Sox & Angels Talking; Crede/Garcia for Santana/Figgins

Steve9347

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
It would be really hard to turn that down, but we all know Bmac for Crawford isn't going to get it done, might not even be that close.

No chance McCarthy for Crawford gets it done, and I'm not sure how much of a match the Sox are with the DRays. Crawford may be KW's #1 goal, but it's going to cost McCarthy as well as pitching prospects, and perhaps non-OF prospects offensively. KW's going to have a hell of a time getting Crawford, but I would absolutely love him patrolling LF for the Sox for a while.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
I have no idea how that stupid smiley thing got in there

B + ) = smiley

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
If your talking about the Crede/Garcia-Figgins/Santana,ask The Score, The Trib, and the LA Times, not Soxtalk...

its all a bunch of damn rumors, just like the cubs offering schmidt that contract, they never did. i could see a deal involving garcia nd santana but not crede.

QUOTE(supernuke @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
I get the feeling that Ozzie isn't thrilled with Bmac so Kenny is looking at Santana to make Bmac expendable. I would have no problem seeing Bmac sent to the D-rays for Crawford but I think TB will be looking for a package that is at least the equivilant of what the Yanks got for Sheffield.

one can only dream about having crawford...we need a player like that. we dont have that great* player. yes pk, dye, crede theyre good. but im talking about a great player like teams in our division have, sizemore,mauer. i can just picture it, crawford running wild on victor martinez :)

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
one can only dream about having crawford...we need a player like that. we dont have that great* player. yes pk, dye, crede theyre good. but im talking about a great player like teams in our division have, sizemore,mauer. i can just picture it, crawford running wild on victor martinez :)

I'd love to have Crawford.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
i got to admit I'd really like it:

Figgy

Pods

Dye

Thome

Konerko

AJP

Iguchi

Fields

Uribe

I know its not quite as good of a lineup power wise (but we have tons of power anyway) but it definately is one capable of manufacturing runs. And if Pods struggles, we would have more than enough prospects to be able to acquire an outfielder at some point in time.

Figgins and Pods on the same team? Time to find a barf bag.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Figgins and Pods on the same team? Time to find a barf bag.

but there would be so many opportunities to see Pods walk, get thrown out stealing, and then see Chone K. Or if Pods still led off, we could see Chone single, steal second and third, and Pods take strike three looking.

QUOTE(supernuke @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
I get the feeling that Ozzie isn't thrilled with Bmac so Kenny is looking at Santana to make Bmac expendable. I would have no problem seeing Bmac sent to the D-rays for Crawford but I think TB will be looking for a package that is at least the equivilant of what the Yanks got for Sheffield.

If we get rid of a cheap good pitcher because Ozzie isnt too thrilled, then Ozzie needs to be canned along with anyone who listened to him.

I guess everyone just really wants the good ol days, when we had a great offense and so so pitching.

Yeah maybe we can keep fighting the royals for 5th in a few years with that mentality.

f*** Crawford, get pitching pitching and more pitching. What in the name of god do you think that he is going to do when he gets into the cell. Do you really thing he wont go for hte long ball. Come one, your fast, great all around player will bulk up and become another corner OF.

I know people have their heart set on Crawford, but in my mind if you get Santana, you keep both him and B-Mac.

So some alternatives, what about Ryan Freel?

Wayne Krivsky seems like the type of GM who would like a Scott Podsednik to me. He's from the Twins school of thought where you try to manufacture runs remember.

And you know he loves his bullpen pieces.

So I wonder if you could offer a package like Pods + a bullpen piece for Freel?

It's probably not going to happen, but if the Reds don't resign Weathers, they'll want to sure that position in the pen I would imagine.

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Last year

Crawford vs. Cleveland: on base 11 times (no xbh) 3 stolen bases

Podsednik vs. Cleveland: on base 19 times (no xbh) 9 stolen bases

Oddly enough all of Carl Crawford's SBs against the Indians last year were at the expense of Kelly Shoppach. Which I suppose is a good thing since there's a damn good chance V-Mart will not be the starting catcher for the Indians next year seeing as how he's Piazza-esque behind the plate.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Shocking. :P

It's bound to happen. This place could get pretty scary if Jesus Cre, uh, I mean Joe Crede got traded...

From what I gather, a sizable percentage of members are open to trading Crede if the return package is appropriate. Doesn't mean everyone -- especially those holding sentimental value -- would approve of it, but I don't believe it'd reach the level of craziness if say McCarthy were delt.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Based on the fact the Sox played Cleveland about 19 times and Tampa played them maybe 6 or 9, what is the point of this?

He had 21 ab's which is a small sample size anyway, but who cares how many sb's he had when he batted .429 .478 against them, he had 9 hits 5 rbis 3 walks in 21 at bats, that better than PODS anyway.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
From what I gather, a sizable percentage of members are open to trading Crede if the return package is appropriate. Doesn't mean everyone -- especially those holding sentimental value -- would approve of it, but I don't believe it'd reach the level of craziness if say McCarthy were delt.

In value terms, young quality starting pitching pitching >>>> almost anything else on the diamond.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
In value terms, young quality starting pitching pitching >>>> almost anything else on the diamond.

Yes. Because even if you don't need them and if you have needs elsewhere young starting pitching is the best bargaining chip to obtain it.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
Besides the fact that one of our top 2 prospects plays third.

Exactly. Fields at this point in time is a shadow of Crede. Defensively, it's no contest. Offensively, Fields is totally unknown and Crede has proven he can be a productive ML hitter. Anderson couldn't replicate Rowand's production, I damn ain't betting that Feilds can replace Crede. Not yet, anyway.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
Exactly. Fields at this point in time is a shadow of Crede. Defensively, it's no contest. Offensively, Fields is totally unknown and Crede has proven he can be a productive ML hitter. Anderson couldn't replicate Rowand's production, I damn ain't betting that Feilds can replace Crede. Not yet, anyway.

As seen at SSS

Fields, Age 23, SL, 133 games, 358 TC, 24 E, 22 DP, .933 FPCT

Crede, Age 22, SL, 135 games, 328 TC, 19 E, 20 DP, .942 FPCT