PS3

IlliniKrush

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
Brian wants one, but will not pay that price. He said his PS2 will do until the prices come down or he can score a used one.

Good idea. I plan to do the same. My ps2 works fine and I don't want to take out a small business loan for a gaming system that isn't even as powerful as my computer.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I'll be waiting a few years when the price drops.

Same here. These gaming prices are ridiculous.

I wonder when the price will drop and how much.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
BTW, isn't it a bad idea to by a system when it launches? There usually seem to be bugs in systems when they 1st launch, and they usually work on the kinks after a few months.

It is, but the people who want it don't care.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
I'm considering attempting to buy one and then selling it, seems like they are going for a ton.

I am doing the same. I'm gonna make some calls tomorrow Brian and than I'll shoot ya back what I find out (in terms of camping out and what stores have the most coming). Its gonna be hella hard though. I wish I didn't have work cause than I would camp out earlier and make 100% sure that I'd get one.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
I'm considering attempting to buy one and then selling it, seems like they are going for a ton.

Pfftt... your folks spent all that money on college for nothing!

;)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
I am doing the same. I'm gonna make some calls tomorrow Brian and than I'll shoot ya back what I find out (in terms of camping out and what stores have the most coming). Its gonna be hella hard though. I wish I didn't have work cause than I would camp out earlier and make 100% sure that I'd get one.

Hmm.... perhaps I should get in on this plan. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Pfftt... your folks spent all that money on college for nothing!

;)

Hmm.... perhaps I should get in on this plan. :ph34r:

Ya, it is an easy 1000 buck profit, imo. Could be even more. All in staying up/camping out for a few hr's. That said people are gonna probably have to get in line pretty early to get it. I've hired someone to wait in line for me before I get off work (for free too, lol....its the beauty about having friends owe you a favor) to help improve my chances.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 04:07 AM)
I have this really cool invention called a "PC" that allows me to do everything this "PS3" you've described does... plus it comes with free naked ladies...

there is a reason that consoles make so much money, and im pretty sure your PC cant play games without a crazy amount of lag that are capable on the ps3/xbox360.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
there is a reason that consoles make so much money, and im pretty sure your PC cant play games without a crazy amount of lag that are capable on the ps3/xbox360.

then you've never played PC games... Quite the opposite. Think about the computing power of some of the best gaming PCs out there. They blow away a console.

they're literally toys in comparison

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 06:53 AM)
then you've never played PC games... Quite the opposite. Think about the computing power of some of the best gaming PCs out there. They blow away a console.

they're literally toys in comparison

This is true. But I've always preferred the console over the PC.

As far as the PS3, I plan to buy it for the new Final Fantasy and because they are remaking FF7 with the revamed gameplay.

I think people are overestimating the interest in the market for the PS3.

The number of "brow-beaten" moms and dads buying will be a lot less with that $600 price tag.

Two-three hundred bucks for a system is easier to drop down for the average parent than $600. Especially with many stores eliminating lay-away.

Also, I predict that the secondary market could be tougher in the turnaround than many of you who are looking for the fast buck, think.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
I miss my atari 2600.

:crying

They brought it back, ya know? I just saw an add for it the other day, and it looks like it's the real thing...cartridges and all. I may have been wacky though. I know they have the version that has the games built into it (console and all), but I am pretty sure there is one with the cartirdges.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
Yawn. Maybe in a few years, but the whole $600 price tag, plus artificial scarcity equals no interest from me. My PS 2 works just fine, thank you.

I know this is beside your point, but I've bought three ps2's and they all broke.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 07:50 AM)
I think people are overestimating the interest in the market for the PS3.

The number of "brow-beaten" moms and dads buying will be a lot less with that $600 price tag.

Two-three hundred bucks for a system is easier to drop down for the average parent than $600. Especially with many stores eliminating lay-away.

Also, I predict that the secondary market could be tougher in the turnaround than many of you who are looking for the fast buck, think.

Have you looked on Ebay lately? People are already bidding on these things.