-hour season finale on May 22, Jack and Locke will battle. Their showdown will have "an extremely significant outcome for the future of the castaways," he said.

In two weeks the episode summary is that Locke leaves the Others and grabs Sawyer to deal with a problem that's altered both of their lives. (the real sawyer)

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
I was just too lazy to post.

I thought it was good but it's tough to compare to some of the 'wow' episodes of the past few weeks. I liked how the showed Desmonds flashes so you could see how they worked. I liked the beginning where Charlie died (too bad that couldn't have been real). I really liked Sawyer this episode, his line about making a mixed tape was great.

BTW I read in the RedEye this morn:

According to tvguide.com, at least five characters will die on the ABC show in May. Executive producer Carlton Cuse also told the site that during the two-hour season finale on May 22, Jack and Locke will battle. Their showdown will have "an extremely significant outcome for the future of the castaways," he said.

In two weeks the episode summary is that Locke leaves the Others and grabs Sawyer to deal with a problem that's altered both of their lives. (the real sawyer)

Watched it after I got home form the game. Not really in a Lost mood but I watched it anyway. Thought the episode in total was ok with the last few minutes being good. Most times these things lead to something else. Day 2 and 3 of the Juliet week.

I believe the deaths will be related to the "purge" spoken of by Mikhail not the Losties or the Others. The sex thing is stupid and to soap operaish me.

The real Sawyer is a pretty cool thing and it will be interesting to see how Locke handles it.

Wait, what's the real Sawyer thing? What did I miss?

The sex thing is the worst thing to ever happen to this show. I've expressed my dislike for it previously.

Overall, the episode was ok. I knew it wasn't going to be Penny. I never thought for a second that it was, so there was no surprise or twist. Nothing too shocking or ground-breaking in this one, just advanced the plot a little more.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
What is the real Sawyer? And Sawyer better not die, he's right behind Sayid as my favorite Character (with Jack being a close 3rd).

Highlight below if you want to know about the 'real' Sawyer. It's not a spoiler persay, if you followed the clues it points to a character with a link between Sawyer and Locke.

At the age of eight, Sawyers' parents were swindled out of their life savings by a man known as Sawyer, who slept with James' mother. James ultimately witnessed his father murder his mother, and finally turn the gun on himself in despair. James wrote a letter to the con man, hoping to deliver it to him personally.

All clues point to this con man being Anthony Cooper/Adam Seward, aka Locke's Dad. Taken from LostPedia.com:

"Astute fans have noted that the names "Anthony Cooper, Adam Seward" is an anagram for "Sawyer, the con man, a poor dad."

It is suspected that Cooper has some connection to Sawyer (and the original Sawyer), since the two are con-men. Also, there was mention that Sawyer had been to Tallahassee himself, and Cooper is referred to as "The Man From Tallahassee". "

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 07:29 PM)
I believe the deaths will be related to the "purge" spoken of by Mikhail not the Losties or the Others.

Sorry, all this stuff gets really confusing, but what is this "purge" you speak of?

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Sorry, all this stuff gets really confusing, but what is this "purge" you speak of?

When Sayid, Locke, Rousseau and Kate arrived at the Flame Station Mikhail spoke that he was the last remaining member of Dharma and that the purge elimianted the other members. Something like this. The flashback in a couple weeks will cover this. He said that he had agreed to mind his own busniness and never bother them. This was later proved wrong as he is an Other and not part of the Dharma initiative. The deaths are assumed to be related to the covering of the purge events and how Dharma and the Others interact.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
When Sayid, Locke, Rousseau and Kate arrived at the Flame Station Mikhail spoke that he was the last remaining member of Dharma and that the purge elimianted the other members. Something like this. The flashback in a couple weeks will cover this. He said that he had agreed to mind his own busniness and never bother them. This was later proved wrong as he is an Other and not part of the Dharma initiative. The deaths are assumed to be related to the covering of the purge events and how Dharma and the Others interact.

Ohhhhh yeah... Thanks.

Yeah, the end really left you with a different feeling, once again. Now we see Juliet's true feelings for Ben, and that makes it seem like her trying to get Jack to kill Ben on the operating table was for real.

The scene with the Russian showing back up was awesome. That was the last guy I ever expected to see come running out of the jungle. I wonder what the deal with the security gate really was now?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
Yeah, the end really left you with a different feeling, once again. Now we see Juliet's true feelings for Ben, and that makes it seem like her trying to get Jack to kill Ben on the operating table was for real.

The scene with the Russian showing back up was awesome. That was the last guy I ever expected to see come running out of the jungle. I wonder what the deal with the security gate really was now?

No kidding. That and the (spoiler alert!!!) parachute girl saying that they found the plane and they were all dead, made me scream at the top of my lungs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
No kidding. That and the (spoiler alert!!!) parachute girl saying that they found the plane and they were all dead, made me scream at the top of my lungs.

Yeah, that was incredible. Now we have to figure out who would set that up, and why. Damn. I know people get frustrated at times by this show, but if you look at it from a big picture standpoint, I fully believe there is nothing better on TV now, well except the White Sox.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
Yeah, that was incredible. Now we have to figure out who would set that up, and why. Damn. I know people get frustrated at times by this show, but if you look at it from a big picture standpoint, I fully believe there is nothing better on TV now, well except the White Sox.

Heroes is right there for me as well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)

I thought it was a good and bad episode. The side-story (parachute lady) was ten times more interesting than Sun's lame flashback. Everything in the flashback we knew already: Sun doesn't want to bring shame to Jin, Jin's father is a good man, Jin has a crappy relationship with her father, etc etc. Nothing new. I think the whole point was to bring Juliette back into the 'good' guys group. At some point they need to stop toying with us. Two weeks ago (or maybe one week ago, I can't remember), we see her talking with Ben about how they're going to come capture some of the losties and how she's in on it. And then in this episode she says she hates Ben.

I think one of the main themes so far in the show is death and murder and the result of that. So far the people that have killed before (unjustified) have been killed, either by someone else or by smokey. For example Eko and Ana Lucia. Juliette killed the one Other guy and then was 'marked.' I think that somehow tells smokey that the killing was ok or justified so that it doesn't go after her. This could be a reason that Juliette can't outright kill Ben. She wanted Jack to do it. She probably has to play along until she gets another shot at it.

This idea was sorta reenforced last night. Charlie killed before and has no problem killing the russian. Yet desmond says no and lets him go. This all fits with Charlie escaping death multiple times, he's supposed to be dead by now. It also fit with the preview for next week. Locke wants Sawyer to kill Ben becase he can't do it. He's been 'checked' by the monster in the past. He's 'looked into the eyes of the island' before and knows what the deal is. He wants Ben dead but can't do it. Sawyer is already 'tainted' because he's killed people in the past too.

So that brings us to my snippet above. Five people are going to die before the end of the season. If you look through the losties and remember who has killed people and who hasn't, I think those people that are going to die become evident.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 11:33 AM)
I thought it was a good and bad episode. The side-story (parachute lady) was ten times more interesting than Sun's lame flashback. Everything in the flashback we knew already: Sun doesn't want to bring shame to Jin, Jin's father is a good man, Jin has a crappy relationship with her father, etc etc. Nothing new. I think the whole point was to bring Juliette back into the 'good' guys group. At some point they need to stop toying with us. Two weeks ago (or maybe one week ago, I can't remember), we see her talking with Ben about how they're going to come capture some of the losties and how she's in on it. And then in this episode she says she hates Ben.

I think one of the main themes so far in the show is death and murder and the result of that. So far the people that have killed before (unjustified) have been killed, either by someone else or by smokey. For example Eko and Ana Lucia. Juliette killed the one Other guy and then was 'marked.' I think that somehow tells smokey that the killing was ok or justified so that it doesn't go after her. This could be a reason that Juliette can't outright kill Ben. She wanted Jack to do it. She probably has to play along until she gets another shot at it.

This idea was sorta reenforced last night. Charlie killed before and has no problem killing the russian. Yet desmond says no and lets him go. This all fits with Charlie escaping death multiple times, he's supposed to be dead by now. It also fit with the preview for next week. Locke wants Sawyer to kill Ben becase he can't do it. He's been 'checked' by the monster in the past. He's 'looked into the eyes of the island' before and knows what the deal is. He wants Ben dead but can't do it. Sawyer is already 'tainted' because he's killed people in the past too.

So that brings us to my snippet above. Five people are going to die before the end of the season. If you look through the losties and remember who has killed people and who hasn't, I think those people that are going to die become evident.

why does he want ben dead?? i hope you meant to say he wants his dad AKA the real sawyer dead

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
Yeah, that was incredible. Now we have to figure out who would set that up, and why.

It makes you think there is a real reason why all these people with connections were on the same plane. That it is not just a coincidence. That this was an elaborate set-up from the start.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:45 AM)
why does he want ben dead?? i hope you meant to say he wants his dad AKA the real sawyer dead

not sure. maybe ben messed with him since the last time we saw him. The preview says he took 'ben' but then shows a guy with a potato sack over his head. it could be his 'dad' took on the name ben.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
It makes you think there is a real reason why all these people with connections were on the same plane. That it is not just a coincidence. That this was an elaborate set-up from the start.

Yeah you really start going back in your head at all of the chance meetings before the island and start to wonder where the set up began, and where the coincidence ended... if that is even the case here. Heck them "finding" the other plane could have been dharma covering their asses so the island doesn't get found.