I'm a big Buehrle fan but this is obnoxious

FlaCWS

I think its pretty obvious and always has been that his dream is to play for the Cardinals. I'm not going to buy the comments Buerhle and/or his wife had about "hoping" the White Sox don't pick up his option. This guy said Buerhle has already spoken to the Cardinals. That would be tampering. The White Sox aren't playing so I have no problem with Buerhle putting on a Cardinal hat and rooting for the team he was a fan of long before he came to the White Sox. There's very little chance the option won't be picked up. If they pick it up and can't afford him, they easily could deal him for cheap prospects. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox seeing what they could get for him though. He was getting battered too much just to write it off as fatigue and saying he will bounce back next season. I

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
linky not working, could someone tell me what the article said?

That's just it, it's not an article it's a blog entry. I'm not so sure why everyone is so up in arms over this when 1.) This wasn't Mark talking to the media telling them he wants to play in St. Louis 2.) It's his wife supposedly saying these things to a friend 3.) It's likely that none of this even happened.

by Tella Real, mraspatello@rivalfish.com, Editor-in-Chief

I don't want to act too excited and crack bad jokes and ruin this very melancholy moment for myself, because Rivalfish is about to break it's first real news story. The minute I post this, I'll be on the phone with every radio station and sports TV outfit I know, trying to get some face times for yours truly and the brave Rivalfish correspondent who landed this story.

Above is John Conniff, longtime Rivalfish correspondent and contributor, and trusted source due to his access to some of the biggest names in sports. John was a guest in the Private Club Level at Game 3 of the World Series on Tuesday night. Chicago White Sox Pitcher Mark Buehrle and his wife were also present in the Private Club Level, guests of either the St. Louis Cardinals or someone associated with them.

John mingled with the Buehrles throughout the game, and at one point was part of a conversation between Jamie Buehrle (Mark's wife) and one of her girlfriends. Jamie expressed that Mark hopes that Kenny Williams will opt-out of his $9.5 million Club Option in the coming week, allowing Buehrle to seek a new team. Buehrle (above in Cardinals hat), a native of St. Charles, MO, is a long time fan of the Redbirds. Jamie confirmed that he has already spoken to the Cardinals, and is hoping to start next season in St. Louis. Ultimately, where he ends up is up to Kenny Williams. Mark Buerhle himself agreed that it was "out of his control" on Tuesday night. The deadline for this decision is Nov. 1.

Kenny, last year was a fluke. Don't let go of Marquee Mark!

1. I'm sure Buehrle nor his wife said anything about not wanting the Sox to pick up his contract option. That hurts the credibility of this right off the bat.

2. Regardless, the Sox are picking up his option.

3. I think Buehrle wants to be on the Sox, but it does bother me after a while that he openly roots for St. Louis.

4. There's no way he's had discussions with St. Louis since the season ended. They've been busy playing and I'm sure neither Buehrle or the Cardinals would even risk talking. Buehrle would lose all credibility with Sox brass and the Cardinals could be fined or have action taken against them by MLB if they were to tamper.

If it looks like s*** and smells like s***, it's s***. That's what I think overall about this "blog".

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
I'm unsure, but him in a Cardinals hat has to be against some rule...

f*** that, he's losing my love with this bulls***.

A rule against being a fan of your favorite childhood team would be the dumbest rule ever written.

I have no problem with Mark talking about the possibility of pitching for StL when his contract is up, because I believe he's professional enough to give his all to the Sox while he wears their uniform.

The thing to remember is that he was a kid once and his team as a kid was the Cards. You cannot take that out of him. If I was in his shoes I would root for them too. If he wants to pitch for them, so be it. He has to wait until his contract is up with the Sox. If he is openly talking about what the article said then I think that is piss poor on his part.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2006 -> 07:51 AM)
Just as a note...Jared Weaver was at the Cards game tonight decked out in full Cardinals gear to support his brother...in case anyone has a problem with MB supporting the Cards tonight.

I wouldn't trade MB. I think he'll bounce back and have a good 2007 and beyond. The question is whether he'll re-sign with the sox after 07. I have to think they'd be exchanging $'s now. But if MB's side isn't talking, and wants to wait for the CArds to come-a-calling, the sox would have to be looking to see what they could get for him. I'm sure the sox offer would make him the highest paid pitcher on the staff.

MB may like playing for the Sox. But his true love seems to be the Cards. WIth him only 1 yr away from signing with the Cards, why wouldn't Mark kind of wait things out as the Cards would seem to be an ideal fit for him from the Cards side. The sox may be forced into the position of trading him.

honestly.....none of that story bothered me........i dont care that he went to the cards WS game, reinsdorf was also there, mackowiak was at the cell for the sox in 05 when he was still a pirate

and i cant blame him for the contract....if they decline the option, he hits free agency a year younger, and he can probably sign a long term deal for more money....i dont think this is an issue of mark hating chicago and not fitting in with the guys in teh clubhouse or soemthing

I think it's great Mark had a Cardinals hat on and is supporting his

favorite team.

It's obvious he gives his all on the field for the White Sox.

Thing is, he was human last year on the mound and if we trade him now

the sting will not be nearly as bad.

Mark really was hittable the second half.

He was pretty bad.