Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

The Bulls have no heart or balls, they have a horrible coach, their guards are too small, no inside scorer.

I was right about us all year after all, just got lucky to play the washed up Heat in the 1st round. If not for that, New Jersey beats us in round 1.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 11, 2007 -> 03:24 AM)
Neither one of them did anything while they were on the floor in the first half. I agree that Noch has been terrible. However, Brown has played pretty well for the most part.

Ben Gordon disappeared in the second half. This doesn't need to be said, but when he's not scoring, he's useless. He absolutely got dominated by Billups and Hamilton, blowing right by him no problem. Sefolosha was, at the very least, going to play defense.

Something had to be switched up. The Bulls' offense against that zone in the second half was worse than the Marquette offense I watched all year. Something had to change... nobody was in the middle of the zone.

Whatever. Hopefully the Knicks pick allows us to take a good back-to-the-basket player. I'd love Horford or Hibbert.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
I was right about us all year after all

If you ever f***ing wonder why people give you s*** from time to time, here's why. You were right all along... give me a f***ing break.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 10, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
If you ever f***ing wonder why people give you s*** from time to time, here's why. You were right all along... give me a f***ing break.

1. I really have no level of care for what people think of me on a message board since it's a message board.

2. When did I say this team would do anymore than get to Detroit and lose in the playoffs? I'm surprised they are going to get swept, but that's about it.

f***

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 10, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
Ben Gordon disappeared in the second half. This doesn't need to be said, but when he's not scoring, he's useless. He absolutely got dominated by Billups and Hamilton, blowing right by him no problem. Sefolosha was, at the very least, going to play defense.

Something had to be switched up. The Bulls' offense against that zone in the second half was worse than the Marquette offense I watched all year. Something had to change... nobody was in the middle of the zone.

Whatever. Hopefully the Knicks pick allows us to take a good back-to-the-basket player. I'd love Horford or Hibbert.

If I'm in charge I get a new guard (moving Gordon or Noc) and than get a big by swinging the other guy in a deal while using the Knicks pick to get another big guy (we also try to use PJ in a sign and trade as well to help balance salaries) and clearly we release Sweetney and consider moving Duhon if possible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 10, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Amazing what happens when you play some actual defense and hit a few shots.

And also what happens when you don't play defense and miss a few shots.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 10, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)

So we bench our best scorer for an offensively-challenged rookie who's done pretty much nothing all year? That's how we're gonna beat a team the caliber of Detroit? You can nit-pick (and I'm talking people in general) all you want. If we're relying on guys like Tyrus and Thano to save us, we're doomed already. At some point, you just have to realize that the team we're playing is better. Not just a little better, but considerably better. They have the better starting 5. They have the better bench. They have the experience and know-how that we still lack.

Lastly, the Bulls were not as good as they looked against Miami. Playing a team as old and injured as they were was the best thing that could've happened to them. This team still has a ways to go. And I don't have a problem with that. In the NBA, you have to take your lumps before/if you're able to get to the top. This is definitely a lump.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 10, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
And also what happens when you don't play defense and miss a few shots.

Yeah, I spoke a little too early.

Oh, and as far as the zone goes, and I'm glad my opinion was backed up by coach Skiles, the Bulls simply have missed open shots. Skiles thinks they missed 18-25 open jumpers tonight. I didn't think it was that many, but there were definitely good looks there that we just didn't knock down.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 10, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)
f*** this group of heartless, gutless, ballless chokers.

Great f***ing job

C'mon, Willie. I know it hurts, but you're better than that. Am I the only one that remembers the Jordan/Pippen Bulls getting smacked around 3 straight years before we got to the top? This current Bulls team was not going to win a championship under any circumstance. It's all about progression. We won 8 more regular season games than we did a year ago. We go to the second round this year. That's progess.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 10, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
C'mon, Willie. I know it hurts, but you're better than that. Am I the only one that remembers the Jordan/Pippen Bulls getting smacked around 3 straight years before we got to the top? This current Bulls team was not going to win a championship under any circumstance. It's all about progression. We won 8 more regular season games than we did a year ago. We go to the second round this year. That's progess.

Yay, someone I agree with!

Hopefully, this teaches these kids another lesson. They've had a big high and a gigantic low within about 3 weeks. Another major summer of work, another couple big guys through the draft and FA, a year of experience, and a year of age on all of these kids.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 10, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)

I'm sorry jordan, but I'm a youngin...all I know of the Bulls is blowing ass and have no recollection of the the MJ teams getting smacked around for 3 years.

Also, young, inexperienced, whatever they are...it is inexcusable to play a 19 point 2nd half lead in the playoffs.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 10, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
Now were feeling that loss to the Nets.

Ya...I remember when people said it was no big deal. Damn I would love to be playing anyone but Detroit right now.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 10, 2007 -> 11:24 PM)
Ya...I remember when people said it was no big deal. Damn I would love to be playing anyone but Detroit right now.

It hurt for a while, until we played the white hot grandpas. Now it hurts a helluva lot. I'd kill to play the Nets right now.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 11, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
So we bench our best scorer for an offensively-challenged rookie who's done pretty much nothing all year? That's how we're gonna beat a team the caliber of Detroit?

Our best scorer, when? He disappeared. He looked okay for about a second today (even broke some ankles late in the 1st half), but why is it taboo to play the guy who's playing better now? I definitely would have liked to see Thabo more, even though he's not (as you point out) the guy who'll make the difference in this series. We don't have that guy. So why not play the better defender?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 11, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
Am I the only one that remembers the Jordan/Pippen Bulls getting smacked around 3 straight years before we got to the top? This current Bulls team was not going to win a championship under any circumstance. It's all about progression. We won 8 more regular season games than we did a year ago. We go to the second round this year. That's progess.

This I agree with. At least now they know what it takes, and how far away they are. This Detroit team is title-quality.

Only problem, obviously, is that there's no Jordan now.