McCarthy Traded to Texas

SnB

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is terrible. McCarthy could very well be an excellent pitcher in a few short seasons. Garland is due a big payday and most likely won't be around for much longer but McCarthy could have been a staple for a long time.

If they keep trading for the future, there won't be any future to wait for.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Even though this trade kina blows for this year. Our rotation could be young, cheap and filthy in the next few years.

1. Danks

2. Gio

3. Floyd

4. Broadway

5. Haeger

Would definitely be young and cheap.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Even though this trade kina blows for this year. Our rotation could be young, cheap and filthy in the next few years.

1. Danks

2. Gio

3. Floyd

4. Broadway

5. Haeger

You're assuming that they develop, and also if they do develop, how long will they be here for before they restock again ?

2009 rotation

Danks

Floyd

Gonzalez

Broadway

Haeger

(Not Necessarily in that order)

That looks pretty solid to me, with guys not making it and other guys unexpectedly coming around, i think we would have a rotation pretty close to this (Floyd prob most likely not to make it tho)

Our bullpen will only get stronger until then, as they are all young and good hard throwers

basically Kenny set us up for a monster pitching staff, and maybe he believes he can trade some excess pitching that we'll probably have for some good position players

LF---- Owens

CF--- Anderson

RF--- Sweeney

SS--- A. Gonzalez (or Robert Valido)

2B--- Pedro Lopez

3B--- Fields

1B--- Rogowski

DH--- Konerko

not to bad of a lineup there, with only ss and 2b looking weak to me (owens will be better than pods, jsut give him some time, hes actually really athletic and just started focusing on baseball full time a couple of years ago)

but this looks like a minnesota lineup to me, and how many WS have they won recently?

QUOTE(philadelphia sox fan @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
This is terrible. McCarthy could very well be an excellent pitcher in a few short seasons. Garland is due a big payday and most likely won't be around for much longer but McCarthy could have been a staple for a long time.

If they keep trading for the future, there won't be any future to wait for.

Since when is Garland due a big pay day? We owe him $22 million over the next two seasons.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
First the important stuff == merry christmas to all.

Second, KW has always had a hard on for Danks. I believe we drafted his brother, tried to sign him and lost him to Texas.

Third, we know Buehrle is gone if not before the season, then during the season.

Danks is left-handed. BMac is not.

And, finally, Masset could help in the pen.

The question I keep asking is: Danks is a former first rounder, left handed and the top rated pick in the Texas system. Why would the Rangers give up on him.?

I thought Hurley was their number 1.

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
2009 rotation

Danks

Floyd

Gonzalez

Broadway

Haeger

(Not Necessarily in that order)

Floyd does not deserve a rotation spot at this point in his carear.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Since when is Garland due a big pay day? We owe him $22 million over the next two seasons.

After those two seasons?

I can't believe this. Bmac was a virtually lock to be a starting pitcher for us, now we trade him to Texas for minor league prospects. Has KW lost his mind?? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

These prospects we got better turn out pretty good or we'll have one bad pitching staff.

:angry:

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
LF---- Owens

CF--- Anderson

RF--- Sweeney

SS--- A. Gonzalez (or Robert Valido)

2B--- Pedro Lopez

3B--- Fields

1B--- Rogowski

DH--- Konerko

not to bad of a lineup there, with only ss and 2b looking weak to me (owens will be better than pods, jsut give him some time, hes actually really athletic and just started focusing on baseball full time a couple of years ago)

but this looks like a minnesota lineup to me, and how many WS have they won recently?

Oh god. Easily a 100 loss lineup right there. Yuck.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
Didn't you say Mac and Danks are pretty much equal? We got Danks, Masset and another prospect back. Who's to say we couldn't trade that to Tampa?

I would say, talent-wise Danks is valued a little higher, especially since he is a lefty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
I'll be thrilled if 2 of them are solid MLB starters.

ugh... we better be lucky then.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I am actually for this deal for a different reason and its because of some inside stuff I know about the situation. Danks is a studly prospect (definately the caliber of McCarthy, although not as developed so there is a risk with that) and Massett is a very good looking young reliever.

So are you saying we should be happy?

Tucson faced both Masset and Danks last year. Danks had 8K's in 5 innings but had to throw many pitches (95 giving up 2 runs). Chris Young led off the game with a ringing triple off the CF wall after that he only gave up three more hits afterwards, but struggled with his command 95 pitches 51 strikes. Masset really struggled in this game he gave up a single to Matt Erickson, struck out Robby Hammock but he reached on a Wild Pitch, Young singled, Hariston singled and Carter blasted a Fastball halfway to St. Louis before being pulled.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
I would say, talent-wise Danks is valued a little higher, especially since he is a lefty.

I really enjoy having two of the top five left-handed pitching prospects in our system now, but I'm still very uneasy about 2007 at this point in time.