Straight Ticket Voting

Soxy

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you vote straight ballot?

• Every Time
    • Frequently, but sometimes a goodie from another party will sneak onto the ballot
    • About half the time
    • Very infrequently
    • Nope
    • I'm lame (or underage) and don't vote

Ideally, I like to vote candidate by candidate. However, sometimes (like now, for instance) I think we need to change the ruling party, and I go straight Democrat.

It's no different than the politicians voting along party lines, and they hardly ever stray from that. Since they don't it's necessary to get them out.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
I never have, and I never will. If I was thinking about voting along straight party lines, I would rather stay home.

I have never gone into the booth intending on punching a straight party vote, although I have come close a couple times to voting for all candidates from the same party.

This time around, In my big three races, I voted for a Dem I think does an outstanding job, (Congressman Ruben Hinojosa :headbang ), a Rep who I respect (Senator Hutchinson :cheers ) and an Ind who I think would do a nice job and partly as a vote of no confidence for the party's nominations (Kinky for Gov. :lolhitting ) I supported Rep. Gov. Perry in the last election, but I've been greatly disappointed on his leadership. So despite my liberal leanings, my voting doesn't always reflect that.

I don't think I've ever voted straight ticket, unless it was a Primary and there were only a couple things to vote on.

QUOTE(Balance @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
While I lean Democratic, there's no way I'm voting for Stroger for county commissioner.

That race is terrible. 2 losers. There is no positive outcome there. But, I did end up voting GOP on that one.

This is the first, and hopefully last time, I'll be pulling a straight ticket ballot for the Democrats. Admittedly its because federally, I believe that the only way improvement comes to our government is through a balance of political power right now. Locally, our government has been GOP run for 25 years and the city I live in is forgotten.

I voted straight ticket one other time, I voted straight GOP in 2003.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
This is the first, and hopefully last time, I'll be pulling a straight ticket ballot for the Democrats. Admittedly its because federally, I believe that the only way improvement comes to our government is through a balance of political power right now. Locally, our government has been GOP run for 25 years and the city I live in is forgotten.

I voted straight ticket one other time, I voted straight GOP in 2003.

Rex, are you allowed to vote on straight tickets ;) ?

It looks like I will this year I was going to go with Renzi in AZ-01 but now he is under investigation by the justice department he doesn't show up for debates and refuses to return phone calls. Renzi will still win because the DNC hasn't put money into this race mainly because this Justice department investigation came out to late and the fact that there are so many other competitive races and maybe the DNC will make a last second charge out here even though it seems unlikely.

The DNC isn't putting a lot of money into campaigns, but it has put money into Arizona. The DNC has been focusing on a "50 state strategy," growing the party at all levels across the country. For example the DNC funds three full time staffers in every state now, helping to grow the party and win elections at all levels. The DCCC (Congressional Campaign Committee) is going into record levels of debt because there are too many competitive races this time around.... At the beginning of the year, they were expecting 15-20 races worth putting money down for. Now that number has ballooned to about 60.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm even not voting straight ticket. Really dislike the guy the Dems are running for Insurance Commissioner out here, IIRC.

Ya, a good chunk of the dems are even voting for the GOP insurance comissioner. He's a really really strong candidate, imo. Too bad we have the biggest knuckleheads in the world running for attorney general. UGGGH. Jerry Brown may actually be our attorney general, quite possibly the one person who was an even worse governor than Gray Davis. In fact I'm almost positive Brown was worse.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
LOL

After saying that I don't vote straight ticket, today was the first time it happened. Either all of them were unopposed, or I couldn't vote for them.

And I held my nose and voted for Perry. Ick.

Looks like Kinky is leading in the Soxtalk/Texas Gubernatorial election!

Thinky Kinky!!!