Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell do you only take off .6 of a second when a guy has to catch the inbounds, then make a shot from 3 point range. You really think it takes less than a second for a shot to reach the goal from 20 feet away, much less having to catch the inbounds pass, just absolute Duke bulls***.

I agree with PH. I couldn't care less about who wins the game, infact I'd probably rather see Duke pull it off considering IU lost to them and BC is due to play them on Sunday, but that ending was an absolute disgrace. It's not physically possible for a shot to be caught and then shot and into the basket in less than a second. Disgusting.

Lost in all of this is a good home win by tSIU over Illinois State.

Illinois State has improved alot over the course of the season and have brought in consecutive good recruiting classes. They took the lead into halftime.

BTW, I dont think Bruce's job is in jeopardy. I hope not anyway, since he wants tSIU on the schedule, and I dont think that happens...and theres a slim chance of it anyway...without Bruce there. Not really any viable candidates either.

But I DO know Tubby's job down at UK is in peril, although they will let him retire or resign before they fire him IMO. And the two leading candidates to replace him, according to some little birdies, are current UMass head coach Travis Ford and Valpairiso assistant(and Homers son) Bryce Drew.

Nice win for the Hoosiers today handling Michigan without much problem, 76-61. DJ White and Rod Wilmont both had nice efforts. Offensively, the Hoosiers picked right up where they left off before s***ting the proverbial bed Tuesday night.

Now, for a big home game against Wisconsin on Wednesday night. Lots of road games left after that, but no more OSU or Wisconsin, so all of them are winnable.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
Lost in all of this is a good home win by tSIU over Illinois State.

Illinois State has improved alot over the course of the season and have brought in consecutive good recruiting classes. They took the lead into halftime.

BTW, I dont think Bruce's job is in jeopardy. I hope not anyway, since he wants tSIU on the schedule, and I dont think that happens...and theres a slim chance of it anyway...without Bruce there. Not really any viable candidates either.

But I DO know Tubby's job down at UK is in peril, although they will let him retire or resign before they fire him IMO. And the two leading candidates to replace him, according to some little birdies, are current UMass head coach Travis Ford and Valpairiso assistant(and Homers son) Bryce Drew.

Falker is getting to the point where he is unstoppable 1 on 1. Every team we play now throws double teams at him, the only way to guard him is to foul him and hope he misses his ft's(which he does a lot). The game wasn't pretty as we came out completely flat(we seem to do this against lesser opponents) but Randal, Jamaal and TY carried the team today and pulled out a W. Us and Creighton still tied atop the league at 8-3.

On a side note, after diving all over for a loose ball Tatum came out holding his leg and looked like he was in a lot of pain, I nearly had a heart attack. Turned out that it was only a cramp, thank god.

What are people's thoughts on DJ and next year?

He's averaging 14.2 points and 7.3 boards on the season (not blow away numbers I know). It's weird, I just averaged his conference totals, and they're right on par with that (14.9 and 7.4). It just seems like he's playing a lot better with each game, maybe it has something to do with the competition.

He's not on the board for this year or next on NBA Draft sites; however, I know he really wants to go. I wonder if he'd go, regardless when he got pick, or if he'd like to be as close to the top as possible.

I'm kind of nervous about it right now. I'd really love to see him play with EJ, as that could make for a scary tandem.

I guess it basically comes down to how IU and he does come March.

Does anyone have any reassuring or not so reassuring thoughts?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
What are people's thoughts on DJ and next year?

He's averaging 14.2 points and 7.3 boards on the season (not blow away numbers I know). It's weird, I just averaged his conference totals, and they're right on par with that (14.9 and 7.4). It just seems like he's playing a lot better with each game, maybe it has something to do with the competition.

He's not on the board for this year or next on NBA Draft sites; however, I know he really wants to go. I wonder if he'd go, regardless when he got pick, or if he'd like to be as close to the top as possible.

I'm kind of nervous about it right now. I'd really love to see him play with EJ, as that could make for a scary tandem.

I guess it basically comes down to how IU and he does come March.

Does anyone have any reassuring or not so reassuring thoughts?

I really don't think he's ready, not yet. Maybe it's the t-shirt he wears underneath his jersey but I believe there are still parts of his game he needs to work on. I will say though, at the beginning of the year I was completely unimpressed by him, as of late he's looked much, much better to me. Basketball wise, I think the smart move is to stay for his senior year.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
I really don't think he's ready, not yet. Maybe it's the t-shirt he wears underneath his jersey but I believe there are still parts of his game he needs to work on. I will say though, at the beginning of the year I was completely unimpressed by him, as of late he's looked much, much better to me. Basketball wise, I think the smart move is to stay for his senior year.

D-*

Row: read my post in the cbb thread

Row: 2nd sentence

greasy: lol

greasy: i'm not a professor ...i see it

greasy: no one will understand my post now

greasy: since it's IM related

greasy: but they'll deal

Row: hahaha