McCarthy Traded to Texas

SnB

QUOTE(beautox @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
I hope to see Mark moved maybe to St. Louis for Reyes/Wainwright and Anderson/Rasmus or possibly to Toronto for Rios and a prospect.

I love the over reaction on the board. Have some faith.

please, i want NOTHING from st.louis. especially reyes.

but I agree, I'm sick of the overreaction

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
im still waiting for someone to name a pitching prospect that the white sox traded and then that prospect became good. has not happened in the last 20 years at least, and therefore, I have every reason to believe the white sox are right again.

Pitching prospect or pitchers in genereal? Beacuse in your previous post you mentioned names such as Alvarez, Fernandez, Wells who really weren't prospects when they were traded.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
If not then KW just started that trend now...

you dont know that! people said the same thing when they let alex fernandez, Wilson Alverez, and kip wells go, and none of those pitchers had fine careers after the white sox.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Pitching prospect or pitchers in genereal? Beacuse in your previous post you mentioned names such as Alvarez, Fernandez, Wells who really weren't prospects when they were traded.

well they were let go and people complained about that. I guess my point is that this franchise HAS had some very good talent "leave" and do nothing afterwords. so i guess i mean pitchers in general

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
Suuuuure.

But hey gang, how's that Olivo HOF ceremony going to be? I'm thinking of attending. Do you think it'll be crowded?

lol, right after the Josh Fogg and Kip Wells Ceremony I take it... too funny.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
im still waiting for someone to name a pitching prospect that the white sox traded and then that prospect became good. has not happened in the last 20 years at least, and therefore, I have every reason to believe the white sox are right again.

Yet you want to trust the system that has not produced any good pitchers to develop good pitchers?

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
please, i want NOTHING from st.louis. especially reyes.

but I agree, I'm sick of the overreaction

:cheers

With Gio and Danks, the sox have there future/s LHP, Wainwright and Reyes interest me. Reyes much like McCarthy has been constantly jerked around that organization, i would love to see him and his flat billed cap on the south side.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
So do you like Floyd as our 5th starter? Then eventually us bringing up Gio Gonzalez or Danks to try and fill that hole when Floyd f***s up?

And you don't know if Danks is going to be a ton better in 2 years.

Haeger is going to be a good fifth starter. Masset should complete the bullpen. Floyd, Danks, Gio et al give the Sox good SP prospects in the minors.

KW knows what he's doing.

If we were looking to trade BMAC, why the hell didnt we get Crawford or someone of the sort for him instead of more pitching spects. Danks is good and Masset could be in our pen this year, but seriously this is almost a step back. I would have rather traded someone more expensive at least.

Almost a step back??? It is definitely and obviously a step back for 2007. I really didn't think KW would give up this much and hurt our 2007 penant chances this much.

I haven't seen all 15 pages, but my guess is most people dislike this trade?

I can't say I like getting rid of BMac. I think he'll be a good SP in the AL, with the ability to regularly post a sub 4.00 ERA. But I really like Danks. And Masset has a high ceiling as well.

But for those people saying the sox are writing off 2007--step away from the ledge. The sox have gotten two probable top of the rotation SP's [ in Gio and Danks] and two very good arms [in Floyd and MAsset] for BMac and Freddy. And all four guys the sox have gotten should help the sox in 2007.

With the sox top competition being heavy on lefty hitters [Mauer, Morneau, Hafner, Sizemore], getting guys like Danks and Gio into the sox rotation in the next yr or two will make that much better able to beat those teams.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
Yet you want to trust the system that has not produced any good pitchers to develop good pitchers?

your point helps me, because if our system has not produced anybody good, then that trend should continue on with mccarthy, and if that is the case, 3 pitchers > 1 pitcher

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Almost a step back??? It is definitely and obviously a step back for 2007. I really didn't think KW would give up this much and hurt our 2007 penant chances this much.

IT'S A 5TH STARTER!!!!!!

Really, it's not like BMac was projected to be a #1 this year or anything. Moreover, I dont believe he would have ever been a #1

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I'd imagine the Sox either to be on the verge of a major trade or that they've got some information about McCarthy that makes dealing him NOW desirable.

exactly. I lean more towards the "something that the fans dont know" sort of thinking.

QUOTE(philadelphia sox fan @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
Agree 100%. This guy had his chance and he dropped the ball.

I'd like to go back and see how many people said this about Thornton too. I guess I'm one of the few that's not upset with this trade at all...because personally...just wasn't sold on McCarthy being a consistant pitcher at this level. Obviously KW isn't just going to toss a couple starters away for nothing...give it a chance.

Arms added: Sisco, Aardsma, Gio, Danks, Masset, Floyd (not a bad collection of young talent)

Arms lost: Freddy, Cotts, McCarthy

Arms to be counted on:

MB: contract year...will come back strong IMO

Garland: most consistant pitcher the past two seasons

Count: Very consistant past few years

Javy: Pitched very well at the end of last year

Come off the ledge people...we're in good shape next year....and KW's seeing to it that we'll be well off for the future as well. He's not s***cannin' '07.

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE(beautox @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
:cheers

With Gio and Danks, the sox have there future/s LHP, Wainwright and Reyes interest me. Reyes much like McCarthy has been constantly jerked around that organization, i would love to see him and his flat billed cap on the south side.

we already have an ugly and fat pitcher. we dont need another one haha

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
IT'S A 5TH STARTER!!!!!!

Really, it's not like BMac was projected to be a #1 this year or anything. Moreover, I dont believe he would have ever been a #1

exactly. I lean more towards the "something that the fans dont know" sort of thinking.

It's a step back because you know Count is good for a DL stint or 2. Is MB going to rebound? Will Vaz every find his stuff back from his Montreal days? Will Garland even be on this team? Too many questions marks when you had a guy ready to step into the rotation with not much of a drop off.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I'd like to go back and see how many people said this about Thornton too. I guess I'm one of the few that's not upset with this trade at all...because personally...just wasn't sold on McCarthy being a consistant pitcher at this level. Obviously KW isn't just going to toss a couple starters away for nothing...give it a chance.

Arms added: Sisco, Aardsma, Gio, Danks, Masset, Floyd (not a bad collection of young talent)

Arms to be counted on:

Come off the ledge people...we're in good shape next year....and KW's seeing to it that we'll be well off for the future as well. He's not s***cannin' '07.

good to see another thinking white sox fan. I am so damn tired of people on this board falling in love with players. I call it Aaron Roawand disease. If people are worried about the 5th starter you need to find another hobby or something

QUOTE(Wanne @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)

Arms added: Sisco, Aardsma, Gio, Danks, Masset, Floyd

Arms to be counted on:

Get out of here with that logic and reason!

You must not have gotten your invitation to McCarthy's Cy Young ceremony from now until his retirement and you're just bitter about that. That's gotta be it. :P

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
It's a step back because you know Count is good for a DL stint or 2. Is MB going to rebound? Will Vaz every find his stuff back from his Montreal days? Will Garland even be on this team? Too many questions marks when you had a guy ready to step into the rotation with not much of a drop off.

What do you mean that Contreras is known to be good for a DL stint or two? He's as likely to stay healthy as anyone on our staff IMO but anyway, I'm sick of hearing people talk about him as being fragile or something.