Soxtalk Softball Info

TornLabrum

From what I remember last year there was talk of doing our own patio party but the mods knew with the minimum required to make it worthwhile for the Sox, we wouldn't have enough.

I was at COTC this year for the first time--the A's game which was Frank's first back at the Cell. You know, the one with the squirrel, LOL?

I have no problem with them or what the event is called. We're all in the same boat.

Or, as Al Sharpton said on TV last night: "Since we're all in the same ark let's try not to crap on the floor."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
From what I remember last year there was talk of doing our own patio party but the mods knew with the minimum required to make it worthwhile for the Sox, we wouldn't have enough.

I was at COTC this year for the first time--the A's game which was Frank's first back at the Cell. You know, the one with the squirrel, LOL?

I have no problem with them or what the event is called. We're all in the same boat.

Or, as Al Sharpton said on TV last night: "Since we're all in the same ark let's try not to crap on the floor."

You only need 20 to start your own party, not quite sure why we Couldnt get it off the ground last year, but since last summer, this board has grown quite a bit. This board can EASILY do their own now if we want.

Just say the word GO and we can do it ........ I already have that same FORM downloaded, and we simply need to pick a Date.

Ive been to a couple of these "Core" events, and there was a bit of uneasiness at one of the Core events.

Not worth re-hashing all over again, but when I was a member of that other board, I do remember feeling uneasy about things, and wondering why we couldnt all get along. We're all Sox fans :)

When I was at last year's I didn't meet one person. I didn't know who was who. This year we should have SOME sort of identifying piece of gear/clothing/pin/nametag... anything.

I didn't hear any backbiting in the seats last year--I was too busy watching the squirrel.

If you want to max out the number and have it soxtalk.com only, have members invite friends, family, etc.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
When I was at last year's I didn't meet one person. I didn't know who was who. This year we should have SOME sort of identifying piece of gear/clothing/pin/nametag... anything.

I didn't hear any backbiting in the seats last year--I was too busy watching the squirrel.

If you want to max out the number and have it soxtalk.com only, have members invite friends, family, etc.

Where were you sitting? Jim and I and Southsider were in the front row.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Where were you sitting? Jim and I and Southsider were in the front row.

I wasn't front row, further back.

But I'll make sure to know what some of you look like this year beforehand so we can all hang.

Maybe the squirrel will show up again this year...

• 4 weeks later...

Attached is the updated roster. Please let me know if you signed up and don't see your name on there and I'll take care of adding it. For some players I didn't get there positions they would prefer (not a big deal).

If anything has changed and you can no longer make it, please let me know:

Moniker Age Position

Chisoxfn 23 Wherever

Southsider 33 Whereever

Greg Pratt 18 P, 1B, 2B

Kapkomet Wherever

Shipps Wherever

JDDirtySox 27 SS, OF

Joeynach 2B, SS, 3B

FlashTizzle 22 2B, SS, 3B

NorthsideSox72 1B, 2B, 3B, P

Reddy 20 CF, 2B, SS

Hangar18 30 2B, C

RibbieRubarb 35 Infield, C

elamin 22 2B, 3B

Hangar18 Friend 30 3B

TitoMB345 18 1B, LF

TheWood Need Info

RobinVentura23 Need Info

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
now are we playing against each other or against WSI?

Against WSI. I should note that some of the roster spots were questionable and everyone will get to play. If we end up having extra players, we will have a second game so everyone will play.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
Against WSI. I should note that some of the roster spots were questionable and everyone will get to play. If we end up having extra players, we will have a second game so everyone will play.

great, sounds good!

SF and SA:

My shoulder is back at full strength from conditioning.

I'm more than good to go. Just like with my baseball season this year.

I do request that you decline from the shameless and unwarranted criticisms of my abilities which far exceed those of you both at any time at any place.

...ya pansies! :D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
SF and SA:

My shoulder is back at full strength from conditioning.

I'm more than good to go. Just like with my baseball season this year.

I do request that you decline from the shameless and unwarranted criticisms of my abilities which far exceed those of you both at any time at any place.

...ya pansies! :D

Hey GP, I should PM ya, but I'll ask here anyway, since you brought it up. You're back to being able to pitch this spring?